ADVERTISEMENT

13 -0 vs 13-0 PANTHERS vs PANTHERS Franklin @ Hibriten

There is nothing worse than getting your a$$ beat in high grass and bad concrete bleachers. Ahs. Maybe win more games and you won't have to come to Lenoir and play

Burkefor. This is why Burke football is so bad, you actually think that money has an impact on hibritens kids. Ever think maybe it's just community support? Good coaching? And talented kids?

Reactions: beamer24
Burkefor. This is why Burke football is so bad, you actually think that money has an impact on hibritens kids. Ever think maybe it's just community support? Good coaching? And talented kids?

I’m not ripping the program man, the program itself is great. Has nothing to do with the money. All I’m saying is there’s a lot of rich people that can improve on the things about the staduim that other people, not so much me, are complaining about. Sure I think the visitors side is below average and could be expanded somehow along with some bathrooms but as far as the talent goes for the football team the two aspects are not being talked about together. The Dome thing was just a comical statement, but it probably COULD happen if hypothetically speaking the top 2 percent money bag people living in the area came together and threw some money in the pot if they had that kinda interest in their staduim/alma mater/ Etc and were big Hibriten football fans. Of course you could just about say that bout any school. Extreme rich people are everywhere except maybe East Burke ha ha. But they already have a massive stadium and with Hibriten it was built when they had less students and a lot less wins. In the 90s and I’m sure the 80s and 70s Hibriten wasn’t the first thing that come to people’s minds when they thought of powerhouse high school football.

When was the last time east Burke has been relevant in HS FOOTBALL...trust me out fans could care less what they sit on..our home crowd had been bit disappointing last two weeks but with good weather expected I'd suspect we will travel well...no doubt hibriten quite talented..but I have NO DOUBT Franklin will be well prepared and have a solid plan...and we will come to Lenoir and expect to win and will relish the opportunity to play at home in THE PIT in the 4th round ..maybe the Pisgah kids can come join there friends from tuscola and support our PANTHERS

Reactions: Magicman49
Seriously? So if you theory is correct south which has more students, a higher income producing community per student, second round playoff team? The should have field turf, dome, and a heated practice facility. Come man. Quit judging our community for what we once were, and just realize we have a good program with good coaches and damn good kids. That's it

There is nothing worse than getting your a$$ beat in high grass and bad concrete bleachers. Ahs. Maybe win more games and you won't have to come to Lenoir and play
True. Hey hibriten has a great program and great players and fans. But the field and complex could be updated to match the product on the field

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
When was the last time east Burke has been relevant in HS FOOTBALL...trust me out fans could care less what they sit on..our home crowd had been bit disappointing last two weeks but with good weather expected I'd suspect we will travel well...no doubt hibriten quite talented..but I have NO DOUBT Franklin will be well prepared and have a solid plan...and we will come to Lenoir and expect to win and will relish the opportunity to play at home in THE PIT in the 4th round ..maybe the Pisgah kids can come join there friends from tuscola and support our PANTHERS
I'll guarantee damn T they won't be out there at your litter box to support Franklin..

Ahs Sorry for the rant wasn't meant against you or Asheville. Great history there. Just have listened to Burkeforreal and icardcav talk out both sides of their mouths for three years, had to join, just needed to vent. Now the bleacher issue,,, we have a new track and there is not enough room to build metal bleachers In between driveway and track. I think they are working on solutions now

Bears fans need to run along to the BB boards! Mocking Tuscola fans for living vicariously thru Franklin while they are doing the same thing with Hirbiten in this thread. Sorry Pisgah fans this thread is about Panthers vs Panthers in Rd3, none of which your apart of......buh buh now.

Reactions: bamapride22
Bears fans need to run along to the BB boards! Mocking Tuscola fans for living vicariously thru Franklin while they are doing the same thing with Hirbiten in this thread. Sorry Pisgah fans this thread is about Panthers vs Panthers in Rd3, none of which your apart of......buh buh now.
.. I looked at the message board rules ..You can't tell us to leave.. I'm staying right here pullin for the Panthers next Friday..

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Ahs Sorry for the rant wasn't meant against you or Asheville. Great history there. Just have listened to Burkeforreal and icardcav talk out both sides of their mouths for three years, had to join, just needed to vent. Now the bleacher issue,,, we have a new track and there is not enough room to build metal bleachers In between driveway and track. I think they are working on solutions now
No offense taken my friend. You guys having bragging rights over my Cougars. How does this hibriten team compare to the 2009 version?

I still don't think years team was as good as last. Still unsure offense is not as strong. Defense may be better. Just a lot of good kids and any of the backs could score at anytime. Just excited to see third round football in Lenoir

Reactions: beamer24
I will tell Hibriten, Franklin loves to keep the ball on hash mark on their side of the field. And 90% of their running plays go to their side of the field.

How was your crowd at the pit last night? Did you guys not have a full house?

I will tell Hibriten, Franklin loves to keep the ball on hash mark on their side of the field. And 90% of their running plays go to their side of the field.
So they run to the short side of the field?? Kind of helps the defense out if that is true!!

I still don't think years team was as good as last. Still unsure offense is not as strong. Defense may be better. Just a lot of good kids and any of the backs could score at anytime. Just excited to see third round football in Lenoir
This year’s defense when healthy in my opinion is more fundamentally sound then last years... The healthy part could come into question this week though

Reactions: BL1 and beamer24
Go make some paper..Holy Moses...How long did it take you to think of that come back???

Leave him alone. He’s the curiator at Franklin’s top tourist attraction, the Scottish Tartan Museum. It’s said that people have ventured from as far away as winding stairs to see the wonderful plaid patterns.

Leave him alone. He’s the curiator at Franklin’s top tourist attraction, the Scottish Tartan Museum. It’s said that people have ventured from as far away as winding stairs to see the wonderful plaid patterns.
Sounds like you are familiar with the place. Which one is your favorite?

PISGAH brought big crowd..our side 90% full but should have been jammed to capacity....how was the crowd at n stanly..glad y'all home this week..good luck
How was your crowd at the pit last night? Did you guys not have a full house?

Yes hibriten listen to big bear 10...he can tell y'all exactly how to beat Franklin 2 out of every 10 yrs...we beat them as many times in 4 weeks as they've beaten us in 10 yrs..looking forward to friday..no doubt a big challenge lies ahead

True. Hey hibriten has a great program and great players and fans. But the field and complex could be updated to match the product on the field

The visitor side is terrible and no Hibriten fan would disagree. Other than that, it's a great setting for a high school football game. I really like our home side setup.

I'm honestly confused on your "high grass" comment. Are we looking at the same field? Hibriten's profile has always been athletes/speed. Why in the world would we keep the grass high? That would neutralize our strength.

Keep in mind you (Asheville) have the good fortune of calling Asheville Memorial home -- arguably best stadium in the state. We're going to lose that head-to-head comparison every time.

The visitor side is terrible and no Hibriten fan would disagree. Other than that, it's a great setting for a high school football game. I really like our home side setup.

I'm honestly confused on your "high grass" comment. Are we looking at the same field? Hibriten's profile has always been athletes/speed. Why in the world would we keep the grass high? That would neutralize our strength.

Keep in mind you (Asheville) have the good fortune of calling Asheville Memorial home -- arguably best stadium in the state. We're going to lose that head-to-head comparison every time.
No doubt we have the best high school stadium in North Carolina, unfortunately for us that doesn't win us games. The grass on the field at hibriten was longer than normal fields when we met in 2011 and was uneven. I felt like the away side stands could have collapsed and killed 1,000 people at any moment. The home side is very nice.

Hibriten is very athletic on defense and yes couple good backs...id SAY beamer is right..not many games in the area so I'd expect a large crowd for sure..i know most people don't give us a chance but we've been battle tested and in some tough ball games including last night w pisgah..hibriten has been challenged ONLY once..all the pressure on them and if it's close at half let's see how they handle it..go Franklin

Simmons Strength of Schedule Ratings:

Hibriten #54
Franklin #57

http://simmonsratings.com/2Arank17.htm

I think he was leg muscle or knee. Will be ok by Friday. 79 was bangs up as well as Witherspoon. All seem to be ok in a week

Three years ago, Titus' Jr. year we had to travel there and they lit us up our guys made it worse with some self inflicted wounds. That WC team was pretty good and Franklin made a believer of me. Year in and year out mountain teams face teams from the piedmont and sandhills and we make the mistake of thinking we will have better athletes. I believe this Franklin team will be the best opponent Hibriten has seen all season and certainly the most physical. Hibriten will also be the toughest opponent Franklin has played. It will be a bruising game and the winner will have to face Shelby a week later. The thing that has impressed me the most about Hibriten was the physicality and aggressiveness of their defense. Having been on the sideline during the WC - Hibriten game this year, its clear that the catalyst is Coach Mackie. That guy is every bit as intense as his dad was, maybe more (Coach J Mackie was he OL coach at WC for a short time).

Yes he has changed dynamics at hhs, also our players tackle in space as good as anyone I am sure franklin will be prepared as well as hhs. It's a third round matchup. Everyone is good at this stage

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
This franklin team is much better than than the team that played WC in 2015..more dimensional on offense and very good on defense..Honestly I feel yes franklin will be best team hibriten has played and for sure hibriten best franklin has played..speed kills..but we will be in the right places..hibriten loves to play downhill on defense..i see a low possession low scoring game where special teams and turnovers will play a huge role..nice weather..id SAY huge crowd..we've anticipated this as a potential round 3 matchup since early Oct..

PISGAH brought big crowd..our side 90% full but should have been jammed to capacity....how was the crowd at n stanly..glad y'all home this week..good luck

We had a decent crowd. Good luck to you guys too. Im hoping we have an overflow crowd this Friday. Its our last home game of the season, win or lose.

Last edited:
The visitor side is terrible and no Hibriten fan would disagree. Other than that, it's a great setting for a high school football game. I really like our home side setup

Is the visitors side metal bleachers or are they concrete? And do you know what time the gates open?

If they wet their field down like they have done in the past then Hibriten gonna run away with this game.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT