ADVERTISEMENT

#19 Mt Tabor at #3 Mooresville

Each rd gets tougher. Mooresville definitely will have to bring their A game in this one or it’s basketball season. I do hope Mooresville can pull it out.

Reactions: REWhitley
Gonna need to execute a lot better than we did tonight, that’s for sure. Tabor is the best team we have seen this year, and it’s not particularly close imo.

Someone fill me in on Tabor. This will have been the first time I’ve ever gotten to see them in football live. I don’t keep up with that area too much

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Is he the FSU kid?

About all I know about Tabor is they’re Big Fast and Physical. About sum it up?
Class Of 2025 Snook Peterkin(#5) is 6‘ 3… 4 Star WR leaning to FSU, he had 5 offers as a sophomore last year…Louisville, Tennessee, West Virginia, Miami & FSU… this year he’s been offered by Georgia, Penn State, NC State, UNC, Duke, South Carolina and Maryland.

They have another 4 Star WR/Safety in the Class of 2025 in 6’ 4 JaDon Blair(#4) who has offers from LSU, FSU, West Virginia, Duke, Miami and noteworthy his father played in the NFL.

The QB is Lane Albright, a transfer from RJ Reynolds(We love open enrollment in Forsyth Co.)and he’s been playing lights out in this 5 game winning streak.

Good Luck Mooresville

Last edited:
Grimsley defeated them 30-7 in our season opener. Tough run defense held GHS to their lowest scoring output this year. Not a lot of numbers on their sideline. Mooresville’s depth will prevail in 2nd half.

Grimsley defeated them 30-7 in our season opener. Tough run defense held GHS to their lowest scoring output this year. Not a lot of numbers on their sideline. Mooresville’s depth will prevail in 2nd half.
That makes sense, if Mt Tabor had some injuries that caused them to lose to RJR, it lets me know they weren’t that deep. My gut
says Mooresville will wear them down

I like Mt Tabor by 14pts…. This team lost to East Forsyth with no time left on a 29yd Hail Mary. The two games vs West Forsyth and RJR happened because both WR’s missed those games. The depth is not an issue in this cool weather. The fact that they are hammering everybody the last 5 games does matter. It could get get ugly in Mooresville

Tabors run game is flying under the radar with a big Oline and RB Leon Thompson who’s had a great year.

Well at the Davie game Tabors side was completely full, but they seemingly made no noise whatsoever they just kinda sat there.
Sounds about like our side last night. Pretty disappointing crowd turn out compared to the norm for us.

I like Mt Tabor by 14pts…. This team lost to East Forsyth with no time left on a 29yd Hail Mary. The two games vs West Forsyth and RJR happened because both WR’s missed those games. The depth is not an issue in this cool weather. The fact that they are hammering everybody the last 5 games does matter. It could get get ugly in Mooresville

Tabors run game is flying under the radar with a big Oline and RB Leon Thompson who’s had a great year.
Mooresville better be able to handle Tabor’s physicality

Reactions: CPC4LIFE

We do enjoy the customary underdog role.

With the exception of Davie, the teams Mt Tabor is hammering aren’t really good. If missing WR receivers is the reason they lost to RJR, not sure if that bodes well for Tabor.

With the exception of Davie, the teams Mt Tabor is hammering aren’t really good. If missing WR receivers is the reason they lost to RJR, not sure if that bodes well for Tabor.
I guess Davie was the best team that Mooresville played because it definitely wasn’t Lake Norman who is the only team with a winning record out of that conference. In fact, that’s probably the weakest conference in NC 4A. The 4th place CPC team has played a real schedule and I think everyone will see a big talent disparity On Friday Night.

I guess Davie was the best team that Mooresville played because it definitely wasn’t Lake Norman who is the only team with a winning record out of that conference. In fact, that’s probably the weakest conference in NC 4A. The 4th place CPC team has played a real schedule and I think everyone will see a big talent disparity On Friday Night.
You brought up the fact Tabor had hammered the last several opponents as a reason why they would beat Mooresville. My rebuttal was the opposition wasn’t that great with the exception of Davie who Mooresville already defeated.

I think Tabor is more talented but are obviously not deep. We shall see what happens

Mt. Tabor will get to know AJ Graham. Arguably one of the top dbs in the state. I don't think Mooresville will be fazed by Tabor's size and speed. I think Mooresville will shock alot of people this Friday. Beating a conference rival again, 1st round of the playoffs is not an easy feat. Mooresville by 10

Lol

Tabor will be a tall order...
Anyone this time of year is a tall order. Nobody is here by accident. They’re not gonna under estimate us, just the same that we aren’t gonna underestimate us.

Now, you play teams that all have talent, that all are hungry for more. Getting to the time of year where you find out who is hungrier, and who has put in the work year round.

Mooresville will have to do a better job running the ball - ALB limited our Run game n Our Pass game was very lackluster. The only bright spot was #22 in Eric Heal who got 2 TDs running and #15 in Brodie Norman who ran with his legs but OL needs to do better with protection

Mt Tabor is a team that can pound for pound match our speed n athleticism which we have seen has not gone well and also Mooresville history vs Triad team have not been great so

This one is a toss up for me because Mt Tabor scares me a little bit bc there conference is one of the best , they have talent and they are someone you can’t over look.

I’ll give Mooresville the edge due to being home - Mooresville by 3

So what does Tabor like to do? Based on some highlights…. They seem to LOVE airing it out down field to #4 (presumably that’s their big time WR). But I assume they aren’t an air raid offense?

So what does Tabor like to do? Based on some highlights…. They seem to LOVE airing it out down field to #4 (presumably that’s their big time WR). But I assume they aren’t an air raid offense?
The big time WR is #5. #4 is one of the top safeties in the country they use as another option at wideout but both play both sides. Pretty balanced attack offensively with solid backs in the backfield.

I’m still back n forth on this one but I think it’s going to come down to who shows up and has the best performance. I’m giving it a tossup. I think the score will be decided by 7.

i like the analysis VV ,lol, the team that shows up and has the best
performance will win all 64 games this Friday night is my thought as well.
It’s tru tho it’s on what team shows up , Mooresville played like crap vs ALB so if that team comes n does that again - 2nd round exit but if we have played like we have all year going to be competitive and gives us a chance

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I made of up of mind and going for it in my picks. Mooresville pulls this out in a close one. Should Mooresville win it I will be there to see them vs Butler in 3rd rd. Should they lose I thinking of seeing a possible Salisbury vs Shelby matchup in 3rd rd. But if Maiden wins over Salisbury then I will evaluate who to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT