ADVERTISEMENT

13 -0 vs 13-0 PANTHERS vs PANTHERS Franklin @ Hibriten

Don't think the schools have ever played. Look forward to watching a game thanksgiving weekend. We need to heal up and clean the penalties up.

Need a breakdown on Hibriten including, team, stadium, turf, ect. Look forward to talking this week!

Flexbone triple option team. Grass field. Nice home side stands. Very small visitors side. We don't throw it well. We have about 4 good backs and 1 that is D1 material. Defense is strength of team. Not really a weakness on defense IMO unless you have a duel threat QB.

From Google earth and all it looks like y'all have a nice place there. My question: can you park and walk from the new middle school? Or will parking spill over into the grassy field in the front of the school?

They'll park people both places. I always park at middle school. Traffic is better and walk is not uphill.

Despite our turnouts at the last two home games, we travel long distances well. We killed the concession strands in the fourth round at East Lincoln a few years ago, they weren't prepared for us. After they ran out of coffee in the first quarter, the lady at the concession stand told me we brought more fans than Lincolnton did the week before and we came from three hours further away.

Last edited:
Most overflow from visitors side ends up standing on the track or watching from home side. In the past we have brought in some extra bleachers not sure if we will or not this week. Its really the only game around so should be crowded.

We scrimmaged a flexbone team this year, but haven't played one in a real game. Sounds like our defense will be doing some catch up this week.

As for us, we are an off set I with a few spread sets for situational use. Two tough and patient running backs. QB has an arm and can move a little. Our defense is really good, but speed in the secondary tends to be a weakness.

Witherspoon is our go to guy he plays wingback. We rotate 2 good FBs and have 2 other wingbacks that are good runners.
Turnovers and penalties are my main concern. I'm confident our defense can keep us in about any game.

Despite our turnouts at the last two home games, we travel long distances well. We killed the concession strands in the fourth round at East Lincoln a few years ago, they weren't prepared for us. After they ran out of coffee in the first quarter, the lady at the concession stand told me we brought more fans than Lincolnton did the week before and we came from three hours further away.

If you all take the Tuscola kids with you, you may have a good turnout. They’re not real good at football, but they do know how to jump ship and follow the bandwagon.

Reactions: PBBear51
Hibriten is very athletic on defense and yes couple good backs...id SAY beamer is right..not many games in the area so I'd expect a large crowd for sure..i know most people don't give us a chance but we've been battle tested and in some tough ball games including last night w pisgah..hibriten has been challenged ONLY once..all the pressure on them and if it's close at half let's see how they handle it..go Franklin

Reactions: TC Red Devil 89
Hibriten is very athletic on defense and yes couple good backs...id SAY beamer is right..not many games in the area so I'd expect a large crowd for sure..i know most people don't give us a chance but we've been battle tested and in some tough ball games including last night w pisgah..hibriten has been challenged ONLY once..all the pressure on them and if it's close at half let's see how they handle it..go Franklin

Not many people gave Shelby a chance this past week, either.

If the Lenior boys can hold on, Shelby will be next. Can’t see them falling to Mt Plesant. 2 good games in a row possibly. But we’ll take it one game at a time for now. Hibriten has been a good rep for us Hickory area folk in the postseason for quite some time.

Reactions: beamer24
If you all take the Tuscola kids with you, you may have a good turnout. They’re not real good at football, but they do know how to jump ship and follow the bandwagon.
Its not Franklins fault that every team in our conference likes to see Pisgah loose! Tuscola and SM had the night off> why not come and cheer for the Panthers

Hibriten has to many athletes for Franklin. Hibriten by 21

Weather looks great for Friday night, maybe a touch cold . Franklin fans might want to sit over on home side, better view , most hhs fans are good people. Visitors side is not very nice at all.

I predicted a Franklin vs Shelby/S Point final....if Franklin has a team like they had a couple years ago,hard hitting...Hibriten is a good team but falls short every year..23-21 Franklin...good luck to both and plan on coming home to see this game(and visit family )

neutral field
[2017] Hibriten (Lenoir, NC) 31, [2017] Franklin (NC) 17

I realize computers don't play the game but this is what Calpreps projects.

Wow that was original!!! And so was you “Western” or “at Western”? Don’t play these silly games. Just go back to the mill and make some paper!!
Go make some paper..Holy Moses...How long did it take you to think of that come back???

Need a breakdown on Hibriten including, team, stadium, turf, ect. Look forward to talking this week!
The worst high school football stadium in the United States. You won't find a visitor side more awful than what you're about to see guys. And before someone from Lenoir says something, yes I know we lost there our lone meeting there, but that field is awful, high grass, uneven and the visitors side honest to God is a hazard to be on. They ought to tear that place down and start over

The worst high school football stadium in the United States. You won't find a visitor side more awful than what you're about to see guys. And before someone from Lenoir says something, yes I know we lost there our lone meeting there, but that field is awful, high grass, uneven and the visitors side honest to God is a hazard to be on. They ought to tear that place down and start over
Glad you enjoyed it so much:D

Reactions: strikerHHS

Who is Asheville playing this week?

Its not Franklins fault that every team in our conference likes to see Pisgah loose! Tuscola and SM had the night off> why not come and cheer for the Panthers
It’s fine to root against Us. We expect that and revel in the fact we are hated for who we are and what we represent... strong fan base, awesome community support, winning history, best booster Club in the mountains BAR NONE! But running out onto the field to celebrate another teams win shows how jealous and childish they really are. The Mounties want to be us but they can’t and never will be

Last edited:

As many rich people as there are and have been on this boosters club and community in general they could pull some funds together and create another visitors side, maybe even have a super indoor dome/athletic complex. I’m serious man. Some people just done wanna give up a dollar lol.

Asheville is done. Unless ur talking bout Basketball lol.
Our football team and program have really been terrible the past 3 years. But hibritens away side is still bad regardless. Hibriten has a good program and good fan support. I'm surprised they haven't renovated that place over the years

Dome? Really? Good grief. I realize the bleachers suck but I don't know how many High School football teams play in a dome.
I can promise you this our football team is better our bleachers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT