ADVERTISEMENT

2015 MAC

Originally posted by Champ_24:
Newton won a title about 14 years ago.
Wow didn't realize it was 2022 already !?!

Newton Conover won the 2AA title in 2008

Would like to see the High and Crest play again sometime. I know Asheville almost had a deal with Byrnes (SC) but it fell through and the same happened with Catholic and Tennessee powerhouse Fulton because the dates didn't match up. Say what you want about Asheville and Reynolds but neither are afraid to play anyone.

1. Erwin- They return the most
2. A.) Asheville- We lose a big senior class, but we return 6 all conference players
B.) Reynolds- I think they lost quite a bit on defense, but they have Rico Dowdle.
4. Roberson
5. North Buncombe
6. Mcdowell
7. Enka

I'm shocked we're playing Pisgah, it feels like they've played everyone in WNC but us in the last 14 years.

Originally posted by Fadeca:
I'm shocked we're playing Pisgah, it feels like they've played everyone in WNC but us in the last 14 years.
I'm shocked were playing Asheville too.Guess Brett decided to give Wilkins a big gate.

I think you will be surprised at how little you will fill up our away side pisgah supporter.Filling up tuscola east Henderson and franklins away side isn't like filling up our away side. I hope y'all do bring alot of people over, but you won't fill it. I've only seen it full 2-3 times.

Originally posted by AhsCougar1:
I think you will be surprised at how little you will fill up our away side pisgah supporter.Filling up tuscola east Henderson and franklins away side isn't like filling up our away side. I hope y'all do bring alot of people over, but you won't fill it. I've only seen it full 2-3 times.
Your visitor side didn't look any bigger than Tuscolas.I was over there this year when you played Weddington.

I must not be understanding, are you saying you believe tuscolas away side is the same size as ashevilles away side ?

I must not be understanding, are you saying you believe tuscolas away side is the same size as ashevilles away side ?
No I am saying they are close to the same size and I remind you when we go to Tuscola they are standing five deep on the fence and both in-zones'.

The away side at tuscola is not even half of the away size at Asheville high. It is HIGHLY unlikely you fill that side up. I hope I'm wrong.

The away side at tuscola is not even half of the away size at Asheville high. It is HIGHLY unlikely you fill that side up. I hope I'm wrong.
You do know that Tuscola added metal bleachers to the visitor side ,right.Cougar if we do fill the visitors side up I am sure they will be empty seats on the home side where we can set.
roll.r191677.gif

Forget the size of the stadiums, Pisgah fills up the Tuscola side because it's a huge rivalry game and they usually know they can win it. Asheville will not be a rivalry game and I can assure you victory won't be obtained quite as easily, so I doubt you fill up Asheville's stadium!

Originally posted by reynoldsrocks:
Forget the size of the stadiums, Pisgah fills up the Tuscola side because it's a huge rivalry game and they usually know they can win it. Asheville will not be a rivalry game and I can assure you victory won't be obtained quite as easily, so I doubt you fill up Asheville's stadium!
" Usually know we can win it"I appreciate the confidence in my Bears but evidently you need to look at those Pisgah ,Tuscola scores you have on your web page.Anyone that knows anything about this rivalry will never tell you they know Pisgah is going to win.We may get on here and pick at our county rivals but if both sides are truthful they know no matter what the record is .It can go either way.
Now for the Pisgah crowd.I have noticed over the last several years our numbers away have went down some.But we still bring more fans than most of the home teams do.I honestly have no idea how many fans Asheville can seat.I do remember several years ago someone posted the numbers each stadium in N.C could seat.I figured you might have that?Maybe it was the NCHAA.

Okay, maybe I worded it wrong or you misunderstood. What I was trying to say was when you play Tuscola you know it's at least a 50/50 shot you will win, when Pisgah plays Asheville it will never be 50/50, it will be more like 80/20 you will not win, so I think not as many people will travel to Asheville as they do to Tuscola.

Originally posted by reynoldsrocks:
Okay, maybe I worded it wrong or you misunderstood. What I was trying to say was when you play Tuscola you know it's at least a 50/50 shot you will win, when Pisgah plays Asheville it will never be 50/50, it will be more like 80/20 you will not win, so I think not as many people will travel to Asheville as they do to Tuscola.
I don't disagree with that and I never said they would.In Haywood county, Pisgah versus Tuscola is the only game some people go to each year it's been that way for ever.I do remember when we played you guys we filled your visitors side and several set on the home side.I also think you guys beat us pretty good.

Reynolds visitor side is a joke too but it's better than tuscolas.
I wish we had the money to expand on both sides of the stadium, but being one of six county schools we don't get the public funding like Asheville does. Our booster club money has gone into the jumbotron (which will eventually pay for itself w/ advertising) and the brand new weight room. Hopefully that is next on the agenda.

Originally posted by pisgah bear supporter:

I do remember several years ago someone posted the numbers each stadium in N.C could seat.I figured you might have that?Maybe it was the NCHAA.
it was probably carolinapreps, their website has pictures of each stadium in the state and has stadium capacity listed too, just go to their stadium project page, it's really cool

Don't get me wrong, I think Reynolds and Tuscola both have nice home sides. Tuscola probably has the best fan support and Reynolds has the best scoreboard, I just think overall their stadiums are too small. Asheville High has the nicest stadium I have seen in NC but I think our scoreboard is an embarrassment. In order to see our state championship banner you will need a telescope and the scoreboard is at least 30 years old. I also think our fan support does suck when you consider the talent we usually put on the field. However, our home side is so big it makes a decent crowd that would fill up other Buncombe County stadiums seem bad.

Don't get me wrong, I think Reynolds and Tuscola both have nice home sides. Tuscola probably has the best fan support and Reynolds has the best scoreboard, I just think overall their stadiums are too small. Asheville High has the nicest stadium I have seen in NC but I think our scoreboard is an embarrassment. In order to see our state championship banner you will need a telescope and the scoreboard is at least 30 years old. I also think our fan support does suck when you consider the talent we usually put on the field. However, our home side is so big it makes a decent crowd that would fill up other Buncombe County stadiums seem bad.
100% correct. this from an ACR fan.

I believe Drummond of asheville will have a big year, people don't realize how good he is, he was hurt most of last year and didn't return till the Erwin game? Or before.

I hear Drummond loves basketball, but I think football is his sport. In the limited action we saw him last season he was pretty damn good and at 6 foot 1, 6 foot 2, he really matches up well with bigger receivers. I think NB was his first game back but the next week he got significant playing time.

when acr and other schools start having standing room only crowds 3 or 4 times a year then you need to expand the stadium but it makes no sense to do so when most of the time your home side is 2/3 full and the visitors have 100 or so in the stands

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT