ADVERTISEMENT

#19 Mt Tabor at #3 Mooresville

it was a very entertaining game. i was more impressed with Tabor’s defense than i was with their offense. for Mooresville, too many mistakes/penalties throughout the game. that’s two games in a row where they’ve come out flat. the officiating was laughable at times for both teams. i’m pretty sure that the Tabor fans would agree with that one.

I’m gonna try to post as level headed as I can lol

Congrats to tabor on the win. As gift wrapped as it was. We did not execute when we needed to, and it literally cost us the season.

Our offense- absolute hot garbage. All night long. And really the last 4 weeks.

Defense- absolutely played their asses off and we’re the best unit on that field.

The shocking part was just how much more Physical we were than tabor. They had dudes dropping left right and center. Better hit that weight room hard…. Or Butler is going to body bag you.

Can someone explain to me why the officials left before time was expired on the clock at the end? Not that the play likely makes a difference… but that was some scummy bs.

Now if you were there as a neutral…. You witnessed a hell of a game between two teams that played with a lot of heart. And man what an environment that was…. That was the loudest I’ve heard that place for an entire 4 quarters.

11-1…. Hard to really complain too much with that overall body of work. This team will go down as one of the best in our programs history. We’ll be back

Reactions: OptionFreak
I caught half of the 4th quarter after I left the Butler/West Forsyth game early. It was a physical game, good defensive plays but not much offensively. A lot of flags but I didn’t see a talent disparity that people were talking about. The teams looked evenly matched to me.

Anything can happen in football but from what I saw from Mt Tabor, Butler might roll them worse than West Forsyth.
I meant to say Butler will win big next week. But like you say anything can happen

Last edited:
Congratulations to Mooresville for having one heck of a season. I believe they will really be dangerous team for least next couple years. Congratulations also to Mt Tabor for their win. Best of luck to Mt Tabor rest of the season

Not sure if that is a curse, could be, though, if Mooresville has only been past the 2nd round a few times in school history.
Well haven’t been since 2011 n then prob u gotta go back to maybe like 2004 or so to pick up 2nd round game but I did a research on Mooresville a while back n I believe we only been to 3rd round a handful of times so

Reactions: PagePirates44
But genuinely if someone has an explanation as to why the refs just dipped with 0.1 left on the clock at the end, I’d love to know it.

Because I’m legit confused about that one
I’m curious if clock operator make a mistake is only conclusion to why it may happened

But genuinely if someone has an explanation as to why the refs just dipped with 0.1 left on the clock at the end, I’d love to know it.

Because I’m legit confused about that one
More or less, a safety thing. I've noticed in the past couple of years, refs sprinting off the field towards the locker rooms after the game and getting the heck outta dodge. It's not in their best interest to stick around with potentially fans/players/coaches protesting after the games. If there was only 0.1 seconds left, they most likely just got outta there early and told the coaches, to just kneel it out and end the game.

Think about them being in a hostile home environment with the home team losing, especially if what you guys said was true with the game seeing a lot of penalties, I'm sure there was some booing towards the refs and what not. This is the reason why there is a shortage of refs these days, and games are played on Thursdays sometimes. The job the refs do is rarely respected.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
More or less, a safety thing. I've noticed in the past couple of years, refs sprinting off the field towards the locker rooms after the game and getting the heck outta dodge. It's not in their best interest to stick around with potentially fans/players/coaches protesting after the games. If there was only 0.1 seconds left, they most likely just got outta there early and told the coaches, to just kneel it out and end the game.

Think about them being in a hostile home environment with the home team losing, especially if what you guys said was true with the game seeing a lot of penalties, I'm sure there was some booing towards the refs and what not. This is the reason why there is a shortage of refs these days, and games are played on Thursdays sometimes. The job the refs do is rarely respected.
Really wasn’t that hostile. Tbh. Sure there was questionable calls, there always is. But I think the majority of us knew we put ourselves in that position. I don’t really recall hardly anyone really getting on the refs case all that much (sideline or stands).

Either way… it wouldn’t have mattered.. our offense was non existent tonight. Especially the first half.

Dug ourselves a hole.. that we actually climbed out of… but just made one mental lapse mid 4th on a fake punt that cost us the season.

This is a game that I would LOVE to see both schools play in the future. Outcome aside, that’s as just a really good damn playoff football game in an incredible environment.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Would love to see these to play regularly when schedules allow it. That was a fun environment to be in

Really wasn’t that hostile. Tbh. Sure there was questionable calls, there always is. But I think the majority of us knew we put ourselves in that position. I don’t really recall hardly anyone really getting on the refs case all that much (sideline or stands).
I'm not saying it was hostile at Mooresville tonight, was just giving an example.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
Simmons has Mooresville by 11pts... I think this will be wrong/maybe way off.
I was right, SIMMONS was 16pts off., as the 4th place CPC team wins after playing a terrible game. Offensively out of sync but secured the win. The most talented team won and they will have to play much better vs Butler.

Tabor was the best team Mooresville played this year. The Mooresville schedule was vanilla and only two teams in that conference had a winning record. Mooresville had 3 gift wrapped wins this year and need to beef up that schedule early in the season. They will know where they stand better if the schedule just one of those powerful Charlotte teams. The Creek, Butler, Chambers, Weddington, Charlotte Catholic, Indy etc… might lose but you will know where you stand. The undefeated record was such a misconception knowing the schedule strength scared nobody.

Tabor’s defense is much better than West Forsyth‘s who pretty much was banged up and played lifeless football. They may lose to Butler but it will be a much more competitive game.

Last edited:
I was right, SIMMONS was 16pts off., as the 4th place CPC team wins after playing a terrible game. Offensively out of sync but secured the win. The most talented team won and they will have to play much better vs Butler.

Tabor was the best team Mooresville played this year. The Mooresville schedule was vanilla and only two teams in that conference had a winning record. Mooresville had 3 gift wrapped wins this year and need to beef up that schedule early in the season. They will know where they stand better if the schedule just one of those powerful Charlotte teams. The Creek, Butler, Chambers Charlotte Catholic, Indy etc… might lose but you will know where they stand. The undefeated record was misconception knowing the schedule strength scared nobody.

Tabor’s defense is much better than West Forsyth‘s who pretty much was banged up and played lifeless football. They may lose to Butler but it will be a much more competitive game.
Last week we were told how talented Tabor was and there was a huge talent gap yet it took a fake punt passing TD to win. That’s not anything to brag about.

That vaunted Tabor defense that gave up 40 to West Forsyth is better than West Forsyth’s defense?

Since Mooeesville moved up to 4A around 2009. I have always wanted to see MT Tabor vs Mooresville match ups going back to 09. I believe MT Tabor would have won most of the match ups. In the 2nd half Mooresville out played Tabor. Tabor offense didn't do much i am sure Mooresville defense had alot to do with it. Tabor only big play on offense was the fake punt for touchdown. As fars a the refs. You can't blame everything on the refs. Good calls and bad calls went both ways for Tabor and Mooresville. Other than that it was a fun game to watch.

Tabor was the best team Mooresville played this year. The Mooresville schedule was vanilla and only two teams in that conference had a winning record. Mooresville had 3 gift wrapped wins this year and need to beef up that schedule early in the season. They will know where they stand better if the schedule just one of those powerful Charlotte teams. The Creek, Butler, Chambers, Weddington, Charlotte Catholic, Indy etc… might lose but you will know where you stand. The undefeated record was such a misconception knowing the schedule strength scared nobody.
agree 100%

this is the reason i have an issue with the RPI as used for seeding purposes. i’d much rather use Simmons formula. as far as strength of schedule, Mooresville played in the IMECK for 8 years since moving up to 4A, that’s MC, Chambers, and Hough, every year. NOBODY realizes this more than we do, trust me. they even continued to schedule Hough early in the season after realignment until this season when Reagan was added instead. the last good playoff run they had was when they finished 2nd in the IMECK and made it all the way to the Western Regional Final. i absolutely agree that SOS is a major factor once the post season begins.

I’m not sure you can say the better team won, I’d argue the two teams are pretty darn even tbh… but the team that made less mistake sure as hell did win. I’ll give you that

Last edited:
The amount of times we shot ourselves in the foot offensively and had the play behind the chains was mind boggling. And the number of 3rd and a miles that we gave up because of penalties, or just poor discipline/execution… 9 time outta 10 that will lose you a ball game, especially a playoff game where everyone you play is more than capable of beating you.

That being said.. I thought our defense was the best unit on the field. But our offense was by FAR the worst out there. We really could not get anything going consistently… some of it our own doing, but Tabors defense stacked the box and made life tough, especially in the first half and particularly the 2Q.

And weirdly I thought our defense was more physical. I know some of Tabors dudes got pretty banged up last night but gutted through it… some tough nosed kids.

Non-pro tip…. Might wanna try hydrating this week. Never thought I’d see so many cramping issues in the second round of the playoffs lol

As for our schedule… I don’t think playing Davie and Reagan (when we made it) would be considered a cupcake. Davie looked good, Reagan was supposed to be good when we added them (and we only added them because Hough had a scheduling conflict and had to take us off last minute). Yes West Rowan was a cup cake but they’ll never remove that game (as much as I would love to see that one gone). And Providence was decent when we added them.

Conference? Can’t really do much about that. Took AL Brown half the year to get rolling… HR severely under performed to what was expected. Lake Norman was a bit of a revelation, but injuries down the stretch really derailed them. We did scrimmage Grimsley and Hough.

Tell tabor to throw us on the schedule. We would love to see them.. I thought that game was a great example of what playoff football should be… two good programs, and two great fan bases that were super loud all night. I don’t think you’d see any arguments from anyone in Mooresville about playing y’all (Tabor) regularly

Until the latest realignment, Mooresville was in the same conference as Chambers and Hough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT