ADVERTISEMENT

1A~2A Western Tournament Champions ( Boys & Girls)

Girl's
End 1st: Surry Central 21 Walkertown 07
Halftime: Forbush 24 West Stokes 15
No Score: Mount Airy 00 Bishop 00 (Getting Started Shortly)

No Score: North Stokes 00 WSPrep 00
No Score: South Stokes 00 East Surry 00

Girl's
Halftime: Surry Central 35 Walkertown 20
End 1st: Wilkes Central 17 Alleghany 12
No Score: North Surry 00 Carver 00 (Just Under Way)

No Score: Mount Airy 00 Bishop 00 (Just Under Way)

Girl's
End 1st: Wilkes Central 17 Alleghany 12
End 1st: Starmount 10 North Wilkes 09
End 1st: Mount Airy 08 Bishop 06
No Score: North Surry 00 Carver 00

Girl's

End 3rd: Forbush 35 West Stokes 15
Halftime: Wilkes Central 29 Alleghany 26
End 1st: North Surry 15 Carver 00
End 1st: West Wilkes 15 Elkin 06

Last edited:
Girl's
End 3rd: Surry Central 50 Walkertown 24

End 3rd: Forbush 35 West Stokes 15
Halftime: Wilkes Central 29 Alleghany 26
End 1st: North Surry 15 Carver 00

Last edited:
Girl's
End 3rd: Mount Airy 24 Bishop 24
End 3rd:
Wilkes Central 39 Alleghany 41
Halftime: North Surry 38 Carver 02
End 3rd: Starmount 26 North Wilkes 45

Final: Surry Central 58 Walkertown 27

Final: Forbush 52 West Stokes 27

Final: South Stokes 17 East Surry 76

Last edited:
Girl's
End 3rd: Starmount 26 North Wilkes 45

Final: Wilkes Central 54 Alleghany 65
Final: Mount Airy 33 Bishop 37
Final: North Surry 60 Carver 11

Girl's

Final: Starmount 34 North Wilkes 56
Final: West Wilkes 60 Elkin 29
Final: Surry Central 59 Walkertown 27

Last edited:
Boy's
End 3rd: East Surry 51 Sauras 28

Halftime: West Stokes 42 Forbush 21
Halftime: Mount Airy 11 Bishop 45 ..
Halftime: Carver 35 North Surry 27
End 1st: Wilkes Central 17 Alleghany 05

Boy's
End 3rd: East Surry 51 Sauras 28

End 1st: Wilkes Central 17 Alleghany 05

End 1st: Starmount 26 North Wilkes 12
End 1st: West Wilkes 19 Elkin 06

Boy's

Halftime: Starmount 34 North Wilkes 21
Halftime Wilkes Central 40 Alleghany 18

Final: East Surry 70 Sauras 46

Girl's

Final: Starmount 34 North Wilkes 56
Final: West Wilkes 60 Elkin 29
Girls
Final: North Stokes over WSPrep . Got no score though

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Boy's

End 3rd: Mount Airy 25 Bishop 64

Final: West Stokes defeats Forbush, No Score Yet

Boy's

Final: Mount Airy 39 Bishop 70 ! !

These were the last updates. Giving it till 10pm and may call it a night.

Boy's
Halftime: West Stokes 42 Forbush 21 -WS Won But No Final Score

End 3rd: Starmount 48 North Wilkes 32
End 3rd: Wilkes Central 49 Alleghany 28

Halftime: West Wilkes 34 Elkin 21

Final: Mount Airy 39 Bishop 70

Boy's
Halftime: West Stokes 42 Forbush 21 -WS Won But No Final Score

End 3rd: West Wilkes 54 Elkin 44

Boy's

Final: Ashe Co. 75 East Wilkes 28

Final: Carver 62 North Surry 77
Final: West Wilkes 71 Elkin 52
Final: West Stokes 69 Forbush 53

Boy's

Final: WSPrep 90 North Stokes 73

Last edited:
Boy's

Final
: East Surry 70 Sauras 46

Final: Walkertown 76 Surry Central 29

Reactions: sbbbfan
Boy's

End 3rd: Starmount 48 North Wilkes 32-
Projected winners are Starmount & Wilkes Central

Final
: East Surry 70 Sauras 46

Final: Walkertown 76 Surry Central 29

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Some games started at 6 pm as did I, looking for scores. I look everywhere on 6 URLs for the scores for 4 & 1/2 hours and got no respect. No comments like the SMC. SMC sticks together with respect. I do so admire them for that. Too much jealousy here to respect what I do...., I am wasting my time and not needed! I got one response from a gloater. I love helping to post the scores but the SMC does it with respect and I was supporting the NWC for years when most on here were in the 4th or 5th grade and if certain teams are not at the top they have their heads stuck in a hole like an ostrich hoping they will go unnoticed. Stop acting like spoiled brats. You have your good years and your bad years. Everyone knows who in the NWC are not posting anything but me. I have always posted win or lose & give credit to the winners, be it my team or not. I am ashamed of several NWC posters and you can tell who is missing their posting on her or not making their own threads. A bunch of spoiled immature brats hiding under a rock ! They know I have in the pasted posted scores till the last NWC, MVC & WPC conference were all out. Had to mainly stick with the NWC this year because I can not multitask as I have in the past. Grow Up and go with the flow ! ! When you support a school all your life and they ignore you because their boys or girls team is having a down year, then it is time to give the boys or girls team no support a face reality whether they can face it or not......No one is better than the other fan. I speak my peace when I am right.....

Last edited:
Reactions: PantherPit07
If you are in the top or bottom you need to keep posting like you have confidence in the upcoming teams so they believe they can and will do better next year. If you ignore them then they lose face and won't trust in the leaders to trust that they will rebound and return to their greatness because they feel their leaders are ashamed of them by not having anything good to say about them. Be their leaders, do not hide on this board that you supported them as winners when they were winning. I am ashamed of what I have seen this year from the usual. Y'all should at least be on here supporting the girls ! ! I am more of a supporter than any of you.

Last edited:
Tell them TD, every team has a down year no reason to run and hide when it happens give the kids hope, and at least let them know your supporting them

Some games started at 6 pm as did I, looking for scores. I look everywhere on 6 URLs for the scores for 4 & 1/2 hours and got no respect. No comments like the SMC. SMC sticks together with respect. I do so admire them for that. Too much jealousy here to respect what I do...., I am wasting my time and not needed! I got one response from a gloater. I love helping to post the scores but the SMC does it with respect and I was supporting the NWC for years when most on here were in the 4th or 5th grade and if certain teams are not at the top they have their heads stuck in a hole like an ostrich hoping they will go unnoticed. Stop acting like spoiled brats. You have your good years and your bad years. Everyone knows who in the NWC are not posting anything but me. I have always posted win or lose & give credit to the winners, be it my team or not. I am ashamed of several NWC posters and you can tell who is missing their posting on her or not making their own threads. A bunch of spoiled immature brats hiding under a rock ! They know I have in the pasted posted scores till the last NWC, MVC & WPC conference were all out. Had to mainly stick with the NWC this year because I can not multitask as I have in the past. Grow Up and go with the flow ! ! When you support a school all your life and they ignore you because their boys or girls team is having a down year, then it is time to give the boys or girls team no support a face reality whether they can face it or not......No one is better than the other fan. I speak my peace when I am right.....
TD - no one got on here and disrespected you in this post. There are many folks who are thankful that you gather the updates, but it's rants like this that get folks agitated with you. Stop to think for a second before you start calling people spoiled brats just because scores were not posted quickly on twitter or Maxpreps, allowing you to re-post them quickly on here. I don't know what kept folks from updating the scores - maybe the people who normally post scores had something family related that prevented them from attending their HS game. Maybe there was reception issues (ex - North Stokes). Maybe they were enjoying the HS game rather than posting after each quarter. Maybe folks stayed home to watch the Duke/Louisville game. Whatever the reason, I promise you no one is saying and thinking, "I'm not going to post scores tonight just to stick it to TD-FridayNight." Stop being narcissistic and focusing on how many people thank you or like your posts. Relax brother, it's not worth getting so worked up. It's a lot of work, it IS appreciated.

Reactions: KW23
Nothing coming on the boys like the Girls. Seems to be more interest in the Girls this year. Twitter died.

You asked for scores, I posted the halftime score of the game I was following, including the fact that Mt. Airy got outscored 29-0 in the second quarter (never thought I'd see a Bear team have a quarter like that), you get all pissey about me posting the score that you wanted posted....like sands through the hourglass....

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
TD I appreciate the scores but the patting yourself on the back , hearing about what time u have to start and how hard u work, is really getting old man.

TD - no one got on here and disrespected you in this post. There are many folks who are thankful that you gather the updates, but it's rants like this that get folks agitated with you. Stop to think for a second before you start calling people spoiled brats just because scores were not posted quickly on twitter or Maxpreps, allowing you to re-post them quickly on here. I don't know what kept folks from updating the scores - maybe the people who normally post scores had something family related that prevented them from attending their HS game. Maybe there was reception issues (ex - North Stokes). Maybe they were enjoying the HS game rather than posting after each quarter. Maybe folks stayed home to watch the Duke/Louisville game. Whatever the reason, I promise you no one is saying and thinking, "I'm not going to post scores tonight just to stick it to TD-FridayNight." Stop being narcissistic and focusing on how many people thank you or like your posts. Relax brother, it's not worth getting so worked up. It's a lot of work, it IS appreciated.
My main point was the lack of support any of the area teams are getting. from their supporter that on here regularly when certain teams are at the top. I see more talk from on other conferences mostly about East Surry & Mount Airy girls and none from local posters. Usually, other thread going about these schools. My complaint was not about no one posting scores on this thread, I just wasn't finding them on the 4 & 5 locations I have up and running on my computer and the boys are always so slow coming in. I guess I just overstated my feelings at the time just like I see others do at times . My apologies, basketball has never been covered like football on here and I just try to get others involved. Have a good day.

Reactions: NWWatchdog and KW23
I look at it this way. If I am at the game I am involved in watching the game instead of posting regular updates. I am just not that quick. Old age. Just do one thing at a time. I do check your scores when there is a break. You are dependable

You asked for scores, I posted the halftime score of the game I was following, including the fact that Mt. Airy got outscored 29-0 in the second quarter (never thought I'd see a Bear team have a quarter like that), you get all pissey about me posting the score that you wanted posted....like sands through the hourglass....
No problem, I missed that halftime score on the radio while looking for other scores . I was also ill on how poorly they were playing and the lack of support any of the NWC and other area teams are getting this year. Happy to see anyone join in and help out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT