ADVERTISEMENT

13 -0 vs 13-0 PANTHERS vs PANTHERS Franklin @ Hibriten

Visitors side is concrete small and cold. Can sit on home side hhs has good fans

Now exactky why would hibriten want a wet field considering they hold a huge speed advantage...hell I'll come down and cut the water on for them ...and btw I sure hope Kenny Ford picks Hibriten as he anointed Hendersonville as M6 FAVORITE and said CHAPPELL had built a dynasty at Pisgah...so as I said earlier this year he can KMA
If they wet their field down like they have done in the past then Hibriten gonna run away with this game.....

Zreddevils must be another Newton poster who doesn't like basketball ..maybe Newton and Pisgah could get together and play a consolation game..or a basketball game now that football is OVER for both..i wonder if any kids from smoky and tuscola wanna ride the panther fan bus..i hear smoky wasn't even aware the playoffs had more than one round

Reactions: beamer24
Visitors side is concrete small and cold. Can sit on home side hhs has good fans
Franklin’s visitors side is designed for people 5’2” and shorter, and douche bags driving diesels drove back and forth blowing smoke all over our fans. Would serve them right to have to set on crappy seats.

I
Franklin’s visitors side is designed for people 5’2” and shorter, and douche bags driving diesels drove back and forth blowing smoke all over our fans. Would serve them right to have to set on crappy seats.
I don't argue with you there. Wee got to find a way to get y'all off the road.

Or they could try winning the conference and hosting playoff games..i hear our fan bus may be making a stop in Haywood county on the way in case anyone there still wants to watch football
Let me know where it's stopping.

I guess crappy seats outside will be better than seats in the gym!!! Enjoy the basketball game Friday night!!!!

We play Tuscola Tuesday night. Is Franklin going to send over their basketball team so they can feel victory against Pisgah in case little t wins? Franklin has lost 8 strait to us in basketball. If we win, you may get to see Tuscola’s SRO throw some Pisgah cheerleaders and players around again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bears man
Or they could try winning the conference and hosting playoff games..i hear our fan bus may be making a stop in Haywood county on the way in case anyone there still wants to watch football
You can stop in Canton and pick up the two officials from Friday night. Pretty sure they’re two of your biggest fans.

Take the computer rankings for what it’s worth, for several years Simmons had us rated like we were a GA team, and Maxpreps has had Hibriten ranked ahead of us all year, just to show you how accurate it is, almost guarantee you will be picked to win, and you still will be ranked ahead of us if we win the game,

Oh, I agree it's a "take it for what it's worth" situation -- I just found it interesting in regards to our schedule. Something to point to. It's nothing new. Every year Hibriten has made a deep playoff run, people questioned (when the bracket was announced) if they were legit or not because of their regular season schedule ('03,'09,'10,'16, this year).

Just something to talk about. Long 5 days until kickoff.

Oh, I agree it's a "take it for what it's worth" situation -- I just found it interesting in regards to our schedule. Something to point to. It's nothing new. Every year Hibriten has made a deep playoff run, people questioned (when the bracket was announced) if they were legit or not because of their regular season schedule ('03,'09,'10,'16, this year).

Just something to talk about. Long 5 days until kickoff.

I can promise you that even before the bracket was official Hibriten had Franklin’s fans focus. You guys have had a great year and deserve to be the favorite. We probably get the least amount of 2A respect in the state. That’s ok though we like to think we do more with less than anyone in the state. I honestly don’t know enough about Hibriten to make a prediction on the score. What I will make a prediction on is that there will be snot flying on both sides of the ball come Friday night!

The worst high school football stadium in the United States. You won't find a visitor side more awful than what you're about to see guys. And before someone from Lenoir says something, yes I know we lost there our lone meeting there, but that field is awful, high grass, uneven and the visitors side honest to God is a hazard to be on. They ought to tear that place down and start over
Didnt you say the same thing about the Pit? And NO, Asheville has not been "terrible the last 3 years.....Far from it. They may not have been as dominant as in the past, but they are always competitive, even to the point it is hard to get teams around here to play Asheville. Partly because of poor support (gate) but mostly because they are likely to be unable to match up with even average Asheville teams.

Seriously? So if you theory is correct south which has more students, a higher income producing community per student, second round playoff team? The should have field turf, dome, and a heated practice facility. Come man. Quit judging our community for what we once were, and just realize we have a good program with good coaches and damn good kids. That's it

Sorry for replying late but if you read the part were I said that could go for just about any school except EB I had Hickory high and South Caldwell in mind. Tons of wealth in those communities.

Eric Church by himself could roll up in his stretched limo to the stadium, stand there a few min with his sunglasses on and tell his driver to hand him the checkbook, he signs it and hands it to the AD and says “make an extension to the visitors side and the home side, put out rubber on the track and make an indoor sport complex behind the stadium(or wereever) and dedicate it to me if u want to” then he walks back to his limo and does a Michael Jackson spin and says “drank alittle draaank, smoke alittal smoooke” and goes into limo with driver shutting door behind him and then they drive off. — if he really wanted to LOL.

Every school has some guy or girl alum or a few that could do that. But it’s not their place to do so I’m just doing alittle ncprep stand up, thank you you been a good audience.

I can promise you that even before the bracket was official Hibriten had Franklin’s fans focus. You guys have had a great year and deserve to be the favorite.
Here we go again. I see this every year on Hibriten boards come playoff time. So, Why does Hibriten deserve to be the favorite? Franklin has the same record, don't they? Franklin's strength of schedule is very comparable to Hibriten's if not stronger, isn't it? Lest we forget, Hibriten has been the favorite LOTS of times and lost....Against Tuscola in 09, and just about every playoff game since that time they have been favored. Some on these message boards said they were "the favorite" against SP last year too if I remember. But who knows? This very well COULD be their year, and if so, its about damn time considering that every year we hear just how invincible Hibriten is and maybe this time they will actually prove it. But I will say this based on history: Franklin has almost always been able to put a game plan together to stop a running team, and Hibriten does little else. If history is a guide here, this game will likely boil down (IMO) into which team is the most PHYSICAL, not the most athletic, and that has never been Hibriten's strong suit. Finally, if the game boils down to discipline and/or heart at the end, the outcome could depend on a crucial mistake, penalty, or stupid play. Franklin does not beat themselves, it will be the Franklin Panthers, not Hibriten Panthers that will be the favorite.

I can promise you that even before the bracket was official Hibriten had Franklin’s fans focus. You guys have had a great year and deserve to be the favorite.
Here we go again. I see this every year on Hibriten boards come playoff time. So, Why does Hibriten deserve to be the favorite? Franklin has the same record, don't they? Franklin's strength of schedule is very comparable to Hibriten's if not stronger, isn't it? Lest we forget, Hibriten has been the favorite LOTS of times and lost....Against Tuscola in 09, and just about every playoff game since that time they have been favored. Some on these message boards said they were "the favorite" against SP last year too if I remember. But who knows? This very well COULD be their year, and if so, its about damn time considering that every year we hear just how invincible Hibriten is and maybe this time they will actually prove it. But I will say this based on history: Franklin has almost always been able to put a game plan together to stop a running team, and Hibriten does little else. If history is a guide here, this game will likely boil down (IMO) into which team is the most PHYSICAL, not the most athletic, and that has never been Hibriten's strong suit. Finally, if the game boils down to discipline and/or heart at the end, the outcome could depend on a crucial mistake, penalty, or stupid play. Franklin does not beat themselves, it will be the Franklin Panthers, not Hibriten Panthers that will be the favorite.
Thank you for your yearly post on our thread when your team is at the house!

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
I can promise you that even before the bracket was official Hibriten had Franklin’s fans focus. You guys have had a great year and deserve to be the favorite. We probably get the least amount of 2A respect in the state. That’s ok though we like to think we do more with less than anyone in the state. I honestly don’t know enough about Hibriten to make a prediction on the score. What I will make a prediction on is that there will be snot flying on both sides of the ball come Friday night!
I’ve been paying attention since about mid-October and telling people that Franklin might be a team to watch once playoff brackets came out.... I expect this as a 2 vs 3 seed to be just what it should be... A close, tough football game between 2 very good teams

Thank you for your yearly post on our thread when your team is at the house!
Why you're welcome! Since you didnt dispute any of the points in my post, would it be fair to say that it was more or less accurate? Wouldn't it also be fair to say that keeping the proper perspective is always important to prevent the symptoms of delusions of grandeur? It doesnt hurt so bad come the Saturday morning in the event of yet another unexpected loss.

Last edited:
WhoaMule last year Hibriten got spanked by SP but other than that they where in almost every game. Last year hibriten beat a very good west Rowan team and a very good burns team in the playoffs. I don’t think Franklin will be more physical then our team.

"I see this every year on Hibriten boards come playoff time" -- yeah, i know the feeling. every year we hear "you haven't played anyone" "you're not battle tested"

"So, Why does Hibriten deserve to be the favorite? Franklin has the same record, don't they?" correct, same records -- "Deserve" isn't the right word, but most people would give a slight edge to the home team in these situations

"Franklin's strength of schedule is very comparable to Hibriten's if not stronger, isn't it" very comparable, not stronger -- see earlier post for that information, slick

."Lest we forget, Hibriten has been the favorite LOTS of times and lost....Against Tuscola in 09" -- too soon, too soon ... still stings -- not the way that season should've ended (IMO best HHS team to date)

"But who knows? This very well COULD be their year, and if so, its about damn time" -- preaching to the choir, brother - fingers crossed

"Franklin has almost always been able to put a game plan together to stop a running team" --for real? you could probably make a lot of money selling that game plan to our friends at West Caldwell. They haven't been enjoying black and blue week lately.

"If history is a guide here, this game will likely boil down (IMO) into which team is the most PHYSICAL, not the most athletic" -- not how it works - if we're going off this so-called "history", it can't also be labeled your opinion

"Finally, if the game boils down to discipline and/or heart at the end, the outcome could depend on a crucial mistake, penalty, or stupid play. Franklin does not beat themselves" -- what happens if we START the game with discipline and heart? is that weird?

Last edited:
Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Thought bout buying a new truck from ken Wilson Ford..finally got my raise from wal mart..but realized there's a chance of having to take a test drive with the Facebook posting Pisgah alum backjugde..i hear he will be heading up zebs re-election campaign ..hopefully y'all will still buy from good ole JW as he sure did his best for his bears Friday night..
You can stop in Canton and pick up the two officials from Friday night. Pretty sure they’re two of your biggest fans.

Hibriten fans..should we stop in Morganton to eat or do you have any good local recommendations? Looks like your tailback is the real deal...and #36 (I think) is very good at LB

Hibriten fans..should we stop in Morganton to eat or do you have any good local recommendations? Looks like your tailback is the real deal...and #36 (I think) is very good at LB
Perkz Café and Smokin Hogs BBQ are local joints very close to the stadium. A couple of Mexican restaurants, Fatz, Ruby Tuesdays, Sagebrush and regular fast food joints are in Lenoir.

Reactions: daletec
Plenty of variety on food joints depending on what you looking for all within 10 minute drive of stadium.... Yes #36 plays MLB!!

I don't think any of us have complained about the bleachers, just asked the question and then everyone else piled on. We would be the last ones to have a leg to stand on anyways. We have the best playing surface in the state but we could use some work on the stadium.

Reactions: RadioCheck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT