ADVERTISEMENT

15-0 Hickory vs 15-0 71st 3A State Final

I'm looking forward to this game. The time and venue is okay with me. We normally play on Friday night and our '96 team won their state championship in this stadium. The down side is the distance to travel to make the game is going to be hard on most of our fans and parents. I'm sure we'll have a good crowd there. It should be a competitive game.

Last edited:
71st plays old school football. They will run it down your throat and hit hard on defense. Never thought that kind of ball would translate well outside of Fayettville, but man was I wrong! Took them a few years to get over that hump, but they finally did it. I think the qb #11 Nance is probably the best qb to come out of Fayetteville since the qb from 2016 Cape Fear’s state runner up team. I don’t know much about Hickory so I won’t comment on them, but if they cannot stop the 71st qb it will be a long night for them.

This is the hardest game for me to pick this week. I know hickory won but Dudley did a lot of dumb stuff to help them along the way Friday night. I know hickory offense is the real deal though they were unstoppable Friday night.

This is the hardest game for me to pick this week. I know hickory won but Dudley did a lot of dumb stuff to help them along the way Friday night. I know hickory offense is the real deal though they were unstoppable Friday night.
West Henderson seemed to have a better defensive game against Hickory than Dudley did. I think the championship will probably be a shootout.

1250 down here in the bottom on nc, our home metv is out of
myrtle beach i think ,, probably not going to be on here ?????????

Last edited:
Reactions: Lincolnton
I’d like to say to the Hickory fan base, I was one of the doubters. I’ve seen Dudley one time each of the past three years. I haven’t seen Hickory in many years. Because Dudley had been there so many times in the last 8 - 10 years I expected they would win last week. The past sometimes is not a very good gage of the future

I’d like to say to the Hickory fan base, I was one of the doubters. I’ve seen Dudley one time each of the past three years. I haven’t seen Hickory in many years. Because Dudley had been there so many times in the last 8 - 10 years I expected they would win last week. The past sometimes is not a very good gage of the future
Spot on as many fans were. I heard that HHS wouldn't get by Huss, Why did Huss score so many points. Then they couldn't beat a North Lincoln as they were improved with a superb triple option and it would be hard to defeat a team twice in the same season. The Red Tornadoes really turned some heads with the 61 point explosion over AC Reynolds, a team that hadn't given up a point in 2 playoff wins. Then came West Henderson, another team that had all of the parts to defeat Hickory. Another fine effort by HHS, this time by our defensive unit and the Dudley game definitely was an instant classic.
That's why we play the game! I can't tell you enough about this group of Red Tornadoes. They just have a lot of heart, are smart and well coached. The most respectful group of kids I have known in many years. I'm very proud of them and hope they can pull off one more win to cap off this surprising season.

Last edited:
If Hickory can't create serious problems for the 71st qb running the ball they will not win. Stopping the run performance of the 71st QB is the key. If they can limit him they will have a good chance. If he has a good game running the ball it will be extremely hard for Hickory to win.

According to most experts...the exact middle of NC is in Chatham County, near Siler City...........
Well, I always heard it was in Randolph County? Think near NC Zoo in Asheboro?
Also was taught when I was younger center was in small town of Star in Montgomery County?
Either way would be out in the country and hosting SC games would be problematic…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT