ADVERTISEMENT

15-0 Hickory vs 15-0 71st 3A State Final

Sheeiitt!…Chopper….their JV team was scary good.

They don’t have room. 😂
We turned down a few this year. No need to come jumping on our bandwagon. The Red Tornadoes got it done. They defeated 3 straight undefeated teams to win the State Championship and like most other teams this time of year our team was beat up and worn out. Coach Natoli called an amazing game, Brady Stober made the right decisions, Lackey just did his normal thing and Coach Glass kept the defense upright to finish off another 16-0 season for Hickory. Yes HHS is now 2-0 in Kenan Stadium. Congratulations to our team and Tornado Nation! It's time for some round ball now.

Last edited:
#34 was a load
Ok now I've got to ask is he a major recruit? What offers does he have at this point. Sure looks imposing out there in the clips I have seen. Maybe it's just the number 34 he wears but he sure reminds me in physique of a freshman Hershel Walker when he burst on the scene at Georgia in 1980.

Last edited:
Man what a great championship game that was!! Exciting until the last play Is it just me or was the announcer’s low key pulling for 71’st ? Now my stream was TERRIBLE and I didn’t get to listen to everything that was said but it seemed like they were always hyping up 71st evertime something good happened and ver little hype for Hickory. I may be wrong but even my son said something about it ( but not in a nice way 😂)

somebody mentioned the kickoffs::that kickoff thing hickory did all night worked great, how the turf reated to the stright over the top rolling ball, kinda like one of them bouncy balls. 71st had trouble with it all night.
assume they knew that from playing on the turf which 71st hadnt done all year and they had most of their games ...

unbias thought here being there last night, did not seem to think 71st got much from the officials last night.. the no pass int across the middle stopping
a drive in the first half and 3 lineman down field penalties (u see those every once in a while) granted hadnt seen replays to analyze more in depth, still dont now exactly what happened on the 2 pt play for 71st..

But all this aside it was a fantastic game to attend, what a great way game wise to end the viewing year for me,, thumbs up.....
congratulations Hickory, wow on that QB

Man what a great championship game that was!! Exciting until the last play Is it just me or was the announcer’s low key pulling for 71’st ? Now my stream was TERRIBLE and I didn’t get to listen to everything that was said but it seemed like they were always hyping up 71st evertime something good happened and ver little hype for Hickory. I may be wrong but even my son said something about it ( but not in a nice way 😂)
I thought the same thing

Watch on “BahakelSports.Com” out of Charlotte

Coach Joe Glass has to get some love! He really has turned the hickory program into a true contender and He and his staff has these kids bought in n believe

What a great season for all at Hickory but issue is for Can Hickory keep Glass from leaving bc we all know Freedom is open

Coach Joe Glass has to get some love! He really has turned the hickory program into a true contender and He and his staff has these kids bought in n believe

What a great season for all at Hickory but issue is for Can Hickory keep Glass from leaving bc we all know Freedom is open
Can't see him leaving what he's got in Hickory. They are loaded at least for the next few years.

We could have had him a few years ago, when we ended up hiring Luke Little. It was the job he wanted, and the fan base wanted him. He was a "Freedom guy", well known and well liked in the community and we all thought the job was his. I am told that the administration sent his name for the job up to the central office. Something happened then that has never been explained and he didn't get the job, only a few people know what stopped it. Now I very much doubt he would come back to Freedom, unless we could make it really worth his while and I don't know of anyone who has such deep pockets.
But if I win tonight's Powerball, Cheerduck and company had better start digging deep.

We could have had him a few years ago, when we ended up hiring Luke Little. It was the job he wanted, and the fan base wanted him. He was a "Freedom guy", well known and well liked in the community and we all thought the job was his. I am told that the administration sent his name for the job up to the central office. Something happened then that has never been explained and he didn't get the job, only a few people know what stopped it. Now I very much doubt he would come back to Freedom, unless we could make it really worth his while and I don't know of anyone who has such deep pockets.
But if I win tonight's Powerball, Cheerduck and company had better start digging deep.
Your school board and double standards will always keep you fellows searching for the right answer. It isn't Glass. I'm told none of the ex Freedom fellows that now coach want anything to do with your program.

You best believe Coach Glass and his assistants will be taken care of here in Hickory. You can't purchase heart and loyalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT