ADVERTISEMENT

15-0 Hickory vs 15-0 71st 3A State Final

Well, I always heard it was in Randolph County? Think near NC Zoo in Asheboro?
Also was taught when I was younger center was in small town of Star in Montgomery County?
Either way would be out in the country and hosting SC games would be problematic…
well you gotta figure chatham and randolph counties are a stones throw from each other...so the exact site could be southern part of randolph.....heck i don't know....but you are right...neither county has requirements to host......I'm old school....I liked it better when they played at the school with the highest seed in the state title game.....much more exciting for the fans....but i guess the college stadium is more exciting for the players......price of admission was certainly cheaper back the old school way.....my Dad who passed years ago would think long and hard about shelling out 15 dollars (plus a fee) for a game ticket...not to mention 15 dollars to park...........He would complain about Greensboro coliseum getting 50 to 75 cents to park back in the old, old days......lol...................

It would be cool if they could rotate the state championships from a west venue to an east venue every other year. There are so many colleges/universities around the state that can handle state championships.

Reactions: daletec
well you gotta figure chatham and randolph counties are a stones throw from each other...so the exact site could be southern part of randolph.....heck i don't know....but you are right...neither county has requirements to host......I'm old school....I liked it better when they played at the school with the highest seed in the state title game.....much more exciting for the fans....but i guess the college stadium is more exciting for the players......price of admission was certainly cheaper back the old school way.....my Dad who passed years ago would think long and hard about shelling out 15 dollars (plus a fee) for a game ticket...not to mention 15 dollars to park...........He would complain about Greensboro coliseum getting 50 to 75 cents to park back in the old, old days......lol...................
And not to mention paying for water!!!
Water is free!!
What the?

Reactions: rambbq
The problem with hosting at a high school was that it wasn’t the higher seed necessarily. They alternated between the east school hosting and the next year the west.
So when Thomasville played Kidd’s ER team in 1983, they hosted as the East representative. A Year earlier or later, it would have been in Thomasville. Home field is too much of an advantage to leave it to the luck of the draw. Especially when several hours of travel are involved.

Reactions: rambbq
It would be cool if they could rotate the state championships from a west venue to an east venue every other year. There are so many colleges/universities around the state that can handle state championships.
Why not play 4a & 3a at UNCCs field and 2a & 1a Memorial Stadium in CHLT. Is somewhat centrally located with lots hotels/restaurants, etc near stadiums and the venues feel like actual HS games when you're there.
Even a smaller Stadium like Wake swallows up even the most fervent HS fanbase.
Charlotte's field holds 18-19k and Memorial Stadium holds 10-11k. Perfect for those class sizes to help make the HS environment present. That's a huge part of HS football and these enormous stadiums take that away.

Why not play 4a & 3a at UNCCs field and 2a & 1a Memorial Stadium in CHLT. Is somewhat centrally located with lots hotels/restaurants, etc near stadiums and the venues feel like actual HS games when you're there.
Charlotte's field holds 18-19k and Memorial Stadium holds 10-11k. Perfect for those class sizes to help make the HS environment present. That's a huge part of HS football and these enormous stadiums take that away.
Charlotte is about to start expansion on their stadium I believe this off season. An upper deck around three sides and a new press box and club seating. Looks really nice and would be a great place for future Championship games. I think seating capacity will be 32,000-36,000 after expansion, not certain on total.

Charlotte would be a great place to host too.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Charlotte would be a great place to host lots of NCHSAA events. But every time it gets brought up, someone who is close to the association will point out that there doesn't seem to be much interest on the part of the city to do so.

If Hickory can't create serious problems for the 71st qb running the ball they will not win. Stopping the run performance of the 71st QB is the key. If they can limit him they will have a good chance. If he has a good game running the ball it will be extremely hard for Hickory to win.
I've watched Hickory for past few weeks...if 71 can't stop Hickory's QB from passing, it'll be a long night for them.

Maybe both happen, and a shootout ensues...

Spot on as many fans were. I heard that HHS wouldn't get by Huss, Why did Huss score so many points. Then they couldn't beat a North Lincoln as they were improved with a superb triple option and it would be hard to defeat a team twice in the same season. The Red Tornadoes really turned some heads with the 61 point explosion over AC Reynolds, a team that hadn't given up a point in 2 playoff wins. Then came West Henderson, another team that had all of the parts to defeat Hickory. Another fine effort by HHS, this time by our defensive unit and the Dudley game definitely was an instant classic.
That's why we play the game! I can't tell you enough about this group of Red Tornadoes. They just have a lot of heart, are smart and well coached. The most respectful group of kids I have known in many years. I'm very proud of them and hope they can pull off one more win to cap off this surprising season.
I know of someone who predicted they would play for the title after defeating East Lincoln.

Be glad when they get these state title games in the middle of the state where they belong.
What more do you want guy? It’s in Chapel Hill what if the three a representative was from the beach?
It’s in a great place a nice stadium You just can’t please everybody
I’m traveling my two hours one way and back home because I am just a fan, this trip is not far at all for the hickory folks. We travel this far for regular season games, quite often.

What more do you want guy? It’s in Chapel Hill what if the three a representative was from the beach?
It’s in a great place a nice stadium You just can’t please everybody
I’m traveling my two hours one way and back home because I am just a fan, this trip is not far at all for the hickory folks. We travel this far for regular season games, quite often.
Just for it to be centralized. Winston, Greensboro, or Charlotte make the most logical sense. Being in Raleigh and Chapel Hill make it a little easier on the NCHSAA folks where they just have to drive 5 miles.

The NCHSAA absolutely should use colleges for East & West Regionals.
Barton in East and Lenoir-Rhyne in West would great. Both are about 8 to 10,000 seats, new and beautiful.

71st running the ball like Dudley should have last friday

Well, I always heard it was in Randolph County? Think near NC Zoo in Asheboro?
Also was taught when I was younger center was in small town of Star in Montgomery County?
Either way would be out in the country and hosting SC games would be problematic…
According to the web site thoughtco.com the geographic center of NC is 79d27.3'w by 35d36.2'n, which they say is 10 miles NW of Sanford. That seems mighty north and east to me, but that's what they say. I would have guessed somewhere between Salisbury and Thomasville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT