ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a women’s final brackets

I think the Mtn Heirtage/Alb game will be a similar game as far as style of ball.
I agree I think size of the court could play a factor...its more difficult to press on a full court compared to smaller court where albemarle plays there home games.

I agree I think size of the court could play a factor...its more difficult to press on a full court compared to smaller court where albemarle plays there home games.
We have played at Pfeiffer university we actually play better away imo

31-17 at half. Mtn Heritage passes really well and is deep. Alb seems a little lost on offense.
is albemarle constantly trying to get the ball down low?...the losses ive seen them have that's what they tried most of the game

is albemarle constantly trying to get the ball down low?...the losses ive seen them have that's what they tried most of the game
I wouldn’t say they were trying to get the ball down low. They struggled with the defense and aggressiveness of Mtn Heritage. It took them out of their offensive flow. Baldwin scored probably 3/4 of their points, but no one else did much for Alb.
Alb had a good season but the better team won tonight.

Reactions: 97Cougar
I wouldn’t say they were trying to get the ball down low. They struggled with the defense and aggressiveness of Mtn Heritage. It took them out of their offensive flow. Baldwin scored probably 3/4 of their points, but no one else did much for Alb.
What’s your thoughts on the west regional matchup for 1a girls?

What? Lol. 11 got in foul trouble in the first 3 mins not sure who the white guy ref was but he called a moving screen on a ghost screen. 24 went up for a rebound and got her shoulder grabbed and put to the floor twice and another time going up for a shot got her legs taken out which re-injured her ankle. So you had that and then MH had an incredible shooting night hitting 12 3’s which from what I was told by the fans was the first time they have ever shot that well.

Congrats to the players and coaches at MH they came out hot and stayed hot. But the physicality etc didn’t bother us. We knew coming into that gym in that environment we needed to start quick. But you take away 4 of those 3’s you have a tight ball game even with everything else. 12 3’s on any night is tough to deal with but you add that with the foul trouble on 11 and 24 re-injuring her ankle in that environment makes it near impossible.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
Bulldog, no disrespect. You guys had a great season, but the better team won tonight. The game was never close and you guys were already down by double digits in the 1Q. Wasn’t the score 8-0 or 10-0 before you all scored?
Albemarle will def be a team to look out for next year since you return the majority of your players.

Reactions: recycled2
Bulldog, no disrespect. You guys had a great season, but the better team won tonight. The game was never close and you guys were already down by double digits in the 1Q. Wasn’t the score 8-0 or 10-0 before you all scored?
Albemarle will def be a team to look out for next year since you return the majority of your players.
1) that’s tough to say when you have a girl avg what 18 and 10 at 60% she was our starting big and getting recruited at the d1 level.

and remember 11 had 2 fouls in the first 3 mins I mean let’s be fair about that

2) MH shot the game of their lives last night if not tell me another time this season they made over 8 3’s?

The better team is a stretch the better team last night with the way MH shot the ball yes. But let’s not act like that was an expected shooting night for Mh lol. Stop it with that mess lol.

To put it in context it took an extraordinary shooting night 11 in foul trouble 24 re injuring her ankle after getting her legs taken out to win by 19 oh and one hell of a start out of the gate.

To compare teams MH is about the same as Union academy. And I may give the edge to UA due to 22. Remember UA had us down by 15 one game and twice by 10 in the conference tourney championship. The difference between the two MH had an incredible shooting night. 12 3’s is really tough to overcome.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
What’s your thoughts on the west regional matchup for 1a girls?
Honest opinion this will be a game of styles. Size going to MH guard play to Cherokee. Sometimes teams get hot in the playoffs and if MH shoots the ball like they did against Albemarle they will be tough to beat.

Cherokee brings a lot of pressure on the defensive side personally I think MH will have to dominate the interior and hit about 7-8 3’s to win. My initial thought is cherokee wins by 8-10 however if MH can knock down shots they could get the win.

Either way you slice it this is the state championship game

Whoever wins this game wins state by 15-20pts

Reactions: 97Cougar and KW23
What? Lol. 11 got in foul trouble in the first 3 mins not sure who the white guy ref was but he called a moving screen on a ghost screen. 24 went up for a rebound and got her shoulder grabbed and put to the floor twice and another time going up for a shot got her legs taken out which re-injured her ankle. So you had that and then MH had an incredible shooting night hitting 12 3’s which from what I was told by the fans was the first time they have ever shot that well.

Congrats to the players and coaches at MH they came out hot and stayed hot. But the physicality etc didn’t bother us. We knew coming into that gym in that environment we needed to start quick. But you take away 4 of those 3’s you have a tight ball game even with everything else. 12 3’s on any night is tough to deal with but you add that with the foul trouble on 11 and 24 re-injuring her ankle in that environment makes it near impossible.
They have shot that well several times as a team over the past season and seasons. They just hadn’t really done it a lot recently. I will say our defense caused a lot of problems last night just off how many TOs were caused due to just passes being thrown I little two high or out in front and going out of bounds. I’ve not seen a stat sheet but that was also one of the worst free throw shooting games we have had as I know at one point we were 3-11

Last edited:
This is all neural opinions. Mountain Heritage deserves a little respect. They’re 28-2 for a reason and the two losses were against Watauga.
UA had a good team with Suttle and Thompson, but you can’t compare them to Mtn Heritage.
Once again, IMO the better team won and Cherokee/Mtn Heritage should be a good one.

This is all neural opinions. Mountain Heritage deserves a little respect. They’re 28-2 for a reason and the two losses were against Watauga.
UA had a good team with Suttle and Thompson, but you can’t compare them to Mtn Heritage.
Once again, IMO the better team won and Cherokee/Mtn Heritage should be a good one.
Thank you, Heritage has had several girls hit 3 to 5 threes in a game this season but they have struggled having games when everyone was on for the most part. Last couple seasons with the same group of girls they have had several games where they have hit double digit three point shots. The thing about Heritage is they don’t have that 1-2 players you have to focus on stopping every night it could be any one or two of the starters or next 3 off the bench that gets hot and has a big game. Last night it was my daughter and her cousin. Next game it could be 2 or 3 different players.

Glad game is at neutral site and not at heritage. Go Braves!!! Anybody know what time games are Monday?

With all do respect to MH suttle and Thompson are better than anything they have the advantage MH has is their post is alittle better. But that’s no disrespect to UA who outside of us has lost one game

• Wow
Bulldog north rowan loses there best 2 players so all u have to worry about next season is union academy... But if they play like they did in playoffs vs y'all you shouldn't even have to worry about them. Y'all could go undefeated next year and be the 1 seed... BC bishop graduates 2 of there 3 top players so they will lose some games... Mtn heritage graduates 5...so they will take a step back.

Here is my opinion, which means nothing. I have seen several of the top 1A girls teams live and the others on film. I think the top 3 are MH/Cherokee/Bishop in no particular order. I think if Bishop/Cherokee played 10 times it might be 5 wins each, two very even teams. MH has the best post play of the 3. It will be interesting to see how their perimeter matches up with Cherokee. To finish out my top 4 , I have North Rowan. There you have it.

With all do respect to MH suttle and Thompson are better than anything they have the advantage MH has is their post is alittle better. But that’s no disrespect to UA who outside of us has lost one game
That was my point though is they may have the better two players and y’all may have had the better two last night but we had the better 8 when comparing the top6-8 players counting bench players

Reactions: recycled2
East Columbus vs East Bladen? Is the east weak as ever or is either team good? I know east bladen was a 2a school last year so maybe they are legit?

That was my point though is they may have the better two players and y’all may have had the better two last night but we had the better 8 when comparing the top6-8 players counting bench players
Agreed. Mtn Heritage is much deeper and can wear teams down with their rotation

Here is my opinion, which means nothing. I have seen several of the top 1A girls teams live and the others on film. I think the top 3 are MH/Cherokee/Bishop in no particular order. I think if Bishop/Cherokee played 10 times it might be 5 wins each, two very even teams. MH has the best post play of the 3. It will be interesting to see how their perimeter matches up with Cherokee. To finish out my top 4 , I have North Rowan. There you have it.
I completely agree.

Like I said 11 in foul trouble 24 re injured her ankle when her legs were taken from on the second time she was put to the floor. And it took that and 12 3’s if they were like that they should have beat us by 30 with hitting the shots they did. They had an extraordinary night shooting by all accounts including their own fans. To quote “we have never seen them shoot that well”. Hats off to MH to shoot that well is not easy they had to make the shots but to say well they have had a couple of games where they have shot like that. Come on against who? Their best shooting game was when they hit 8 against rosman and that didn’t include 40 who barely hits a jump shot outside of the third block go dang near perfect

As far as us moving forward we are going to continue to be in the conversation and the team will most likely be better next year. My observation doesn’t change regarding them and Union academy.

Finally do not mistake MH had to make those shots last night and they did hats off to them and their coaching staff. They did what they had to do to win the game. We knew what the atmosphere was going to be walking in and we also knew we needed a fast start and we didn’t get that.

Again I will say like I have said the past two seasons the 1a west is a gauntlet and extremely difficult to get through especially when you include the travel that we have to go through in addition to the talent level. The state championship will be played on Monday between cherokee and MH in what I think will be a great game in a game of styles. Hats off to those two for coming out of the gauntlet it’s not easy at all and it’s well earned

Bulldog, you did a good job coaching this year, but you need to give credit when credit is due.
Each year you give excuses when you get beat. You lost to a better team. That doesn’t mean that your team didn’t have a good season. Albemarle had a great season.
Bishop beat you guys by 26, NR beat you by 15 and 11, then MH beat you by 19. Albemarle was the 5th best team in the west, that’s a compliment.
Next year you should once again be competitive, but give a little more respect.

Bulldog, you did a good job coaching this year, but you need to give credit when credit is due.
Each year you give excuses when you get beat. You lost to a better team. That doesn’t mean that your team didn’t have a good season. Albemarle had a great season.
Bishop beat you guys by 26, NR beat you by 15 and 11, then MH beat you by 19. Albemarle was the 5th best team in the west, that’s a compliment.
Next year you should once again be competitive, but give a little more respect.
Please tell me what’s disrespectful about anything I stated? And what excuses have I given last year gave full credit to Robbinsville and that Pg on how she played so stop that. This gave MH full credit for hitting 12 3’s which is in fact their record by a long shot previous high 8 vs rosman.

Did you see 24 hit the ground twice first time was grabbed around the shoulders second time her legs taken out that reinsured her ankle? Is that an excuse? She is 18 and 11 you don’t think she would make an impact? Think it’s an excuse I can show the film….

11 getting in foul trouble did that not make an impact along with 24 re injuring her ankle? Absolutely.

Put those items with the heck of a shooting night by MH that’s tough for any team to overcome.

Excuses gtfoh those are just the facts at what happened in the game don’t like, hell I don’t care. I was honest about MH and congratulated them on a hell of a game played and one hell of a shooting night. Facts are if they don’t hit 10 plus 3’s vs Cherokee then Cherokee will win by 15-20pts 🤷🏻‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT