ADVERTISEMENT

10/25 scores

Mitchell won’t beat heritage until they look at that game just like any other game. Hard to do when that game hits so close to home. They should have beat them last year, this year, and stood a good chance 2 yrs ago. 84 will be up in arms but that’s just fact. You have to give heritage credit, they should have lost tonight but they didn’t. That’s what good teams do, weather then win. Congrats to heritage. This game will benefit them come playoffs.
No comment. Still shell shocked that we came out with a win tonight. Sometimes you got to be lucky. The wins against Mitchell last 5 years were not lucky wins. Mental toughness and coaching probably got those wins. Mitchell has had a good team every year. Mitchell fans think their team is better every year and I think our team is better every year. Just different opinions and the games are played by the players. Mitchell always has the size advantage on the line almost every year but Joey finds a weak spot and exploits it normally. Mountie and I give each other a hard time but I got a lot of friends in Mitchell County and respect all your players.
Now when I see stuff like Mitchell has the best athletes, best defense and best offense I have to point out the obvious. We do have some good athletes on our team as well. Everyone forgets we have almost our entire basketball team on the football field and most of them I would say are pretty athletic.
I expect both teams to do well in the playoffs and we will both attempt to pull for the other team or at least the kids to do well.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Everybody says that. Fact is they beat you when they played you head to head. Anybody can say what a team would do 8 weeks later. It's all hypothetical with no facts to validate it.

If he's that bad win he's winning I hate to hear him when he's losing.
Trust me you ... me ... and everyone else would have completely lost every bit of religion that we “may” have if the refs would have made the calls against your team like have been made against us. Yes we were up 2 tds but it felt like we were down 2tds.
Ever seen a team fighting and clawing and only have 1 flag thrown the whole game. And that was at the very end. Trust me I’m not mad ONE BIT !!!!! Over coach getting thrown out. Don’t care what anyone thinks. He’s embarrassed but enough is enough I stand with him 100%
They could've thrown a flag on almost every play that Polk ran. Heck! There were multiple players on our team that got repeatedly TACKLED by the o-linemen...

I was on the track and ollis was not cussing , I heard the referee trying to explain why he called another ridiculous penalty on us and ollis said that's just football man , now myself and others on the track were really working him over when he threw the flag Ollis wasn't guilty of anything

Reactions: Swain97
if you know one of these sorry refs and he told you that he's a straight up liar like I said I was there your ref buddy needs to tell you how close they kept this game called three touchdowns back on us they were worse than the ones at Owen and obviously there liars also and you can tell him they tried but didn't quite get it done

if you know one of these sorry refs and he told you that he's a straight up liar like I said I was there your ref buddy needs to tell you how close they kept this game called three touchdowns back on us they were worse than the ones at Owen and obviously there liars also and you can tell him they tried but didn't quite get it done
Now now, there are 2 sides to every story

I was on the track and ollis was not cussing , I heard the referee trying to explain why he called another ridiculous penalty on us and ollis said that's just football man , now myself and others on the track were really working him over when he threw the flag Ollis wasn't guilty of anything

You fence walkers wish you knew as much as you thought. It usually takes a lot for a ref to toss a coach. Especially a football coach. He obviously said or did something he shouldn't have. On the other hand you guys probably didn't help his cause.

Them bad calls went both ways there bud

Reactions: AHVikingNation
they had one penalty called on them all night and it was late in the game I don't know wether it was bad or not I just know they didn't have but one that I recall
You fence walkers wish you knew as much as you thought. It usually takes a lot for a ref to toss a coach. Especially a football coach. He obviously said or did something he shouldn't have. On the other hand you guys probably didn't help his cause.
if anyone on here knows coach Hollis you would know that he dose not use profanity and if his players get caught using it they pay the price that don't mean that the players don't cuss some but if he here's you you pay , and as far as what this fence walker know I'd say I know as much as you maybe more

TD..i respect ya..but stop jock ridin East Surry. MA is your team. MA is very good. You guys just may beat them last game of the year.
He’s not jock riding he’s just stating what is very likely to happen, sometimes it’s just not your year and some teams are just built different some seasons he’s seen it. Everyone will eventually!!!!!

ESOD..yall was just a blip on the radar last year..and he was all about MA..until yall slapped them in the mouth in the playoffz. Yall have enough True Cardinal fans that are ride or die..not just when you have a team that is head and shoulders better than everyone they will face. I was just jivin anyway. He can like who he chooses. Just stirring the pot. Rivalries do exist. MA doesn't need to just lay down like everyone suggests when they play yall however.

It’s a Rivalry, the bears will never lay down. The cards are loaded , not only has it been advertised here but it has been shown on the field. Cards are the heavy favorite, but the bears will show up, they will play , they won’t lay down. But in the end it is a rivalry game and silly things happen in those kind of games. I’m actually interested in seeing south and east next week, I think that as overmatched as the Sauras are , that diamont vs the cards is something that has to be followed closely

Reactions: TD-FridayNight

Fence walkers know Bruce Ollis doesn't cuss trust me we have tried to get him to

Don’t be mad our coach has more class than you and your program

What does that have to do with anything? Not knocking Ollis. Always been a fan of his. But obviously he did something to get chunked.

Trust me when I tell you, fence walkers are the bain ov existence of any coach.

It’s a Rivalry, the bears will never lay down. The cards are loaded , not only has it been advertised here but it has been shown on the field. Cards are the heavy favorite, but the bears will show up, they will play , they won’t lay down. But in the end it is a rivalry game and silly things happen in those kind of games. I’m actually interested in seeing south and east next week, I think that as overmatched as the Sauras are , that diamont vs the cards is something that has to be followed closely
I could not have said it any better. I am realistic and East is more loaded with seniors of which 3 are headed to UNC and Mount Airy is a really good team and improving every week but only 8 seniors and loaded with sophomores that are getting better weekly. You can't teach a team loaded with sophomores to play like seniors in a single season. NO Mount Airy want be laying down against any rival game. I just will not brag that Mount Airy will beat East Surry when East is on their best year ever and Mount Airy is rebuilding. Yes I bragged on Mount Airy last year and they won the conference by beating East Surry in a close game but not only is it hard to beat the same team 2 weeks later but Mount Airy meet them without Greene, a receiver that had 7 or 8 major colleges recruiting him and J.Smith at 60%. Their leadership on the field was gone. East probably would have won the second game because of how close the first game was, less than a TD best that I can remember but a much closer game than losing 40-0. Yes, I would love for Mount Airy to pull an upset but I can't see them beating them 2 weeks later. I am a realistic person, East Surry will get a second chance with Tarboro this year and I give them a better than 50% chance of beating them this time. Look out for Mount Airy for the next few years. They're never down long !

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
What does that have to do with anything? Not knocking Ollis. Always been a fan of his. But obviously he did something to get chunked.

Trust me when I tell you, fence walkers are the bain ov existence of any coach.

Refs have feelings now days and if a coach questioning a refs call in a professional way gets under there skin then they are in the wrong business. So what is a fence walker ? Asking for a friend

Reactions: Heritage 84
Refs have feelings now days and if a coach questioning a refs call in a professional way gets under there skin then they are in the wrong business. So what is a fence walker ? Asking for a friend

An official isn't going to toss someone for being professional.

You don't hear everyone alongside the fence. The officials may have been terrible but like I said Ollis more than likely did something that got him chunked. It's fine to take up for your coach but you don't really know what happened on the field.

Fence walkers are you know those guys that walk the fence and yell at coaches and officials all night. Sometimes act like they have more invested in the program than the coaches and players. The entitled ones. "I paid my $5, I'll say what I want."

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Big 1aa isn't gonna be a cakewalk for ES. Especially if Mitchell or Murphy roll into it. I see those two as the only 2 teams with a remote shot of beating an ES team with no major injuries. Those mtn teams are such a tough out in the 3rd/4th rounds always. No one ever blows them out honestly. Not that deep in the playoffs.

An official isn't going to toss someone for being professional.

You don't hear everyone alongside the fence. The officials may have been terrible but like I said Ollis more than likely did something that got him chunked. It's fine to take up for your coach but you don't really know what happened on the field.

Fence walkers are you know those guys that walk the fence and yell at coaches and officials all night. Sometimes act like they have more invested in the program than the coaches and players. The entitled ones. "I paid my $5, I'll say what I want."

Well 11 penalties to 1 and 3 tds called back..he should have got tossed. So us fence walkers said nothing to the refs until the 4th when they deserved it and some the chain crew even agreed they were terrible and yes we are invested in this program more than you would ever know as far as yelling at our coaches no we support them including the good and bad

Fence walkers know Bruce Ollis doesn't cuss trust me we have tried to get him to

Does anyone actually know for a fact what the coach was let's say accused of by the refs to be ejected? There's only so many reasons under the rules, we know he didn't hit or bite anyone , if it wasn't profanity there is disrespectfully addressing which is usually referring to touching a ref, I can see a mad coach without thinking grabbing a ref by the arm or something to get his attention but I assume if a coach does say call the ref an idiot or something that would come under this rule as well, so he wouldn't necessarily have to cuss to be ejected.

Does anyone actually know for a fact what the coach was let's say accused of by the refs to be ejected? There's only so many reasons under the rules, we know he didn't hit or bite anyone , if it wasn't profanity there is disrespectfully addressing which is usually referring to touching a ref, I can see a mad coach without thinking grabbing a ref by the arm or something to get his attention but I assume if a coach does say call the ref an idiot or something that would come under this rule as well, so he wouldn't necessarily have to cuss to be ejected.

I would agree with you if we hadn’t been right behind him he was not even on the field and did say come on that’s just football with his back to the ref and guy just had it out for him . Coach is embarrassed he said I teach my kids not to do that and then it happens to me is unacceptable. It’s all good tho we made it out and now have 2 large task at hand.. gonna be some good games for sure

Big 1aa isn't gonna be a cakewalk for ES. Especially if Mitchell or Murphy roll into it. I see those two as the only 2 teams with a remote shot of beating an ES team with no major injuries. Those mtn teams are such a tough out in the 3rd/4th rounds always. No one ever blows them out honestly. Not that deep in the playoffs.
After playing Swain last week, I was very impressed. I told my buddy that I thought they would only lose to East Surry in 1AA West. Their defense was very good, especially linebacker play. Reminded me of an old school Maroon Devil team.

I would agree with you if we hadn’t been right behind him he was not even on the field and did say come on that’s just football with his back to the ref and guy just had it out for him . Coach is embarrassed he said I teach my kids not to do that and then it happens to me is unacceptable. It’s all good tho we made it out and now have 2 large task at hand.. gonna be some good games for sure
My son said he thought coach said “is this not football” and that’s what the flag was about. That’s what he heard coach say. He also said that coach was not using profanity and doesn’t at all. And that’s pretty crazy in its self cause I have been around many HS coaches and yes they cuss like sailors and cuss the players A LOT. Heck I have been thrown out from the stands so I can’t say much :)

Like I said, cursing and jawing all night. The ref I know has never ejected a coach. Not only was the coach disrespectful, numerous players were as well. Worst he’s seen all year.

I’m convinced he’s a good man, sometimes emotions get the best of anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
From what I saw the ref just made a bad decision on the first flag coach was out on field pretty animated not sure what he said but he got the flag fine probably deserved that one but on the second Ollis told me all he said was "Is this not Football" he was on sideline and within the box and the same ref threw the flag heck I've seen coachs completely lose there mind on the sideline and not get a flag or anything most refs are aware when a coach already has one flag and aren't gonna throw the second unless something extreme happens anybody there on either side can tell you he wasnt in his face yelling or anything when the second one came maybe he said something the first time that really got to the ref but for a coach like Ollis to get his first ejection ever on something that looked like nothing really makes you question the integrity of the official I'd love to see what the report says after the officials write it up id like to know what he was thinking because from where I was it look totally uncalled for.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Like I said, cursing and jawing all night. The ref I know has never ejected a coach. Not only was the coach disrespectful, numerous players were as well. Worst he’s seen all year.

Well you need to tell him to get out of the reffin business if he thought that cause like I said he never cursed I promise you the man won’t even say piss....if he thinks our kids are disrespectful I can’t imagine what games he is calling he had feelings and they got hurt cause his buddy’s team didn’t win ...film will show all this ...let him know he is know as ol thinskin from know own we have pics to prove it

Well you need to tell him to get out of the reffin business if he thought that cause like I said he never cursed I promise you the man won’t even say piss....if he thinks our kids are disrespectful I can’t imagine what games he is calling he had feelings and they got hurt cause his buddy’s team didn’t win ...film will show all this ...let him know he is know as ol thinskin from know own we have pics to prove it
Wow this is the most Polk posters I’ve seen in years! Anyone that’s been around the WHC since Polk joined knows the quality of coach Ollis. One of the best around. If he’s never been ejected just add it as a feather. He’s definitely accomplished everything else.

deerhunter your ref is a strait up liar !! I'm not saying that the boys were not getting pretty up set cause they were getting a taken from them by the refs and Ollis was wearing the refs ear out which he should have but no profanity was thrown at him by Ollis nor the fence walkers maybe you should come to the game before spewing such bull crap on something you know nothing about
and as far as worst ever like they say we were
they were the worst ever and should not be allowed to wear the uniform again
they were totally disgusting with no integrity what so ever and you can go tell you ref buddies that !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT