ADVERTISEMENT

1A~2A Western Tournament Champions ( Boys & Girls)

Probably no problem getting games 1 & 2 but no promises on #3 unless South Stokes posts it on Twitter which I dought if losing badly & WSPrep never posts anytime or anywhere. Also I will post other scores I run across but will not be searching as I have been doing. It is to confuse and I get scores wrong trying to find and post them all.

1. North Stokes @ Mount Airy
  2. Bishop @ East Surry
  3. WSPrep @ South Stokes

Probably no problem getting games 1 & 2 but no promises on #3 unless South Stokes posts it on Twitter which I dought if losing badly & WSPrep never posts anytime or anywhere. Also I will post other scores I run across but will not be searching as I have been doing. It is to confuse and I get scores wrong trying to find and post them all.

1. North Stokes @ Mount Airy
  2. Bishop @ East Surry
  3. WSPrep @ South Stokes
The main problem I am seeing is if the person posting the scores on Twitter or elsewhere is with the losing team, they stop posting scores if they get behind or start losing big they stop posting scores. I have always posted the team I follower whether they are winning by 3 or 20 or losing by 3 or 20. It takes a sorer loser to stop posting if your team is losing and you should not even start it if you are ashamed to follower through. Man up ! ! If you want to post scores anywhere when winning by a few or blowing someone out then do the same if losing and stop hiding if losing. That is being petty and showing sham for your team .

Last edited:
Girls
Final: North Stokes 13 Mount Airy 39
Final: Bishop 26 East Surry 44
No Score: WSPrep 00 South Stokes 00

Final: Starmount 35 North Wilkes 38

Last edited:
Girls
Final: North Stokes 19 Mount Airy 50
Late 4th: Bishop 36 East Surry 53

Final: Starmount 35 North Wilkes 38 (MVC)

Last edited:
Girls
Final: North Stokes 19 Mount Airy 50
Final: Bishop 40 East Surry 57
Final: Starmount 35 North Wilkes 38 ( MVC )
Final: Wilkes Central 57 Alleghany 55 (MVC)

Last edited:
Boys

I would say WSPrep won big in this game by whatever they wanted.
WSPrep don't post scores not wanting to brag with their ability to reload every year & South Stokes only posts if they win. The score will come between now and morning for MaxPrep.

Bishop had no answer for Boaz from East. He dominated them on both ends of the floor tonight.

MA made a valiant effort to come back in second half to take the lead but a couple of late turnovers spoiled the senior night. Alex Hall with 8 three pointers in the game.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Great game at Mount Airy tonight. Both teams playing with a lot of heart. North Stokes is tough to finish off. They never quit and hit some huge baskets in final 40 seconds. With East Surry beating Bishop tonight sets up a huge game in Danbury on tuTuesd night between East Surry and North Stokes boys varsity. Looking for another packed house at North on Tuesday night for a huge Northwest Conference game for both teams.

MVC
Girls: West Wilkes 54 Elkin 33
Girls: Ashe Co. 50 East Wilkes 29
Boys: Ashe Co. 51 East Wilkes 43

Boys: West Wilkes 55 Elkin 48
Boys: Wilkes Central 59 Alleghany 37

If I stop posting scores it will be because the NCHSAA have lost their minds and favor open enrollment, private and charter schools over public schools. It is a farce and no schools likes the favoritism they are giving these advantaged schools ! ! ! I must Say It is only the NCHSAA falt and not the advantaged school's falt ! ! ! AS I said Bishop has asked to be put up to 2A and was declined. But no excuse for Forsyth Co, open enrollment schools with a draw of 365,000 population ! ! ! They love our gate they get knowing they don't get good gates. They are ripping the NWC off, plain and simple. Huge County taking from counties way less than 1/3 their size. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF YOU THINK I AM WRONG, BUT ONLY If YOU ARE A LONG TIME PUBLIC SCHOOL. I Know you advantaged schools want to keep your advantage and will speak up to keep your advantage.
Hey Friday. I don't want to start a pissing contest but MA has made a living winning games with players from all over the county in FB and BB. If you look real hard you'll find that 3 of their players this year on the BB team live outside the bear district. All 3 contribute largely to the team....Just saying

Hey Friday. I don't want to start a pissing contest but MA has made a living winning games with players from all over the county in FB and BB. If you look real hard you'll find that 3 of their players this year on the BB team live outside the bear district. All 3 contribute largely to the team....Just saying
Oh my gosh could anyone be so miss informed ? If ! Mount Airy has 3 from outside their district ,they are really hurting the Bears as the Bears are looking to be in last place. Just made a fool of yourself on this post. LOL,LOL,LOL ... Could not let this go...Some will say anything to get attention, LOL again..All there are Legal..so try again JOKER ! I have nothing else but the post below to say..............
JOKER
200_d.gif
JOKER​

Last edited:
Oh my gosh could anyone be so miss informed ? If ! Mount Airy has 3 from outside their district ,they are really hurting the Bears as the Bears are looking to be in last place. Just made a fool of yourself on this post. LOL,LOL,LOL ... Could not let this go...Some will say anything to get attention, LOL again..All there are Legal..so try again JOKER ! I have nothing else but the post below to say..............
JOKER
200_d.gif
JOKER​
Here you go with the name calling. Fool and a Joker.... Coming from a guy that bounces from one site to another every time his feelings get hurt. I didn't say they wasn't legal cause all three where released. But they still live outside the MA district and if they wasn't on MA's team they would also be last in the state not just in conference.

Huge game in Danbury Tuesday night between East Surry and North Stokes boys. East Surry with 3 losses in the conference and North Stokes with 2. Should be a great atmosphere in the gym at North Stokes on Tuesday night. Looking for a closer game, depends on how East Surry big men play.

Huge game in Danbury Tuesday night between East Surry and North Stokes boys. East Surry with 3 losses in the conference and North Stokes with 2. Should be a great atmosphere in the gym at North Stokes on Tuesday night. Looking for a closer game depends on how East Surry big men play.
Good luck to North Stokes, Y'all are due to have a good run in the conference and the playoffs !

NWC Girl's & Boy's Games, Tuesday Night

Mount Airy @ WSPrep
Bishop @ South Stokes
East Surry @ North Stokes...No Cellphone Signal = Late Score

North Stokes...No Cellphone Signal = Late Score

Last edited:
Boys

WSPrep don't post scores not wanting to brag with their ability to reload every year & South Stokes only posts if they win. The score will come between now and morning for MaxPrep.

There have only been two posts on SS Twitter about who won a basketball game this year. One was a buzzer beater at North Wilkes for a win and the other was a loss at home. So do your research before you post your nonsense.

Boys

I guess Prep only wanted to win by 10 in this one. You definitely don’t do your research.....but you definitely like to run your mouth about things you have no clue about.

WC boys are 16-3 / 11-0 in conference and they take on a Starmount at home today who is 15-3 with only one loss in conference, against WC. Biggest game of the year in the Mvc in what looks to be the only competitive teams in the conference.

There have only been two posts on SS Twitter about who won a basketball game this year. One was a buzzer beater at North Wilkes for a win and the other was a loss at home. So do your research before you post your nonsense.
Very good ! Thank you very much and hope one of you 3 can do better. :D .

Last edited:
Due to the post above, there will be no scores tonight and maybe the rest of the season. Seems I can not find enough scores for one and his two likes.Sorry to everyone else but I do my best and won't be accused of not trying my best. Basketball with both boys and girls game going on 2 and 3 nights a week just don't have the people posting scores like football. maybe cellphone service doesn't get out of all gyms like outside football stadiums. I will not waste my time only to be disrespected for posting scores in one place for others to see. Maybe the person above will start at 6:30 and go to 9:30 pm or 10 o'clock or later looking for these Girls & Boys scores. It was 11;35 Friday night before I finally got the Boys: WSPrep vs South Stokes score and Sportsnut17 found the girls score the next days in the WSJ newspaper......

Last edited:
I will post the score from North Stokes. East Surry 69 North Stokes 66. Biggest lead of game was 7. Half time 31 to 30 North Stokes. Second Half back and fourth. Boaz had about 40. Vikings fought hard just came up a little short. No losers tonight in Danbury. Both teams gave it all. Must win for North on Friday night against Bishop. Still a lot of basketball left to be played in the Northwest Conference.

I will post the score from North Stokes. East Surry 69 North Stokes 66. Biggest lead of game was 7. Half time 31 to 30 North Stokes. Second Half back and fourth. Boaz had about 40. Vikings fought hard just came up a little short. No losers tonight in Danbury. Both teams gave it all. Must win for North on Friday night against Bishop. Still a lot of basketball left to be played in the Northwest Conference.
Best 1A Boys Conference in the West (maybe the state). No off nights and every team is capable of winning each night.

Boys
Final: Bishop 58 South Stokes 56
Final: Mount Airy 59 WSPrep 86
Final: Wilkes Central 61 Starmount 35
Final: West Stokes 54 North Surry 46
Final: East Surry 69 North Stokes 66

Girls
Final: Bishop 64 South Stokes 27
Final: Mount Airy 55 WSPrep 35
Final: Wilkes Central 72 Starmount 34
Final: West Stokes 51 North Surry 52