ADVERTISEMENT

#19 Mt Tabor at #3 Mooresville

I made of up of mind and going for it in my picks. Mooresville pulls this out in a close one. Should Mooresville win it I will be there to see them vs Butler in 3rd rd. Should they lose I thinking of seeing a possible Salisbury vs Shelby matchup in 3rd rd. But if Maiden wins over Salisbury then I will evaluate who to see.
I am disappointed. I was sure you were coming to Mt Airy this weekend for Mt Airy and Mitchell County and my world famous chicken stew and tailgating!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I am disappointed. I was sure you were coming to Mt Airy this weekend for Mt Airy and Mitchell County and my world famous chicken stew and tailgating!
Oh ok. Sorry I will have to work this Friday. So want be able to make any 2nd rd games. But was planning on catching Mt Airy before the State Championship game. I definitely want to see them play in live action.I know I will miss out on some good chicken stew

I always wanted to see these 2 programs meet in the playoffs since 2009 when Mooresville moved up to 4A. I believe MT Tabor would win most of these battles vs Mooresville, but this year it could be a toss up. For Mooresville to win this game, it will have to be their defense to make big plays and create turnovers. We will see what happens.

Curious who y’all think rain favors here? Seems like there’s a pretty good chance of it Friday evening around here

We never know. But we could see Mt Tabor at West Forsyth the following week. Anyway as for the rain goes. It could have an effect on the teams and how they play,

Also looking at the weather on my phone looks like rain is showing 60% for Saturday and Sunday. But I know that can change.

I like Mt Tabor by 14pts…. This team lost to East Forsyth with no time left on a 29yd Hail Mary. The two games vs West Forsyth and RJR happened because both WR’s missed those games. The depth is not an issue in this cool weather. The fact that they are hammering everybody the last 5 games does matter. It could get get ugly in Mooresville

Tabors run game is flying under the radar with a big Oline and RB Leon Thompson who’s had a great year.

That RB was getting some tough runs against Grimsley. He's tough as nails.

I thought on this game about all day long. More I think about it I’m just not comfortable with my picks on this one. Change my mind and going with Mt Tabor. If Mooresville wins it wouldn’t surprise me. And more power to them if they do. I will say this will be a game to see.

Mt Tabor is a dangerous team I don’t feel comfortable with this draw and the way we played last week - It could get ugly if we do that again

This is the game where the perception of our program starts to change if we win. Until we play and beat a team like this, nobody will take us all that serious as a program (tbh I think I like it like that lol).

If we win… we earn some legitimacy. If we lose… it’s more of the same “one and done, can’t beat the good teams, etc”

This is the game where the perception of our program starts to change if we win. Until we play and beat a team like this, nobody will take us all that serious as a program (tbh I think I like it like that lol).

If we win… we earn some legitimacy. If we lose… it’s more of the same “one and done, can’t beat the good teams, etc”
They lost to 2-8 RJ Reynolds and lost to 10-1 East Forsyth by 1. I guess it comes down to which team shows up.

In all honesty this game has me scratching my head as to who will win it. It’s going to depend on what team shows up. If both teams shows up this is where I have it as a tossup. I can see this as a very good game.

Mount Tabor is good. Mooresville is better. Mount tabor is the underdog in this game. Grimsley wore Tabor down in the 2nd half in the first game of the season. Against West Forsyth they had too many turnovers, pick 6 etc. They also had two TDs called back for questionable holding calls on the perimeter. Reynolds just punked Tabor. First time Reynolds has beat Tabor since 2009. That was a neighborhood game that Tabor probably thought they could just show up and win. lost on a last sec FG. Against East Forsyth, if they don't go out abounds on the last drive, time runs out and Tabor wins.

All that said, Mooresville is actually playing a team that should be 9-2, which would mean they should have an easier opponent. Nevertheless, I've watched some highlights of Mooresville on maxpreps and they are freakin good. This will be the best team Tabor has played with exception of Grimsley. And they may be better than Grimsley. The problem they will face is a team that believes they can win. On offense, Mooresville could try to shut down #4 and #5, the two WR. But then, at the same time, what do you do with 6 and 11, or 8 and 15 or 21. All of these players have scored scored multiple TDs. Then you got #3 and the run game that can control the clock. Tabor is very balanced. The defense is playing like they can bend but won't break right now.

It is unfortunate for both teams that they face in the second round. This seems like it should be a 4th round or regional final game. I would not put money on this game but I feel like Mooresville probably has the edge here.

Mount Tabor ALWAYS travels. Especially in the playoffs. They will bring a big crowd to Iredell County Friday. Will be a great atmosphere. As far as the game you have two really good defenses and two teams who like to rush the football. Evenly matched teams for the most part. I think Peterkin & Blair on the perimeter gives the Spartans a little more firepower. I got…

Tabor 27
Mooresville 25

I like Mt Tabor by 14pts…. This team lost to East Forsyth with no time left on a 29yd Hail Mary. The two games vs West Forsyth and RJR happened because both WR’s missed those games. The depth is not an issue in this cool weather. The fact that they are hammering everybody the last 5 games does matter. It could get get ugly in Mooresville

Tabors run game is flying under the radar with a big Oline and RB Leon Thompson who’s had a great year.
Looking at NFHS network both WR's played against RJR. What Wr's missed that game? I do agree depth won't be a factor in this matchup.

I know Page knocked 3 kids out of the game against Tabor. Not sure how serious the injuries were. I know around that time in the season, they were starting to pile up for them.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
Simmons has Mooresville by 11pts... I think this will be wrong/maybe way off.

Keys of the Game

Mt Tabor
Must get RUN game going
Contain QB of Mooresville

Mooresville:
Set tone early
Defense must slow Tabor down

The 12 year curse continues- Mooresville falls to Tabor 19-14

Referee were flag happy in this one

I thought on this game about all day long. More I think about it I’m just not comfortable with my picks on this one. Change my mind and going with Mt Tabor. If Mooresville wins it wouldn’t surprise me. And more power to them if they do. I will say this will be a game to see.
This is why I like to be able to quote. I called it. Went for Mooresville at 1st but change to Mt Tabor. Knew it was going to be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT