ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a women’s final brackets

Im always down for a snack... Ill see what variety of collared shirts are available at the thrift store tomorrow. In all seriousness I think the boys game will be a blowout the SMC boys teams weren't legit contenders this year... But north rowan game should be a great one.

Reactions: cimsies
Im always down for a snack... Ill see what variety of collared shirts are available at the thrift store tomorrow. In all seriousness I think the boys game will be a blowout the SMC boys teams weren't legit contenders this year... But north rowan game should be a great one.
Facts

Reactions: KW23

Not so fast on the boys game. I think Murphy was probably the most talented boys team in the SMC. They have the best size in the conference and the most experience. They are better than last year's team. The transfer from Robbinsville is a good point guard that can shoot it. The role players are solid. With that being said, you never know which Murphy team will show up. It is 50/50 as to whether it will be a 3 point win or a 35 point loss. They have been the most inconsistent team in the SMC.

Reactions: MHS-88
Thanks uk-te-na... Im at bishop mcguinness tonight pulling for Murphy and north rowan... Ill keep ya posted on girls game. Go Braves!!!!

Reactions: GreyGod623
Warm up the bus's braves bishop 15 north rowan 7

Thanks uk-te-na... Im at bishop mcguinness tonight pulling for Murphy and north rowan... Ill keep ya posted on girls game. Go Braves!!!!
You’re 0-1 and right now 0-2…Don’t go to Vegas!

Reactions: sbbbfan
Pulling for and thinking will win is 2 different things

MTN heritage I agree with u... But I think Cherokee has a real shot of knocking off bishop... Cherokee needs to play tougher opponents next year so that the game can be at Cherokee... The helter skelter press they run could backfire though... Should be a good game.

Reactions: 97Cougar
I agree it should be a good game. It will be interesting to see how Cherokee reacts if Bishop breaks the press.

MTN heritage I agree with u... But I think Cherokee has a real shot of knocking off bishop... Cherokee needs to play tougher opponents next year so that the game can be at Cherokee... The helter skelter press they run could backfire though... Should be a good game.
I think the disciplined style of Bishop vs the chaos of Cherokee will be interesting. In the end I think it will simply boil down to who shoots it the best.

No love? Lol jk

Reactions: KW23 and 97Cougar
I just think if Cherokee can shut down 10(MVP), 14(mainly down low) and 22(3 point shooter) they got a chance... North rowan was running helter skelter defense tonight and kept running after the other girls on the team that aren't shooters in my opinion then they would just run around them and someone would be open... North rowan was able to get quite a few steals though pressuring so I think Cherokee can as well. They were doubling everybody at times and bishop usually found the open player. Also north rowans coach never called a timeout in the first half when her players where definitely gassed.... They didn't even warm up before 2nd half just came out real slow with one minute to go before half was over. I just think not playing anybody with a pulse for 3 months might backfire against the braves... But I am a pessimist so I hope IM wrong as can be. Ive seen bishop play twice this season and I dont think they are near as good as they were last year. But I still got memory of them whipping the braves last season... Hope that memory is gone soon lol

Last edited:
been Listening to that for years…now I understand
Those two take downs by north rowan were great.... I was waiting for the refs to lay on the ground and slap the floor counting to 3 lol.. I couldn't believe there weren't foul calls on those takedowns. Refs missed a blatant foul on bishop fouling north's 3 point shooter as well u could hear her slap her hand when she shot... Refs in boy game weren't much better. Wachaha for Murphy fell down after great defense by bishop player... Bishop player ran his mouth taunting towards him and walking towards him flexing while he was on the ground and ref was standing right there and just told him to calm down. But your right girls refs were aweful there was some serious physical play allowed

Reactions: cimsies
I'm sure every cherokee fan wanted this match up as bishop has kept alot of good cherokee team from winning state over the years. Cherokee is a very fast team an at time it like 10 girls playing defense. If the refs doesn't call every touch foul I have cherokee winning by 10 plus but if the refs call every little thing it will change the game for cherokee and will hurt their offense.

Those two take downs by north rowan were great.... I was waiting for the refs to lay on the ground and slap the floor counting to 3 lol.. I couldn't believe there weren't foul calls on those takedowns. Refs missed a blatant foul on bishop fouling north's 3 point shooter as well u could hear her slap her hand when she shot... Refs in boy game weren't much better. Wachaha for Murphy fell down after great defense by bishop player... Bishop player ran his mouth taunting towards him and walking towards him flexing while he was on the ground and ref was standing right there and just told him to calm down. But your right girls refs were aweful there was some serious physical play allowed
Bishop boy should have gotten teed-up, no question about the taunt, Girls game had no flow because of the physicality Which takes a toll on the quality of play. If you’re coming Friday travel safe.

Ill be there Go Braves! Wish I could go to corvian community to watch your boys also but cant be in 2 places at once lol

Single worst officiated game I’ve seen in 60+ years. Pulling, grabbing, pulling down, hacking, you name it. Amazing no one on Bishop got seriously injured.
You mean the WWE power slam with no call and the WWE karate chop multiple times....yep

Both games Friday should be good ones. Bishop girls have to take care of the ball better but again, when getting literally mugged that doesn't help.

Bunch of old timers standing up and screaming at refs was definitely entertaining.

I'm sure every cherokee fan wanted this match up as bishop has kept alot of good cherokee team from winning state over the years. Cherokee is a very fast team an at time it like 10 girls playing defense. If the refs doesn't call every touch foul I have cherokee winning by 10 plus but if the refs call every little thing it will change the game for cherokee and will hurt their offense.
Not this Cherokee fan... Im tired of watching us lose to bishop I wanted north rowan at home lol

Reactions: cherokee 79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT