ADVERTISEMENT

4-0, the West dominance

Slucas14

Nov 22, 2023
Well, this is Shawn with the Grit and Grind, and I have to say that I was surprised and impressed by the Western football programs yesterday. I got to see the 3A, 4A, and 2A games live. Had to watch the 1A on tv since I had a prior engagement. These teams did exactly what their fan base told me they could do. I can’t wait for next season to start making some trips out West to see some of these teams.

Reactions: daletec and gdawg74
Well, this is Shawn with the Grit and Grind, and I have to say that I was surprised and impressed by the Western football programs yesterday. I got to see the 3A, 4A, and 2A games live. Had to watch the 1A on tv since I had a prior engagement. These teams did exactly what their fan base told me they could do. I can’t wait for next season to start making some trips out West to see some of these teams.
You said that last year and we invited you several times

You said that last year after the Bears beat the Vikings. This year it is EXPECTED to see you guys in the granite city. Barney still has one bullet, you can take a ride in Andy’s squad car to the game, have the North Carolina state sandwich at snappy lunch ( pork chop sandwich) get your ears lowered at Floyd’s barbershop. But most importantly you can do what most people come here to do, BE A PART OF THE 2024 GRANITE BEAR CHAMPIONSHIP RUN. 3 peat not wanted - BUT EXPECTED

Tell Mt. Airy and any other West team we are coming this upcoming season. If you or anyone up there can put me in contact with their AD Coach or booster club staff, we can make it happen. Even though we have the credentials we like to inform the coach and AD. Just for good measures.

Reidsville and Shelby are great venues. But if you are coming west you have to get out and experience the tradition of the Smokey mountain conference. Swain county and their football hall of fame. Devils should be good, or the oaks in robbinsville. All special places. If you make the granite city rumor has it that Wallace Shelton stadium could become the Greatest show on Turf

Reidsville Mt Airy and Shelby what's the biggest game they play on their schedule?

Agree with the fans above about the Bears and Cards. But really depends on if the Bears drop Ashe and who they add. I don’t see the cards being that stiff of a test next year although it is a rivalry. Reidsville has Eastern Alamance at home next year. That would be the one to see in my opinion. 0 for the rams is the number 1 tight end in his class in the country. Lived up to all the hype yesterday. Deff a must see. Then I hear the Shelby / Crest game is a great rivalry to take in. I’m sure there’s other fans that can chime in as well when it comes to reidsville and shelby

Reactions: thekidd12
I'd like to see Mount Airy and Watauga play over Ashe but I think it would hurt Watauga's RPI since Mount Airy has North Stokes, Elkin, South Stokes, and I assume Surry Central on the schedule which kills the OOWP.

Goes back to the fact of there is no incentive sometimes for big schools to play small schools unless they are from the SMC

Last edited:
I would love to see the Bears venture up the mountain to play Graham in Bluefield VA or possibly Radford. Both are Traditional powers with similar travel distances as Ashe. Similar size schools as well. I think Galax who won the title yesterday in va 1a class is good choice but I believe the series to not be competitive year in and year out. Especially after seeing the scrimmages in wytheville this year. Graham or Radford could be instant classics and both venues are static charged and very challenging environments to play in. Lots of opportunities across the line for the bears to go play in. Not bad travel either.

Last edited:

Fun article about where the Graham G-Men play their home games. Venue second to none. What a great matchup for the Bears. Similar classification, similar driving distance as Ashe. Like I said , lots of cross border hunting opportunities for the bears if pursued

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT