ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Playoffs Round 2:North Stanly VS Murphy

I’m pulling for North but wouldn’t be surprised to see them mountain boys leave with a win.

I Love watching Murphy Football. I was sitting just across from the Albemarle Kicker when He missed the point after kick in 2011. I went to the Murphy side to congratulate the Fans. There are some really good Murphy Fans. Great to have an SMC Team coming back to Stanly County. Let’s talk about the game. No 1A Team has proved to be able to beat North this year. The only loss came to a 3A Team. I’ll say even until late Friday Night

They lost to Swain...

But the looks of it, nobody is give NS a chance to win lol...
Exactly Sway, and most aren’t Murphy Fans. Murphy has good Fans and I hope that North Stanly Fans can see that. I’m just wondering how Cameron is going to do Friday

There is no shame in losing to Swain. Bryson City is a hard place to win. Murphy didn't play very well in that game but still only lost by two points. Murphy had been just going through the motions up until that game and it finally caught up with them. But that loss woke the Dogs up. They have been dominant since, including a 35-12 win over previously undefeated Cherokee on the road, and oh btw, Cherokee beat Swain 45-7. Murphy's only other loss was by one TD at 2aa Franklin, who happens to be undefeated and still playing. I don't know who will win this Friday, but NS need not expect to see the same Murphy team that lost to Swain.
It will be good to see Gentry and the Team back over this way. And the Fans of course. I live less than 3 miles from North Stanly and God Willing, I’m going to be there

Reactions: NC nole fan
They lost to Swain...

But the looks of it, nobody is give NS a chance to win lol...

The veer is a different machine. It neutralizes your touches on offense. Murphy being an offensive machine and questionable on defense it's what you call a bad matchup.

This will be a war, people in the know say North Stanly has as good of a defense as Murphy has seen this season. 'Dogs will have to bring their A game to win.

Its a shame north stanly couldn't borrow Albemarle's stadium for this one game. Lord knows there hasn't(and won't be in the near future) been any important games played there for awhile. There stadium is 1000 times better and u can take a leak in the woods on the visitor side without having to wait in long lines.

The key to a NS win will be balance. They have a few receiving threats. If they show their hand and take a deep shot early, imo...it has helped open up their running game. I have not seen Murphy, but NS is as good as any team from Stanly in the last 6 or 7 years at least...on defense. Their kicking game is solid. This game reminds me of a traditional 3rd or 4th round game. No predictions, but NS should hold their own and can win if they "overlook" the roar of tradition. I would say Murphy is the most consistent 1A school in the last 25 years. That speaks volumes.

This is probably the biggest game in North Stanly football history and I’m curious how well they handle this situation. I hope they don’t come out and play conservative. I’d love to see them throw it deep on their first play from scrimmage. Murphy will be hard to beat with all their playoff experience and their offense will be hard to stop because North hasn’t faced a offense like theirs all year. I don’t think many people thought North would beat West Montgomery or North Rowan this year but they did. North has to bring their A game Friday night to have a chance but that’s why they play the game.

This is probably the biggest game in North Stanly football history and I’m curious how well they handle this situation. I hope they don’t come out and play conservative. I’d love to see them throw it deep on their first play from scrimmage. Murphy will be hard to beat with all their playoff experience and their offense will be hard to stop because North hasn’t faced a offense like theirs all year. I don’t think many people thought North would beat West Montgomery or North Rowan this year but they did. North has to bring their A game Friday night to have a chance but that’s why they play the game.

Totally agree. This is biggest game in North Stanly Football history. This is the most complete team we have seen around NS in awhile It will be fun to watch. Coach Crisco has had his team prepared all season and we expect they will Be well prepared for Murphy. There is a lot of talent on the team so expect to see the players play They have played great this season in the big games. I’m convinced that the winner of this game eventually goes to Raleigh to face Tarboro in 1aa champ game Murphy is a great football team Also. Will be a battle from from start to finish

The key to a NS win will be balance. They have a few receiving threats. If they show their hand and take a deep shot early, imo...it has helped open up their running game. I have not seen Murphy, but NS is as good as any team from Stanly in the last 6 or 7 years at least...on defense. Their kicking game is solid. This game reminds me of a traditional 3rd or 4th round game. No predictions, but NS should hold their own and can win if they "overlook" the roar of tradition. I would say Murphy is the most consistent 1A school in the last 25 years. That speaks volumes.
This has the Excitement of a 3rd, 4th Round game around here. I like this matchup.

Totally agree. This is biggest game in North Stanly Football history. This is the most complete team we have seen around NS in awhile It will be fun to watch. Coach Crisco has had his team prepared all season and we expect they will Be well prepared for Murphy. There is a lot of talent on the team so expect to see the players play They have played great this season in the big games. I’m convinced that the winner of this game eventually goes to Raleigh to face Tarboro in 1aa champ game Murphy is a great football team Also. Will be a battle from from start to finish
Hey, a YVC Championship wouldn’t be bad

Any team coming out of the SMC this year will be tough. Cherokee has played Swain and Murphy and Robbinsville and all three are great teams. So do not take any of the four lightly. On any given night they can beat the best team in the State. I assure you that North Stanley is everything they say they are....but I also assure you that Murphy already has their offense broke down, tendencies noted. Good luck to both teams and long hail the SMC.

Any team coming out of the SMC this year will be tough. Cherokee has played Swain and Murphy and Robbinsville and all three are great teams. So do not take any of the four lightly. On any given night they can beat the best team in the State.

So your telling me that Murphy can or any other team in the SMC can beat West Forsyth or Wake Forest...or "Mallard Creek" for that matter. Miss me with that lol..

Beating North Rowan and West Montgomery this year says a lot about North Stanly. I want to see if Cameron gets off any decent Runs against Murphy. I see Him losing some Yards against Them

Its a shame north stanly couldn't borrow Albemarle's stadium for this one game. Lord knows there hasn't(and won't be in the near future) been any important games played there for awhile. There stadium is 1000 times better and u can take a leak in the woods on the visitor side without having to wait in long lines.
And take a drag off a butt around behind the band buses

Yes, but it’s nothing compared to Albemarle with is one of the best venues in the state to watch a game. I just hope there’s enough seating at NS because a lot of fans not associated with either are coming to see this one

No doubt this is the marquee 1A matchup in the state this week....Just a question for the Comet fans...When is the last time that North Stanly played a playoff game of this magnitude at home or on the road?

Thanks in advance!

Any Murphy posters know if the Dogs will have everyone healthy and ready to play this week? I know #6 has been out the past couple of games. I hope he's back because he can be a difference maker on offense, defense, and special teams with his speed.
He want be back, he had to have gallbladder surgery, doctor hasn't released him that I know of

North stanly stadium blows. Half the fans will have to stand up
I usually stand along the Visitors Fence line. Tickets are 7.00 dollars in advance and 10.00 dollars at the gate. Whoever says that North is a second Half Team had better look out. Murphy was up 44 -0 over South Stanly early in the Third Quarter

North has never had a playoff game like this but in reality they haven’t had many playoff games in their history and I’m not really sure if they have ever hosted a playoff game before. Maybe a North fan could answer that and if they have ever won a playoff game before.If not this would be a good one to start with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT