ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a women’s final brackets

Bulldog, you did a good job coaching this year, but you need to give credit when credit is due.
Each year you give excuses when you get beat. You lost to a better team. That doesn’t mean that your team didn’t have a good season. Albemarle had a great season.
Bishop beat you guys by 26, NR beat you by 15 and 11, then MH beat you by 19. Albemarle was the 5th best team in the west, that’s a compliment.
Next year you should once again be competitive, but give a little more respect.
You are right NCprepbball. Very little credit or respect is being given. Clear he feels MH was lucky shooting the ball. 12 3’s is a rediculous number for a basketball team to make in this day and time… But he is forgetting that other things led to those shots or led to 41 total pts for albemarle. But that was probably just the poor officiating and untimely injuries.

One way to look at it may be that MH played teams that actually played defense during the season. Fact is that MH had way to many open looks at 3 (way more than usual), due to the traps with no rhyme, reason, or rotation from Albemarle. Maybe that works against teams than can’t make more than 1-2 passes. Better fundamental team with 5 players on the floor knew how to move the ball won last night. Don’t expect Cherokee to leave Mh that many open looks on Monday.

Bulldog, you did a good job coaching this year, but you need to give credit when credit is due.
Each year you give excuses when you get beat. You lost to a better team. That doesn’t mean that your team didn’t have a good season. Albemarle had a great season.
Bishop beat you guys by 26, NR beat you by 15 and 11, then MH beat you by 19. Albemarle was the 5th best team in the west, that’s a compliment.
Next year you should once again be competitive, but give a little more respect.
I agree

Probably the only active head
I didn’t realize he was the head coach. We talked this past summer about setting up a scrimmage with his girls and my Mt heritage travel team. Was always good to talk to but it’s easy to look at every little thing when you lose. I’ve done it year before last when heritage lost to bishop and last year when WE laid that egg of a poor shooting performance against draughn. Thing is girls have hit 9 3s in a game this year not sure which one but I saw it on max preps. They have hit double digit 3s in past seasons (same players). If anyone feels getting grabbed by the shoulder in the post or legs getting taken out unintentionally was reason for losing a game never played many WHC or SMC teams.

Oh and by the way the stats were finally posted for the MH/Albemarle game. Heritage hit 4 3 pointers lmao. So we had 12 points off 4 3s my daughter hit 3 her cousin hit one. So hitting 12 as a reason to win that game was a little bit of a stretch considering we have hit 8 or 9 several times. Good luck to my Cougars tonight as I’m sure it will be a battle with Cherokee. Pray both teams and fans have a safe trip. Side note, that might have been the lowest 3 point shots made this season I’ve not looked.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way the stats were finally posted for the MH/Albemarle game. Heritage hit 4 3 pointers lmao. So we had 12 points off 4 3s my daughter hit 3 her cousin hit one. So hitting 12 as a reason to win that game was a little bit of a stretch considering we have hit 8 or 9 several times. Good luck to my Cougars tonight as I’m sure it will be a battle with Cherokee. Pray both teams and fans have a safe trip. Side note, that might have been the lowest 3 point shots made this season I’ve not looked.
Only 4 3 s? Wow.. it makes me question the veracity of the rest of his post.

Mountain Heritage vs
Albemarle.
4 for 18 for 3s 22%
10 for 19 Free Throws
19 for 35 2pt Atts
I hope I'm wrong, but if Heritage don't shoot the ball better especially from the free throw line ,it will be hard to beat Cherokee, any way good look to my lady cougars tonight .

Reactions: 97Cougar
Mountain Heritage vs
Albemarle.
4 for 18 for 3s 22%
10 for 19 Free Throws
19 for 35 2pt Atts
I hope I'm wrong, but if Heritage don't shoot the ball better especially from the free throw line ,it will be hard to beat Cherokee, any way good look to my lady cougars tonight .
No you are not wrong we need to shoot much better tonight to beat Cherokee.

Reactions: recycled2
Wait does this mean stat wise and officiating wise Cherokee would have beat the Bulldogs by 50? This was my daughter’s last game. I’m officially signed off. Good luck to Cherokee and good luck to all you guys going forward. PS that was my daughter that lit the Bulldogs up. Lol.

Wait does this mean stat wise and officiating wise Cherokee would have beat the Bulldogs by 50? This was my daughter’s last game. I’m officially signed off. Good luck to Cherokee and good luck to all you guys going forward. PS that was my daughter that lit the Bulldogs up. Lol.
In all honesty, Bishop and MH are more disciplined and fundamental than Albemarle. Cherokee may of beat them by 40-50.

Living in the stokes ,Surry area I haven't seen teams close to Cherokee or Heritage. Heritage should have went inside more they might have had better chance

Reactions: 97Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT