ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really safe to say.
We know our minutia and he knows his.
We have been going at it with btango for years, long before you were paying attention.
He knows us. That is why it is clear he is messing with us, not really contributing.
We have put him in his place before, and he remained quiet for a while towards us, but now appears emboldened.
You …on the other hand. What has you coming to his defense?
You can’t contribute any substance, so you result to name calling, as others do often.
The nonsensical epics to further your agenda are not a contribution.

The nonsensical epics to further your agenda are not a contribution.

That is your opinion. And you are certainly entitled to that.
But it comes with your bias, which we established years ago.
That needs to be stated.
Our bias is in our name. Which is historical and factually documented.

In regards to contributions, as we said, we have commented for years about playing”up” and the benefits it provides. It also provides losses.
As we were routinely and viciously attacked by primarily 4A posters to play the top 4A teams to prove our mettle, we challenged them to play”up” 2 classifications to prove theirs.
“We can’t “ was always the response.
Things have changed. The last two weekends proved that. And proved noteworthy.
So we “ contributed”.

Once again, Shelby provided the best proven record of our point, that playing up can lead to great success, even to 4A.

You can call it nonsense if you like.
Others are obviously taking it to heart.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
tommy-boy-comedy.gif

Guess what he is saying is just about any game for a 2A school or a school looking for a crutch could be considered playing up. Was Weddington playing up or providence Day playing up? Both could make the argument. Was west charlotte playing up against Harding or was Harding playing up as WC is perceived the better team? Was Shelby really playing up as they beat AC reynolds previously.

The point of the post was to note Shelby even when ranked highly and with their better championship teams cant regularly compete at 4A level even vs. middle of pack 4A teams. Shelby is great at their level and a great deal of their success is because 2A ball is not nearly as competitive as 3A, and not close to 4A. Even at the 3A level most of the better teams were former historically 4A teams.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$ and nepsy7
We have beaten the unified 4A Champions in 3 of the 5 years surrounding their titles.
Once was as 2A, on their field. When they were nationally ranked.
We have nothing left to prove.
See below.

Well, we’ve been waiting on this.
The perfect teaching moment.

We will stretch a little, but not really.
The point will be made.
The point we have made for decades.

Chambers played “up” this week. They lost.
Hough played “up” last week. They lost.
Mallard Creek played “up” this week. Lost.
Weddington played “up” this week. Lost.
Dudley played “up” this week. They lost.
Shelby played “up” this week. They lost.
Reidsville played “up” this week. They lost.

The top teams in the State, across classifications, played “up” this week (or last), and they all lost.
But every losing coach will tell you, it will make them better….for the season.
The loss will expose the weaknesses, with time to correct or adjust to them.

“So what?”, you ask. Most understand that, correct?
No, they don’t.
We have had the biggest arguments and most aggressive abuse trying to make this point, primarily to the 4A crowd, but also to 3A and 2A folks as well. Play “up”, it will make you better. “But 4A can’t play “up” “, they said.
They just did. And lost.
Powerful Indy, at their finest, played “up” in Ohio. And lost.

Some thought, play it safe, schedule cupcakes for non conference, go undefeated, and you will get the highest seeds, and now, perhaps a bye.
Some still think that way.
It is past time for strength of schedule to be considered in year end seeding.
We will not hold our breath.
But finally, many are starting to see the great value there is in scheduling non conference play against a team that may be better than you.

Want more proof?

There is a high school football program in NC that has been playing “up” forever.
Many years, 40% of their schedule has been against teams from higher classes. Some years, it was over 50%. Many years, including this year,
scheduled teams 2 classes “up”.
That program has won more games and more State Titles in the last 60 years than any other.
They have won 92% of games within their class.
The closest other program of any class is at 80%.
But in only 3 of those seasons were they undefeated.

Now you know why.
I agree…that it’s past time to use SOS when determining seeding.

Are you saying that the RPI is an ineffective way to measure SOS?….70% of the RPI rating is your opponents and their opponents record…and yet….I struggle to believe that formula truly measures the overall strength of your schedule…while…on the surface…..it appears that it does.

I like RPI better than Max Preps rankings though…but….Max Preps may use SOS in their ranking process. I’m unclear as to whether they do or don’t.

Do you struggle with it as well?…you must…hence the statement.

Btw…the cupcakes were fantastic…but the tequila shots was a horrible idea!

You’re an animal!😉

I for one enjoy your posts…Lions over there dying…and I’m over here crying!😂

Matter of fact….this particular post has stirred a memory….that warrants some story tellin’ about the old ball coach. Thanks to you! “2nd”
I cherish all those memories with Coach Brown and I had forgotten this one.

Of course…here we are on the 4a board….I’ll share it later…in more suitable surroundings….like a 2a thread….have mercy!😜
The story is called…”is ya is or is ya ain’t…better or worse…than your record”

We have beaten the unified 4A Champions in 3 of the 5 years surrounding their titles.
Once was as 2A, on their field. When they were nationally ranked.
We have nothing left to prove.
See below.

Well, we’ve been waiting on this.
The perfect teaching moment.

We will stretch a little, but not really.
The point will be made.
The point we have made for decades.

Chambers played “up” this week. They lost.
Hough played “up” last week. They lost.
Mallard Creek played “up” this week. Lost.
Weddington played “up” this week. Lost.
Dudley played “up” this week. They lost.
Shelby played “up” this week. They lost.
Reidsville played “up” this week. They lost.

The top teams in the State, across classifications, played “up” this week (or last), and they all lost.
But every losing coach will tell you, it will make them better….for the season.
The loss will expose the weaknesses, with time to correct or adjust to them.

“So what?”, you ask. Most understand that, correct?
No, they don’t.
We have had the biggest arguments and most aggressive abuse trying to make this point, primarily to the 4A crowd, but also to 3A and 2A folks as well. Play “up”, it will make you better. “But 4A can’t play “up” “, they said.
They just did. And lost.
Powerful Indy, at their finest, played “up” in Ohio. And lost.

Some thought, play it safe, schedule cupcakes for non conference, go undefeated, and you will get the highest seeds, and now, perhaps a bye.
Some still think that way.
It is past time for strength of schedule to be considered in year end seeding.
We will not hold our breath.
But finally, many are starting to see the great value there is in scheduling non conference play against a team that may be better than you.

Want more proof?

There is a high school football program in NC that has been playing “up” forever.
Many years, 40% of their schedule has been against teams from higher classes. Some years, it was over 50%. Many years, including this year,
scheduled teams 2 classes “up”.
That program has won more games and more State Titles in the last 60 years than any other.
They have won 92% of games within their class.
The closest other program of any class is at 80%.
But in only 3 of those seasons were they undefeated.

Now you know why.
Jesus Christ. Taking a little too seriously.

• Haha
2A ball is not nearly as competitive as 3A, and not close to 4A.

Based on?

2A is extremely competitive within 2A
3A within 3A

But some would consider 4A the easiest to win a championship in as there are usually only about 4 or 5 teams across the state that have a chance so 2 will knock 2 out in the playoffs so you really only have to win maybe 2 meaningful playoff games.

Your 4A bias prompting it as the all powerful football classification led you to make that statement.

• Haha
OH OH! Here comes the entire idiot delusional crew. Don’t respond to them and they’ll go away. They’re like members of a cult. 😂😂😂

Has anyone from our "crew" ever once called you a name? Why do you get so defensive and jump to calling us idiots?

I thought the MC vs Buford score was a delusion.....but boy was I wrong. An embarrassment to our state for sure. We went out of state last year....lost to a 4A state champion but I least kept it some what respectable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Has anyone from our "crew" ever once called you a name? Why do you get so defensive and jump to calling us idiots?

I thought the MC vs Buford score was a delusion.....but boy was I wrong. An embarrassment to our state for sure. We went out of state last year....lost to a 4A state champion but I least kept it some what respectable.
Buford is a different animal than most schools in the nation. They blew out the Alabama state champion the week before

WRH is not playing up this Friday, Leesville Road is playing down. We play these games to get prepared for the Shelby's we may face in the playoffs. Winning will be tough to do but a loss will not really matter in the grand scheme of things. But make no mistake the Dogs will not be intimidated.

Based on?

2A is extremely competitive within 2A
3A within 3A

But some would consider 4A the easiest to win a championship in as there are usually only about 4 or 5 teams across the state that have a chance so 2 will knock 2 out in the playoffs so you really only have to win maybe 2 meaningful playoff games.

Your 4A bias prompting it as the all powerful football classification led you to make that statement.

So, what you're saying is, in a state with 10 million people, and only four classifications, all you have to do is be one of the top four or five teams in the entire state, and beat a couple of the other ones in the last rounds of the playoffs?

That's it!? lol

Last edited:
That is your opinion. And you are certainly entitled to that.
But it comes with your bias, which we established years ago.
That needs to be stated.
Our bias is in our name. Which is historical and factually documented.

In regards to contributions, as we said, we have commented for years about playing”up” and the benefits it provides. It also provides losses.
As we were routinely and viciously attacked by primarily 4A posters to play the top 4A teams to prove our mettle, we challenged them to play”up” 2 classifications to prove theirs.
“We can’t “ was always the response.
Things have changed. The last two weekends proved that. And proved noteworthy.
So we “ contributed”.

Once again, Shelby provided the best proven record of our point, that playing up can lead to great success, even to 4A.

You can call it nonsense if you like.
Others are obviously taking it to heart.
2nd, Credit to you for winning the wordcount battle. Beyond that...

*Turns on intercom*

“Pardon the interruption, but could Shelby please report back to the 2A Forum? I repeat, could Shelby please report to back to the 2A Forum? Thank you.”

*Struggles to hang up intercom, but eventually does.”
SHELBY! :D🤡

Cute, guys. How are your teams doing? Hmm?

But consider this;
Shelby Golden Lions

1975. 1-3 start. State Champs
1976. 2-2 start. State Champs
1986. 2-1-1 start. State Champs
1989. 2-2 start. Lost in Western Final
1998. 2-2 start. State Champs
2005. 3-2 start. State Champs
2010. 2-4 start. Lost in Western Final
2011. 1-2 start. Lost in Western Final
2013. 1-2 start. State Champs
2018. 1-3 start. State Champs

It’s kinda like another Shelby fan said.

I can give you 19 reasons as to
why Shelby can afford to get off to
a slow start.

Top dawgs include Shelby, MC, and Chambers in no particular order. Some programs are excellent, while others are not. It's challenging to decide who is tougher than the other.:(

But consider this;
Shelby Golden Lions

a slow start.
*Slow clap*

• Haha
Reactions: nepsy7 and UNC_91

But consider this;
Shelby Golden Lions

a slow start.
You’re so Juvenile! Nobody’s following a Damn High School football team, like they’re in a Cult. Grow up and get a life. You’re obsessed. Shelby’s administration, probably has a restraining order against you. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Have you ever kissed a girl? 😂

When was the last time Shelby won a State Championship and was clearly the best team in the state and also nationally ranked in the USA Today rankings and such? The reason I ask is, just because you've won the most games or have the most 1A/2A championships, doesn't mean you are hands down the best. Sure, we can label you one of the best programs...... but you cannot just say you're better than everyone else, when clearly you haven't ever been........

Reactions: New3ra and UNC_91
Why do we keep on talking about The Last Time:(? What Have You Done For Me Lately is the honest topic up for discussion.

You live in the past you get walked down like crest did Shelby last week. Should be some good games this Friday.

Sorry i cant help but respond to this. Nobody in Shelby with a brain thinks we're the best team in the state this year or any previous year. We know that 3a and 4a football is different. The size of the offensive and defensive line alone make it tough for us to consistently compete.

Ware knew this when he scheduled us to play South Pointe. It was solely away for him to get exposure for the school and further his future coaching plans.

We are a very dominant 2a team and some years could possibly complete against some of the bigger schools. Shoot may even win.

Why can't we all admit this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT