ADVERTISEMENT

1A West next year?

No one 600 or over should ever be in 1A plain and simple
I just can’t even comprehend how many schools and how big the are in NC! In West Virginia we have 3 classes. Single A the small schools I think they cut off around 400? Double AA The middle sized schools who cut off around 700 maybe? and Triple AAA are the large high schools. I think our largest schools might only be 2,000 and those are over in the eastern panhandle close to Washington DC, VA and MD.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I just can’t even comprehend how many schools and how big the are in NC! In West Virginia we have 3 classes. Single A the small schools I think they cut off around 400? Double AA The middle sized schools who cut off around 700 maybe? and Triple AAA are the large high schools. I think our largest schools might only be 2,000 and those are over in the eastern panhandle close to Washington DC, VA and MD.
They need to go to 6A in North Carolina..... Period.......

Only way an East Surry downward move would work is if the state would allow Ashe County to move back down from 3A to 2A so they could fill East's spot in the Foothills so we all don't have to drop a non conference game. But I don't think Ashe is doing it so it doesn't really serve a purpose. I see it happening in 2025 though.

Chase as a 1A especially this year's team woulda been super fun to watch in 1A with their size.

NC needs 6 classes in Football like TN make the cut off for 1a around 400 to 450. You don’t have to have 6 classes for all sports either. Here is TN classification sizes for 2023 to 2025 for Football and other sports for an example. No need for 64 team playoff. 32 would be enough with 6 classes. 16 in the East 16 in the West.

So your school of 300 some having to play a school with 600 isn't fair but Weddington with around 1700 having to play Hough with 2600 is? There are 4A schools well over 3000 and several in the 1600 range.

1A isn't nearly as problematic as 4A imo.
Wow really?
So you think 300 vs 600 is the same as 1,700 vs 2,000?
Wow!

Dude you just blew my mind. You can't be serious. 4a is much less problematic than 1a.

Wow!!!

So you think 300 is 300? 😆

Percentage really helps people. You should try it.

300/600 is 100% increase
2,000/4,000 is 100% increase
1,700/2,000 17% increase.

Percentages helps

Last edited:
Size only matters when the smaller team loses....it never ever matters when they win. Respect and props goes to the smaller team for competing and winning the way they do...but it's much better when they keep that same energy when they lose. I never thought Andrews supporters would've acted that way with a loss to Draughn. I was suprised. They did amazing with 200 kids. It is to be super commended.

[/QUOTE]
Now the Republics won a lot of seats and they want enrollment only back so they could push to go back before the realignment in 2 years

I'm still waiting on you to explain this since you want to be a good scholar this morning.

Wow!!!

So you think 300 is 300? 😆

Percentage really helps people. You should try it.

300/600 is 100% increase
2,000/4,000 is 100% increase
1,700/2,000 17% increase.

Percentages helps

Yes 300=300. Sometimes 300 more kids makes a difference. Sometimes it doesn't. Numbers don't translate to success or advantage always.

Realignment has been an ongoing issue forever. It is a complicated process with so many factors. I agree adding another A to 5A may help but there will always be the differences for the cutoff teams in ADM. The schools a little too big for one division are still going to be way to small for another. Example, the previous alignment Thomasville was in a 2A conference with five other schools that were 350-500 kids bigger.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Size only matters when the smaller team loses....it never ever matters when they win. Respect and props goes to the smaller team for competing and winning the way they do...but it's much better when they keep that same energy when they lose. I never thought Andrews supporters would've acted that way with a loss to Draughn. I was suprised. They amazing with 200 kids. It is to be super commended.
Don’t blame Andrews supporters because basically it’s only me and a couple of others mainly me. You can stop with the childish shame game it doesn’t work. I’ve seen about every fan on here at some point and time complaining or crying or making excuses so stop with the BS. I’ve been on here about 9 years so I know which ones you are. I will be watching you all and trust me I will call you out since that’s what you are doing. Hypocrites !

Here is where i was able to find current adm numbers

what I can say is extra 300 kids in 1a makes a lot more difference than in 4a simply because of the talent pool that already exists in 4a. In 1a if you only have 300 like Andrew’s then nearly every able bodied boy in the whole school has to play football to field a successful team. In 4a your percentage of students that have to play in order to field a team goes way down. That’s why Andrew’s this year was so remarkable.

Don’t blame Andrews supporters because basically it’s only me and a couple of others mainly me. You can stop with the childish shame game it doesn’t work. I’ve seen about every fan on here at some point and time complaining or crying or making excuses so stop with the BS. I’ve been on here about 9 years so I know which ones you are. I will be watching you all and trust me I will call you out since that’s what you are doing. Hypocrites !
i haven't complained about Andrews being 1A. #JustSaying

Because we are a true 1A not a 2A playing down. #JustSaying
We are also a true 1! by Que's standard. if ya'll had won none of this talk would have even been happening. If ya'll had even kept the game close none of this talk would be happening. Andrews had a really good year and EVERYONE should be proud of all of your achievements

We are also a true 1! by Que's standard. if ya'll had won none of this talk would have even been happening. If ya'll had even kept the game close none of this talk would be happening. Andrews had a really good year and EVERYONE should be proud of all of your achievements
We are super proud and the problem is not with Draughn like I have stated several times but with Que and the NCHSAA. You must be mistaken you should be on the 2A Forum 😂

It would take someone with more information and time than me, but what about this?
1A less than 500
2A 500-999
3A 1,000-1499
4A 1500-1999
5A 2,000 and over

It’s my contention that once you have 2,000 students, depth may be a factor in some sports. But having several hundred more students isn’t as significant as in lower classes. Schedule number of playoff participants according to the number of schools in each class, if necessary.

IMO, the biggest problem I see with the playoffs and classifications is the number of playoff games 1A has to play. To me, that poses the largest safety threat to the kids. And if we all should agree on something, it should be that. The health and safety of the kids.

1A schools with 30 on the roster should not have to play the same amount of playoff games as a 4A team with 75 on the roster. I feel that 5 playoff games (which is where the toughest competition will be) AND the Ship is just too much for 30 kids to physically handle. I mean look at Andrews.

When there was 8 classifications, there were only 4 playoff rounds and then the Ship. Which, in my opinion, is better for the sport. However, Raleigh doesn’t see it as being better for their pocketbook.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT