ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Games to Watch

Apparently this clown thinks I'm you JDub. And just last week you specifically told him about D. Unbelievable.

Actually em had won more playoff games than West when Jerry retired, but still never played in a state champion game. Since Jerry's retirement, West has won 24 playoff games and em one? Sweater, you need to get a job as a proof reader? Didn't know you got points here for that. Let me know when you actually have something published!

Actually em had won more playoff games than West when Jerry retired, but still never played in a state champion game. Since Jerry's retirement, West has won 24 playoff games and em one? Sweater, you need to get a job as a proof reader? Didn't know you got points here for that. Let me know when you actually have something published!
So you are admitting that you were wrong about EMs final four appearances? Have you scholars not realized that I know the answers to my questions before I ask them . It's like hunting in a baited field , too easy.

Reactions: justanotherfan46
Got me on the final four em played in. Just not as astute on em history, considering I was living in the western part of the state back then! But I know I'm right on West playing in three championship games and have won 24 playoff games to em's one since 1996 when Jerry retired

And if you are so smart you certainly would not think JDub and I were the same person lol. But hey, you are a scholar and a grammar cop.

What trap Pal? Sounds like to me you're a wanna-be sports writer. With your proof writings skill, I'm sure you might be able to find a job in the county. Griddie, maybe this guy needs to know what's it like to put some his writing out there every week! Keep hiding Pal!

And if you are so smart you certainly would not think JDub and I were the same person lol. But hey, you are a scholar and a grammar cop.
I never said you guys were the same . I think you both are GREAT, along with BD , give me something to do. The truth is I have a ton of fun with you guys, if EM doesn't win States , I will be pulling for WM ( I know 2 players and families very well as well as a hand full of others) . It is always amazing how serious you guys get about something so small. Get out , charge your wheel chair batteries ,and LIVE a little❤️

Telling me I was lying about D was more than serious to me brother. You better believe that

Hey pal, I've done a lot more living than you probably ever done. I didn't stay in moco after I got out of collage. Live all over the eastern seaboard before I came back

Reactions: justanotherfan46
I also wonder how good Avery is? Playing in the split conference records can sometimes be misleading!

Not very good at all this year, definitely not as good as the 3 win Avery team from 2 years ago that went on the road and knocked off number 1 or 2 seed East Surry in the first round. Mitchell held them without a first down until late in the 3rd qt last Friday and to only 50 total yards. They do have a couple headscratching wins though over 8-3 2a North Wilkes and Cloudland Tennessee who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year over there. Avery has played a tough schedule, but I don't think they will be a threat to EM. They have some good fast skill players but have bad line play and a really bad tackling defense.

If Avery has had bad tackling then that is not a good sign going up against McKinney. Not good at all.

Dear God have you ever see Swain play? It's at Swain. Stay within four touchdowns and get back to me, I will gladly eat crow. Actually that's all that I've seen North Stanly do since they came into the league with all this supposed great talent and what have they done - not won bleep.

Griddie, glad to see all the good words about Swain. I am a proud alumnus of SCHS and I bleed maroon and white. I wish I had the confidence in this team (2016) that you seem to have, but the truth is they are merely a shell of some of the great teams of the past. The Devils have been hit unusually hard with the injury bug for two seasons in a row. Just as it seems like they start to get healthy, another teammate or two goes down.

Thanks to the extra bye week the Devils are finally in pretty good shape health wise. The quarterback is a shifty runner and can deliver the deep ball to a trio of very good receivers. Also got a couple of good runners. The feature back is not very big but he is smart and has quick feet. He has racked up several big running plays this season. I feel a big game coming on for #28 out of the backfield. This guy (Beaner) is huge and has some speed to boot. Unfortunately he was injured most of the season with limited playing time. Hopefully he is on his "A" game Friday night.

With a little luck and hopefully no more injuries Swain might just add another win to a state best all time playoff wins record. Playing at Dietz Field during the playoffs is no easy task for any opponent as history shows. Trust me, it won't be any easier this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Griddie, glad to see all the good words about Swain. I am a proud alumnus of SCHS and I bleed maroon and white. I wish I had the confidence in this team (2016) that you seem to have, but the truth is they are merely a shell of some of the great teams of the past. The Devils have been hit unusually hard with the injury bug for two seasons in a row. Just as it seems like they start to get healthy, another teammate or two goes down.

Thanks to the extra bye week the Devils are finally in pretty good shape health wise. The quarterback is a shifty runner and can deliver the deep ball to a trio of very good receivers. Also got a couple of good runners. The feature back is not very big but he is smart and has quick feet. He has racked up several big running plays this season. I feel a big game coming on for #28 out of the backfield. This guy (Beaner) is huge and has some speed to boot. Unfortunately he was injured most of the season with limited playing time. Hopefully he is on his "A" game Friday night.

With a little luck and hopefully no more injuries Swain might just add another win to a state best all time playoff wins record. Playing at Dietz Field during the playoffs is no easy task for any opponent as history shows. Trust me, it won't be any easier this time around.

Good luck to the Maroon Devils.

Swain County is still Swain County. I don't think anyone wants to play you guys at home, no matter the record. Much respect.

Yes, this game will be over early. The Beaner kid is a load though not very fast. And Swain has its share of Cherokee players as always.

Swain is tough have the veer plus their qb is a decent thrower ... Nice option passing game too.. Be hard to beat swain at swain and yes they have several cherokee players but they been there for a while and were part of the youth cherokee team that was so good

Reactions: Griddie
Sickening to see them play at Swain.

If you were to check, I am quite sure each of "them" fall within LEA guidelines and have every right to attend Swain County High School. It's their choice....nothing "sickening" about that.

Last edited:
Swain County is still Swain County. I don't think anyone wants to play you guys at home, no matter the record. Much respect.

Hey Fanatic, thanks for the props and the same goes here. I've seen some great games between WM and Swain. I just hope the Devils can give the Warriors another good one if they get the chance.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Dear God have you ever see Swain play? It's at Swain. Stay within four touchdowns and get back to me, I will gladly eat crow. Actually that's all that I've seen North Stanly do since they came into the league with all this supposed great talent and what have they done - not won bleep.
With the passing game and the big Running Back that They are talking about, North will run into trouble. Plus the long trip

Swain is a far cry from most other swain teams. They only had a 7-0 lead on Rville late in the 4th Quarter
And Rville looks like a mash unit. About 7 starting spots lost to injury or punishment. Third string QB for Rville also. If Swain was any good they would of destroyed us. They only had 250 yds.

Swain is a far cry from most other swain teams. They only had a 7-0 lead on Rville late in the 4th Quarter
And Rville looks like a mash unit. About 7 starting spots lost to injury or punishment. Third string QB for Rville also. If Swain was any good they would of destroyed us. They only had 250 yds.
North has a long Trip. Those SMC Teams are always Tough and I know most of Them want to make it to the second round

Not very good at all this year, definitely not as good as the 3 win Avery team from 2 years ago that went on the road and knocked off number 1 or 2 seed East Surry in the first round. Mitchell held them without a first down until late in the 3rd qt last Friday and to only 50 total yards. They do have a couple headscratching wins though over 8-3 2a North Wilkes and Cloudland Tennessee who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year over there. Avery has played a tough schedule, but I don't think they will be a threat to EM. They have some good fast skill players but have bad line play and a really bad tackling defense.

We fell off the wagon after we lost to Hendo 66 to 6. Lost some very key players (including our K/RB, starting QB, RB/WR/Backup QB) that game (whether it was for a week or two or out for the year), our team was shedding a little bit of light before that game but has sat stagnant since then and has refused to play.

We fell off the wagon after we lost to Hendo 66 to 6. Lost some very key players (including our K/RB, starting QB, RB/WR/Backup QB) that game (whether it was for a week or two or out for the year), our team was shedding a little bit of light before that game but has sat stagnant since then and has refused to play.

Yeah they definitely seemed like a different team at the end of the season than they were early, even after the injured players came back it didn't seem the same. Hope they can pull it together this week, would love to see them pull off the upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT