Mt Airy 50

WS Prep 20 Final

E Surry 63

N Stokes 7 Final

Forbush 23

N Forsyth 20 Final

Surry Central 7
N Surry 54 Final

Starmount is pretty much fully staffed. I think the conference is as good parity wise as ever..maybe it isn't as weak...they get terrible seedings.and everybody in 2a playoffs are always good hence Wilkes Central WW..and NW will always go out in 1st round...but look at it like this the MVAC's 3rdr or 4th place team beat a very good MT.Airy team..but lost to 5th or 6th place North Wilkes team. Everyone in the NWC is beatable too except East Surry..Most of that conference except MA and ES will be home after 1st rd too. Conferences top to bottom are pretty even honestly..MVAC bottom tier is way better than NWC bottom tier..but E.Surry is so good it more than balances everything out.

Starmount is pretty much fully staffed. I think the conference is as good parity wise as ever..maybe it isn't as weak...they get terrible seedings.and everybody in 2a playoffs are always good hence Wilkes Central WW..and NW will always go out in 1st round...but look at it like this the MVAC's 3rdr or 4th place team beat a very good MT.Airy team..but lost to 5th or 6th place North Wilkes team. Everyone in the NWC is beatable too except East Surry..Most of that conference except MA and ES will be home after 1st rd too. Conferences top to bottom are pretty even honestly..MVAC bottom tier is way better than NWC bottom tier..but E.Surry is so good it more than balances everything out.

That's a fair assessment

Game winning 60 yard touchdown was called back with 30 seconds to go. Next play a 30+ yard gain was called back as well. 40 yard touchdown was called back in the 3rd. 75+ yards of penalties called on Ashe on East's first two scoring drives. Ashe’s RB with over 100 yds and 2 TDs in the 3rd and starting safety was thrown out because an East player grabbed his male parts. Ridiculous outing by the Refs, took all momentum and any offense away from Ashe from the 3rd quarter on.

Game winning 60 yard touchdown was called back with 30 seconds to go. Next play a 30+ yard gain was called back as well. 40 yard touchdown was called back in the 3rd. 75+ yards of penalties called on Ashe on East's first two scoring drives. Ashe’s RB with over 100 yds and 2 TDs in the 3rd and starting safety was thrown out because an East player grabbed his male parts. Ridiculous outing by the Refs, took all momentum and any offense away from Ashe from the 3rd quarter on.
Sounds like sour grapes, from one of the dirtiest playing schools in the conference.

How did they come back on Ashe..i hear about the penalty's and all but did #1 get loose a time or two.for EW..I wasn't there just askin. His speed is almost unparalled in the conference. He has big time speed!

How did they come back on Ashe..i hear about the penalty's and all but did #1 get loose a time or two...I wasn't there just askin. His speed is almost unparalled in the conference.

I'm curious as well. Especially with how they held them to 7 points in the 2nd half. Wonder if Ashe came out asleep or if they just managed to make a solid adjustment. It's mind blowing with how many points they've given up this year to shut down one of the most prolific offenses in the area.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Sorry for Mitchell.. East Surry awaits in the regional final for you guys!! Should be AN AMAZING GAME!

how does Mitchell lose to heritage
Mitchell won’t beat heritage until they look at that game just like any other game. Hard to do when that game hits so close to home. They should have beat them last year, this year, and stood a good chance 2 yrs ago. 84 will be up in arms but that’s just fact. You have to give heritage credit, they should have lost tonight but they didn’t. That’s what good teams do, weather then win. Congrats to heritage. This game will benefit them come playoffs.

I think Murphy, Swain or Mitchell will give them all they want and then some. Both Murphy and Swain have beat quality 2A teams and Mitchell lost by a score to the 8th ranked 2A team at their place. Could be some good games in 1AA depending on the cutoff

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
No one in the west will come within 3 TDS of East Surry @ ES and they will be at home all games except the state finals.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. It's completely possible that Murphy could leapfrog them in the adjusted rankings if they were to beat Robbinsville and end up with the 1 seed in the west. Also the projected cut line is going to be close to Surry County.

Either way I agree with you. I don't think anyone will come within 3 touchdowns. Murphy and Mitchell will give it their all if that happens but I think ES is a different animal. They're a rare bird that we only get to enjoy every so often around here.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Sorry for Mitchell.. East Surry awaits in the regional final for you guys!! Should be AN AMAZING GAME!
How about letting Mitchell getting though the last two games of the season against the other two 1A schools in the conference before have us getting to the west regional. And wether its 1A or 1AA you always have good team waiting for you if you get that far.

I think Murphy, Swain or Mitchell will give them all they want and then some. Both Murphy and Swain have beat quality 2A teams and Mitchell lost by a score to the 8th ranked 2A team at their place. Could be some good games in 1AA depending on the cutoff
But they none have beat the defending 2A state champion Reidsville that had not lost at home in like 4 or 5 years. East Surry Did ! ! East has 3 players committed to UNC next year

Last edited:
Reactions: diemundbak55
TD..i respect ya..but stop jock ridin East Surry. MA is your team. MA is very good. You guys just may beat them last game of the year.

If he's that bad win he's winning I hate to hear him when he's losing.
Trust me you ... me ... and everyone else would have completely lost every bit of religion that we “may” have if the refs would have made the calls against your team like have been made against us. Yes we were up 2 tds but it felt like we were down 2tds.
Ever seen a team fighting and clawing and only have 1 flag thrown the whole game. And that was at the very end. Trust me I’m not mad ONE BIT !!!!! Over coach getting thrown out. Don’t care what anyone thinks. He’s embarrassed but enough is enough I stand with him 100%

TD..i respect ya..but stop jock ridin East Surry. MA is your team. MA is very good. You guys just may beat them last game of the year.
If you know me I have always supported all the teams in the NWC and IF Mount Airy lucks up and beats East Surry then can they do it again in the playoffs ????? I support them both and any other NWC team that makes the playoffs. Stop your babyish putting me down. Have I ever put you or your posts down. who do you jock ride. At least the NWC has 2 great teams,can you say the same. When was the last time your team won a State Championship or was Runner up. Don't mean to give you a rough time but turn about is fair play ! And I respect you until you get on my case.

Lol. Im just like you. So my team is always winning. Whoever is doin well. Realtalk. Lol. I've enjoyed so many state championships..my home team has never been close to one..so i live vicariously through all the other good teams..kinda like you're doin with East Surry. Not a thing wrong with it. But I do get called out on in every once in a while. Deservedly so. Lol.

If they played mount airy again the bears would win by two touchdowns

I'm curious as well. Especially with how they held them to 7 points in the 2nd half. Wonder if Ashe came out asleep or if they just managed to make a solid adjustment.

Well guy said running back was ejected in 3rd. He runs it a lot and is 50percent of there offense. So I'm sure that helped tremendously. Also we ran at will on east last week in 1st half and they did much better in 2nd half so props for there halftime adjustments

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT