ADVERTISEMENT

2023 DEER HUNTING STORIES

You still dragging that buck around?

I remember you passing through here on the way to the gun show in Hickory to show that buck off. Had it in the back of his truck…wuddn’t nothing but a carcass left… heck!… even the stink was gone!

Had blow flies stirred up….from here to Asheboro!😂😂😂
Old man so probably telling story everybody already read.
Shot that little fella at 8:05 in morning. 18 degrees on December 6th. Daddy, brother and my uncle all heard shot and eventually ended up there. Was about 150 yards behind my brother’s house. After loading him on hay trailer and taking 35mm pictures, daddy had us load him back of his truck, the one in picture. He drove that deer around to show every hunter in the entire community. We didn’t start cleaning him until after 3. I’ll never forget him telling the story of how I got my deer. He was as proud of me for that as he was when my baseball team somehow finished second in state with a slow footed shortstop 😂

I miss that man every day but December 6th memory won’t ever leave me.

Old man so probably telling story everybody already read.
Shot that little fella at 8:05 in morning. 18 degrees on December 6th. Daddy, brother and my uncle all heard shot and eventually ended up there. Was about 150 yards behind my brother’s house. After loading him on hay trailer and taking 35mm pictures, daddy had us load him back of his truck, the one in picture. He drove that deer around to show every hunter in the entire community. We didn’t start cleaning him until after 3. I’ll never forget him telling the story of how I got my deer. He was as proud of me for that as he was when my baseball team somehow finished second in state with a slow footed shortstop 😂

I miss that man every day but December 6th memory won’t ever leave me.
did you now about the deer or was it a random encounter?

Reactions: thekidd12
did you now about the deer or was it a random encounter?
Had seen the biggest deer, at the time, on opening day that year. Ten AM walking out from stand. 30 yards in front of me but couldn’t get on him. Nice ten point. Hunted him rest of year. Carried a climber and put on hill above there. Saw tons of deer that season but not him. My uncle, who fed/checked his cows almost every day knew every buck on place including the ten. December 6th had to take my two children to school so didn’t get in climber until 7:30. At 8 two bucks pestering a doe came across a small section of his pasture. One loping like his head was too heavy to carry. Stopped at 40 yards. Afterwards the other one, a basket five point, ran under me and stopped.
Anyway said all that to say neither me nor my uncle had ever seen that deer before.

Funny to me is I wanted to go back to same stand that afternoon and wife said why so I didn’t. Sister in law called at 4:15 to say the biggest deer she ever saw went through by their house heading right by stand 😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Had seen the biggest deer, at the time, on opening day that year. Ten AM walking out from stand. 30 yards in front of me but couldn’t get on him. Nice ten point. Hunted him rest of year. Carried a climber and put on hill above there. Saw tons of deer that season but not him. My uncle, who fed/checked his cows almost every day knew every buck on place including the ten. December 6th had to take my two children to school so didn’t get in climber until 7:30. At 8 two bucks pestering a doe came across a small section of his pasture. One loping like his head was too heavy to carry. Stopped at 40 yards. Afterwards the other one, a basket five point, ran under me and stopped.
Anyway said all that to say neither me nor my uncle had ever seen that deer before.

Funny to me is I wanted to go back to same stand that afternoon and wife said why so I didn’t. Sister in law called at 4:15 to say the biggest deer she ever saw went through by their house heading right by stand 😂
that is a cool story....my biggest deer doesnt compare to yours.....mine scored 133 as a 8 which isnt bad especially for nc

No matter what size as long as the hunter is happy with a lawfully taken deer I am.
Means they were in the woods.
And that is a good sized deer sir. Especially for NC.
Kidd, any relatives named James who worked in Pleasant Garden back in the day?

I am not a hunter but Kidd you make this thread interesting reading. Are you looking forward to football season, I am ?
Thank you sir. I’m glad someone appreciates my ramblings. Truthfully found this forum while recuperating from my stent insertion and making my wife a widow for a little over five minutes. Baby boy was in 10th grade and that fall, his 11th grade year, ER had a decent football team. Met quite a few, digitally, on here that were interesting. @Lincolnton being one. Anyway baby boy graduated in 2018, and is working on his Masters in business, and I hung around for fun. This place can be very interesting at times. But, if my hand was held to fire, I would say I’m a baseball guy. This is my favorite time of year when everyone is 0-0 and thinks they might be good.
I enjoyed football when my son was playing but I’m not as passionate now.
My problem is when someone speaks ill of ER, in any sport, I revert back to being 35 years old and bulletproof 😂

But in answer to your question I will enjoy football season when it gets that time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT