ADVERTISEMENT

2022 3A Girls Basketball Thread

Lady Pats played surprisingly well Tuesday night, but they are young and it remains to be seen whether or not coach Reddick can put the pieces together. Hibriten should be greatly improved and may be the favorite for the 3A portion of the NW3A/4A as they get back several of their girls from last year.
Hibriten did return most of their team from last year however they still are not a deep team…. Will need to stay healthy and out of foul trouble

In the East Rocky Mount 2-0 looks to be a factor in the East. Sr.Caroline Thiel is off to a great start.
They have beat a good Millbrook team soundly. Thiel is backed by Soph. McKinley Battle who has bagged over 20 rebounds in 2 games.

I know Freedom, North Iredell, Hickory girls known to be very good over the years in 3A.

West Rowan has a good team this year. Ben Smith should be a contender in the west as well.

Lady Pats got a nice win over E. Burke tonight 57-53. The Lady Pats graduated a lot of talented players last year and have no seniors on the roster, so to see them at 3-0 on the young season is a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Carson girls basketball that was powerhouse at one time is now struggling at 0-4. Not sure why they are down. Maybe just don’t have the talent as in the past. I believe their game with Statesville was postponed. They will play Concord on Dec. 6 at 6 pm.

Carson girls basketball that was powerhouse at one time is now struggling at 0-4. Not sure why they are down. Maybe just don’t have the talent as in the past. I believe their game with Statesville was postponed. They will play Concord on Dec. 6 at 6 pm.
Lost everyone to graduation! Playing a lot of Freshman.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
West Rowan(5-0) at North Rowan(3-1)
Ashbrook(3-0) at East Lincoln(4-0)
Fike(4-1) at DH Conley(6-0)
Smoky Mountain(3-1) at North Buncombe(3-1)
Southern Wayne(4-0) at North Pitt(3-1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Key Matchups 12/16

Smoky Mountain(5-2)#7 RPI at West Henderson(7-1)#16 RPI

Dudley(6-2)#19 RPI at Ben L Smith(5-0)#1 RPI

South Central(5-1)#5 RPI at JH Rose(6-2)#15 RPI

Key Games 12/22

Ben L. Smith(7-1)#1W RPI 3A vs Bishop McGuiness(7-0)#1W RPI 1A
East Carteret(8-0)#10E RPI 2A vs South Central(7-1)#4E RPI 3A

West Rowan girls won over North Rowan 72-30 to win the Moir Championship tournament. I think they are undefeated at 10-0. Checking their record they have pounded their opponents in same fashion. A team to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
East Lincoln girls stay undefeated with a 54-44 win over Mallard Creek. When playoffs comes I be curious to see if East Lincoln would meet up with West Rowan. Can’t wait until the playoffs begin.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So far I see E Lincoln as the top contender from the west. They have guard play and size.
W Rowan is talented, Smith is pretty decent as well.
Maybe not contenders but other teams to keep an eye on:
Hibriten, Ashe, Parkwood, Ledford, Oak Grove, Pisgah
I think Stuart Cramer can play with East. They played early on and East won by 6 I believe. Should be a good game if the paths cross later in the year.

Cramer is very young. Top (2) scorers are a freshman and sophomore and another freshman starts. Going to be very tough over the next few years.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Last year all 6 schools made the playoffs and won in the first round…. South Caldwell might have lost the most of the teams from last year but each night should be a battle in conference games!!

According to MaxPreps Alexander led 19-15 at hall before Ashe put up back to back 22 point quarters in the 2nd half!!!

No, North Iredell Lady Raiders will not win the conference. However, I can tell you who should win the Coach of The Year Honors: Brandon Jolly. He has a very limited talent team to go along with a very small team in terms of numbers playing way above anything anyone would have predicted.

Last nights beat down of Statesville is just another step along the path of rebuilding the North Iredell program.
Now if he would just take over the football program.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT