ADVERTISEMENT

1A/1AA scores (post scoring updates here!)

Mount Airy ( 49 ) East Surry ( 6 ) Final
Bessemer City ( 12 ) Whiteville ( 13 ) 2 minutes to go
East Montgomery (42) Walkertown (14) This is the same score Mt.Airy beat Walkertown By
Hendersonville (73) Surry Central (21)
Murphy (42) WSPrep (12)
Swain ( 42 ) West Montgomery (70)
Mountain Island Charter ( 47) Thomas Jefferson (33) with 10 minutes left in 4th quarter.

Bessemer City ( 12 ) Whiteville ( 13 ) Final
East Montgomery (49) Walkertown (14) This is the same score Mt.Airy beat Walkertown By
Hendersonville (73) Surry Central (28)Mount Airy ( 49 ) East Surry ( 6 ) Final
Murphy (42) WSPrep (12)
Swain ( 42 ) West Montgomery (70)Final
Mountain Island Charter ( 47) Thomas Jefferson (33) with 10 minutes left in 4th quarter.

Last edited:
East Montgomery (49) Walkertown (14) Final
Hendersonville (73) Surry Central (28)Final
Murphy (42) WSPrep (18) 2 minutes to go

Last edited:
East Montgomery (49) Walkertown (14) Final
Hendersonville (73) Surry Central (28)Final
Murphy (42) WSPrep (18)Final

Last edited:
Congrats to WM. Mr. Leake had an outstanding night. I can't remember the last time anybody put up 70 points on the Devils. Good luck the rest of the way.

All Finals
Mount Airy ( 49 ) East Surry ( 6 )
Bessemer City ( 12 ) Whiteville ( 13 )
East Montgomery (49) Walkertown (14)
Hendersonville (73) Surry Central (28)
Murphy (42) WSPrep (18)
Swain ( 42 ) West Montgomery (70)
Mountain Island Charter ( 54) Thomas Jefferson (40)

Last edited:
Next Week
Whitesville
@ Mount Airy
East Montgomery @ Wast Montgomery
Mountain Island Charter @ Murphy
Cherokee @ Mitchell

Last edited:
Hats off to Swain. Very much expected that they would come down and play one helluva game especially in offense.

Thank you Swain for smacking us in the mouth, particularly in that first half. I don't care what their record is they don't quit. Well done.

Reactions: Warrior'77
Congrats to WM. Mr. Leake had an outstanding night. I can't remember the last time anybody put up 70 points on the Devils. Good luck the rest of the way.

Not sure what the final stats were but I'm fairly certain Leake was pushing the single game rushing record at WM and that's saying a hell of a lot. Hats off to Swain and the veer offense.

Takeaways from the game. When these two play there is no love lost. They were friendly and classy after the game but to say that the game was played cleanly by either team would be a stretch. Familiarity breeds contempt. It's there. West's coaching staff adjusted at the half and I honestly believe Swain got outcoached the second half. West's defense made the right moves and Swain stuck to the same plays. Swain got a few good spots which led to TDs and West's defense got away with two or three possible pass interference penalties. But, the officiating was subpar by a mile considering it's a playoff game. I'll give to the HC from Swain, he will work a crew to no ends. Safe travels back and I'm sure we will see y'all again next year. Come back next Friday. Not sure y'all have had any buzzard meat in quite some time. Hell, we still have left overs from a few weeks ago!!

Slow down BDharris, I expect a much better game next week. I hope our Warriors don't overlook the buzzards because of our game earlier... I feel confident Eddins and Co. will make sure they don't.

BD
I will type the better team won because I do look at the scoreboard and that is what matters. As far as the drive you mentioned with penalties the 2 unsportsmanlike and very obvious tackles out of bounds. The penalties were 15-11 so you won that to. West scored 1 offensive TD and still found a way to win. Congrats on that. Hats off to East coaching staff for the adjustments that were made because not only did they work they put us in a position to win the un winnable game according to you. Unlike you in that warrior circa 1980 coma against the Eagles lots of us will root for West going forward.

I count the days until we are one HS and you have to resort to picking on the middle school and calling them names and repeating history lessons that are exactly that history.

I'll say it again loud and proud congrats both teams and go win the state West.....

You guys are on last weeks score board talking about this weeks games. Some may miss your post as it drops down the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swain97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT