ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Seed in the West

You wont never hear of the again either. lol. I don't think they will get out of there side of the bracket.

East Wilkes comes out of the Mountain Valley 1a/2a conference. With a respectable undefeated season and conference championship, the first in several years. Weaker conference than years past but still a few decent teams. Dominated the teams we were suppose to dominate and played 3 great ball games in a row against the usual 3 power houses of our conference in Starmount, Ashe County and Wilkes Central with 3 close wins. As for this being the last time you hear of them, I have to disagree as the JV squad went undefeated as well. The future looks bright in Ronda for the next few years. The last several years its been up and down at EW with a couple decent years mixed in but by no means did we have the caliber team to go far in the playoffs. This bunch is very disciplined team with a great coaching staff in place. Alot of heart from these kids, worked their tails off to be where they are.

East Wilkes comes out of the Mountain Valley 1a/2a conference. With a respectable undefeated season and conference championship, the first in several years. Weaker conference than years past but still a few decent teams. Dominated the teams we were suppose to dominate and played 3 great ball games in a row against the usual 3 power houses of our conference in Starmount, Ashe County and Wilkes Central with 3 close wins. As for this being the last time you hear of them, I have to disagree as the JV squad went undefeated as well. The future looks bright in Ronda for the next few years. The last several years its been up and down at EW with a couple decent years mixed in but by no means did we have the caliber team to go far in the playoffs. This bunch is very disciplined team with a great coaching staff in place. Alot of heart from these kids, worked their tails off to be where they are.
He was referring to the 1a bracket

lol.

Good luck to you Cards.
I was talking about CSODavidson.

lol.

Good luck to you Cards.

lol.

Good luck to you Cards.

I hate they put all the SMC hosses on one side of the bracket. I would love to see Murphy or Robbinsville get a hold of them...lol

I'd say Murphy or Robbinsville will end up getting a hold of them. Or atleast I want to see that happen.

Andrews will probably face them in round 2. I would not be surprised to see the wildcats knock them off.

They question is how will Community School Of Davidson react to the physical style of football that the SMC is known for.

Andrews will probably face them in round 2. I would not be surprised to see the wildcats knock them off.

They question is how will Community School Of Davidson react to the physical style of football that the SMC is known for.
Just like everyone that came before them, they think they know what's coming, but they don't !!!!

CSOD is a run heavy team, that plays right into Andrews' team strength, the Wildcats have one of the best run defenses in the conference

Yes Cherokee will be hard to handle the 2nd time around. We have to stay focused and get pressure on the QB. We are healthy finally and have our work cut out for us.

Reactions: BDHarris

Rosman played them first round last year. Don't know what they have coming back but had some really good skill players. Rosman lines up in the bone in the 2nd half and ran it right at them. Won by 2 scores and took a knee inside their 10 at the end of the game.

Rosman played them first round last year. Don't know what they have coming back but had some really good skill players. Rosman lines up in the bone in the 2nd half and ran it right at them. Won by 2 scores and took a knee inside their 10 at the end of the game.

Yeah, but that was last year....

The Community School of Davidson has not lost to a 1A school this year with losses to 4A North Mecklenburg and Private School powerhouse Davidson Day who I think finished the season unbeaten...The RB Joey Bernardini is the real deal as he rushed for over 2,000yds and 29TDs last season, and has rushed for nearly that much this season in spite of playing a more diffiucult non-conference schedule....This team will be tougher to beat in Davidson this year than they were last year IMO....

Not to Mention, the Spartans returned 8 starters on both sides of the ball to begin the season, so this is their most experienced team since joining the 1A class....Beat Bishop McGuinness 42-7 to open the season...

Will be interesing to see how either Andrews or Cherokee does against the Spartans in the 2nd round?

Roar Tigers Roar!

Yeah, but that was last year....

The Community School of Davidson has not lost to a 1A school this year with losses to 4A North Mecklenburg and Private School powerhouse Davidson Day who I think finished the season unbeaten...The RB Joey Bernardini is the real deal as he rushed for over 2,000yds and 29TDs last season, and has rushed for nearly that much this season in spite of playing a more diffiucult non-conference schedule....This team will be tougher to beat in Davidson this year than they were last year IMO....

Not to Mention, the Spartans returned 8 starters on both sides of the ball to begin the season, so this is their most experienced team since joining the 1A class....Beat Bishop McGuinness 42-7 to open the season...

Will be interesing to see how either Andrews or Cherokee does against the Spartans in the 2nd round?

Roar Tigers Roar!
I have watched their highlights and pinelake preps as well and I would take cherokee or andrews over either one. Pinelakes schedule looks like Hayesvilles non conference. CSOD may get past 1st round but see an early exit in the second. The only SMC team they could handle is the jackets.

Go ahead and think this is the last time uou will hear from them. Much like wsalem prep and bishop, these charter schools have a distinct advantage with boundaries. My daughter is at a charter school and im admitting it. It is what it is. You give me kestrel heights and let me draw from durham ect and im playing with anyone in 1a. Just saying.

Go ahead and think this is the last time uou will hear from them. Much like wsalem prep and bishop, these charter schools have a distinct advantage with boundaries. My daughter is at a charter school and im admitting it. It is what it is. You give me kestrel heights and let me draw from durham ect and im playing with anyone in 1a. Just saying.
When did anyone say this is the last time we would here from them? I just said they had a cake schedule and they would have only beaten hayesville if they were in the SMC. Who brought up Kestrel Heights no one on this thread (but I maybe wrong). Anyway I would rather deal with a public school and what we had, develop the kids and be a contender then to have a recruited, bought and paid for team anyday

Reactions: Knightsfan64
I have watched their highlights and pinelake preps as well and I would take cherokee or andrews over either one. Pinelakes schedule looks like Hayesvilles non conference. CSOD may get past 1st round but see an early exit in the second. The only SMC team they could handle is the jackets.

You may be right, but guess we'll see if CSOD is better than they were last year or not?

Wouldn't it be something to see either Andrews or Cherokee playing at home against Albemarle in the 3rd round of the playoffs?

Could happen, and wouldn't be surprised if it did!

Good luck to both the Wildcats and the Braves!

Roar Tigers Roar!

You may be right, but guess we'll see if CSOD is better than they were last year or not?

Wouldn't it be something to see either Andrews or Cherokee playing at home against Albemarle in the 3rd round of the playoffs?

Could happen, and wouldn't be surprised if it did!

Good luck to both the Wildcats and the Braves!

Roar Tigers Roar!
That would be great for one of the teams to play a 3rd round at home. Good luck to your tigers rick, and to the rest of the SMC in the playoffs.

So what griddle. They aint won sh1t. None of them. We are not going hear about them unless were talking about early exits in the playoffs just like we hear about the rest of them. They have no chance of going to state, none.

dude albemarle is horrible this year. No chance in hell they make it to 2nd round much less 3rd. They r really bad and now there stujd rb has turf toe. I could actually see north stokes going to 3rd round. I predict north stokes will be last years alleghany, get on easy side of bracket and make it to final 4.

Reactions: Buzzard15
dude albemarle is horrible this year. No chance in hell they make it to 2nd round much less 3rd. They r really bad and now there stujd rb has turf toe. I could actually see north stokes going to 3rd round. I predict north stokes will be last years alleghany, get on easy side of bracket and make it to final 4.

How many State Championships does Alleghany have? I'm just curious. Has Alleghany ever played Albemarle and if not why?

We have alot in wrestling haha. None in football, but then again there isn't any amherst's in sparta to pull athletes from. Your glory days r over sway, school is probably shutting down soon, so u just keep living in the past and polishing those old trophies cause thats all your going to have pretty soon. And u know dang well how bad yalls team is this year, u have bashed the coaches non stop on here predicting yall r going to get blown out. Go post about 150 more times on your breaking news thread, like thats going to save your school :/

We are ready and healthy if we can get past Cherokee. We also have some things we hadn't showed but a few times late in season. We rushed for well over 200 yds a game the last 4 games and that was multiple lineman out. We are healthy now and with 13 Seniors with a lot of experience we feel like we can make a run. But one game at a time and that's why you play the game. One off game for any team in the playoffs means a early exit. Good luck to all

Reactions: mbdfan
Sounds like should be a battle . Cherokee has their lineman back and their rb back. Should be a fun game and always like to see how the Smc ranks with the rest of the state

Sounds like should be a battle . Cherokee has their lineman back and their rb back. Should be a fun game and always like to see how the Smc ranks with the rest of the state
That's why I hate that the state has paired us up. I have always said they want us to take each other out early so it's not a SMC tournament in round 3

Reactions: oldknight20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT