ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a women’s final brackets

Best first round game Avery vs Rosman.... Best 2ND round game Union academy at Albemarle... Best 3RD round game north rowan at bishop mcguinness.... Best 4TH round game Cherokee vs north rowan/bishop winner

Best first round game Avery vs Rosman.... Best 2ND round game Union academy at Albemarle... Best 3RD round game north rowan at bishop mcguinness.... Best 4TH round game Cherokee vs north rowan/bishop winner
Agree will add one as well if rosman gets past Avery they have played Mtn heritage pretty tough that could be a good game. North Rowan and bishop I think will be a good game to watch.

Nah rosman will lose to heritage but I think albemarle could beat heritage

Cherokee vs Bishop/north rowan 4TH round game is state championship In my opinion

Reactions: uk-te-na
y'all ready for Union tomorrow? I think there could be an upset.
Union is a good team in all reality it’s unfortunate that this is a second round game tbh. In all reality from some of the teams I have seen make it to the second round UA would beat a lot by 20. Both teams know each other well it’s going to be a good game. Nothing bad to say or negative to say about UA that’s a very good basketball team.

I agree. Whoever loses the game could easily be a 3rd round team. I’ll take Alb but don’t think it will be easy.

Mountain Heritage Cherokee Bishop Albemarle north rowan and union are the only 6 good teams in the west. The other 10 aren't winning anything.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Mountain Heritage Cherokee Bishop Albemarle north rowan and union are the only 6 good teams in the west. The other 10 aren't winning anything.
Regarding this game between Albemarle and UA tomorrow both teams are great basketball teams. The unfortunate thing is with them meeting in the second round. My only complaint to the current system is this type of situation. 3rd round and beyond fine but second shouldn’t happen.

I’m a big fan of auto bids for conference champs but not auto seeds. Give those champs an Auto bid then seed 1-32 for each side and roll the ball out. My personal opinion I love the ncaa format. Auto bid for conf champs then seed 1-64. 1 seed gets the 1 closest to their home then second 1 seed 3rd 1 seed and 4th etc etc etc. Have an actual seeding show for teams to build the excitement and let’s go. But you could take that same format for East and then west 1-32.

BUT this is much improved over what we had a few years ago so it is what it is. Roll the ball out and let’s play

Reactions: KW23
Cherokee is good but they haven’t been challenged all year except for Choctaw. I think it will hurt starting in Rd 3. Rumor has it the coach has been out and about bragging about beating teams as bad as they could claiming the title was theirs already. I read something the other day regarding them beating little Nantahala by 100 pts. It was built up to be a big deal but people around here know better. 119-18 was the final score.

Cherokee round 3 will be a piece of cake... Round 4 vs bishop or north rowan is what im worried about. They did beat a 9 seed 4a school Mount Tabor by 30 points and one of Cherokees best players was out hurt that game.. So that was a good win. Im not a fan of the coach she gets outcoached when playing good teams in later rounds IMO...Cherokee has had enough talent to have won a ring in basketball in the past I hope they get it done this year. Go Braves!

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Cherokee is a good team nothing wrong with being confident in your group. The question at this time of year is if you haven’t been challenged what will be the response of your team in the second half when your group faces adversity.

One thing for certain Albemarle Mountain heritage north Rowan bishop and UA are battle tested.

Reactions: BlackCat93
Big difference in confidence and arrogance. The first team they play that can handle the ball will give them a game and possibly win. Next couple of years will be different though. When the freshman big girl figures it all out, look out!

Big difference in confidence and arrogance. The first team they play that can handle the ball will give them a game and possibly win. Next couple of years will be different though. When the freshman big girl figures it all out, look out!
Will say this regarding the freshman. The talent at the 8-9 grade levels on the girls side is extreme. I have seen some talent coming that is awesome for the girls side and watching these young ladies grow will be fun to watch

Cherokee is a good team nothing wrong with being confident in your group. The question at this time of year is if you haven’t been challenged what will be the response of your team in the second half when your group faces adversity.

One thing for certain Albemarle Mountain heritage north Rowan bishop and UA are battle tested.
I agree albemarle north rowan and bishop has been battle tested... Dont agree mountain heritage and union academy has. UA has played albemarle and porter ridge... That's equivalent to Cherokees Choctaw and mount tabor.... And mountains heritage has played watauga and rosman. Im not a believer in mountain heritage being elite. Hope rosman upsets them tonight. I saw the first half of their game vs a bad Mitchell game on nfhs and I kept thinking this is the number 1 seed in the west? They turned it on in 2ND half and I guess everyone can have a bad half but they definitely didn't look like a 1 seed that night. I was hoping albemarle RPI would have passed Cherokees so the braves could play heritage in 4TH instead of bishop/north rowan winner.

I don’t see N Rowan or Bishop having trouble in the second round.
N Rowan has a good team, however, I don’t think N Rowan is disciplined enough to beat Bishop. Just my opinion.
But until then, let’s play the 2nd round!

2nd rounds over before it starts like 1st round... With UA albemarle being exception

Congrats bulldog.... When UA's best player went down with sprained ankle in the 4th I knew it was over..Difference in ballgame was y'all have a true point guard an UA didn't. UA acted like they didn't know how to dribble in the 1st quarter took them awhile to figure out the press they had seen 3 times already. Im also surprised UA's starting player that wore goggles didn't get more playing time.. She deserved more than at least one player who played most of the game I observed that seemed to be a turnover machine.. Crazy refs tonight... Albemarle girl falls down at halfcourt in 2nd half which is usually a travel...But refs stops play and lets albemarle take the ball side out with no explanation. Ref ejects a guy with 2 min left... I wasn't far from him and I didn't hear him say anything. Same ref gave a technical foul to UA for saying "I got all ball". You could call a tech on every foul call BC players/coaches always argue... I didn't think "I got all ball" was tech worthy IMO. Also some of those picks albemarle was setting at the game was unnecessarily rough imo im surprised no fouls was called on any of them. Albemarle was hands down the better team. UA needs to get a point guard in the next lottery they have. Funny how y'all get an easier 3RD round game then 2ND... Best of luck the rest of the way... Y'all should blow out east Wilkes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I agree. I watched the majority of the 1st half and wasn’t impressed with UA this time.
I watched the first quarter of Bishop, in which they didn’t look as strong, but waiting for someone to still challenge them in the playoffs.
E Wilkes had a huge win today but I don’t think they can compete with Alb.

Watched East Wilkes tonight completely dismantle Highland Tech. Not that I expected the game to be close but wasnt expecting to see such a complete effort from East Wilkes. They have adequate size and several ball handlers that all have 3pt range. I could see them being a tough out going forward. They play fast and with lots of intensity.

Chatham Charter lost last night so there will be a new team representing the east this year. My guess would be Falls Lake who has Emerson Thompson that signed with Campbell. She played AAU with Sarah Strong for a few years. Haven’t seen them play this year but would assume they can’t hang with the west.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
My 3rd round picks:
Mtn Heritage over H Dam by 25
Alb over E Wilkes by 10
Cherokee over TJ by 25
Bishop over NRowan by 8

Mtn Heritage by 20
Albemarle by 20
Cherokee by 45
North Rowan by 4

Does North Rowan give Cherokee what would be there 12th home game in a row... Or does Bishop win and we are all left wondering where the game will be played at? Was played in Greensboro last year

Mtn Heritage by 20
Albemarle by 20
Cherokee by 45
North Rowan by 4

Does North Rowan give Cherokee what would be there 12th home game in a row... Or does Bishop win and we are all left wondering where the game will be played at? Was played in Greensboro last year
That bishop and north Rowan game is going to be a 3pt shootout. I’m predicting 50-60 3’s put up total between both teams lol. Hot team wins

Mtn Heritage by 20
Albemarle by 20
Cherokee by 45
North Rowan by 4

Seen on fb bishop already contacted SW Guilford about using their gym if they both make it

Hopefully they contacted them for no reason... Rather see the braves at home. Although it will be funny to see braves fans fill up the entire visitors side plus half the home side hours early before the game while the country club bishop parents pull up 5 min before gametime. I will be a big north rowan and Murphy fan on tuesday

Last edited:
Definitely no sweater vest for me and i'm always early as my boys play. But im sure murphy fans will come again (all 10 of them) with their boots and bolo ties on.

I knew that would get a rise out of you cimsies lol

I doubt many Murphy fans come either. Or north rowan for that matter

Reactions: cimsies
Hopefully they contacted them for no reason... Rather see the braves at home. Although it will be funny to see braves fans fill up the entire visitors side plus half the home side hours early before the game while the country club bishop parents pull up 5 min before gametime. I will be a big north rowan and Murphy fan on tuesday
119 with a running clock….you must be so proud…

I am. Just make sure your tee time is over in time to make it to game on tuesday... North rowan is no slouch.

Reactions: uk-te-na
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT