ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

Good game with Watauga. They hung in there the best they could. #3 Ebaugh brings
a full game. Dobbins doesn't seem to be the passing threat that I remember from 2
years ago. Minus the rain and a knee injury to Russell (RB), it was a good night.

Agree with you, lots of talent again this year. This program has been loaded year
after year for the past six years. The talent has made up for all the coaching
changes over the last several years. I really think Freedom has 1 or 2 ships if Mike
Helms was still here. I say this because the coaches/system would have stayed
the same with no extra learning curve. That is history, so we must look at
what we have now and hope for the best.

You will be exposed soon enough, You will get your number one seed after you drop the Shelby loss, and even if Crest loses to Shelby (which I don't think they will) you will get smacked around like I smacked your mom and sister around last night. That's what we think of Freedom in Cleveland County. We send our second best team up there in the past 4 years, and they beat you...just wait until number 1 gets a hold of you. In fact, if I was you, I would hope and pray that Crest goes 3AA instead of 3A...or you will be embarrassed. As a matter of fact I hope Crest goes 3AA because it's not as boring.

Crest 91 my friend. Good to hear from you.! Just wanted to remind you that we have
the best RB in the state,,, and a few others to go along with him. As always, would
love to play our buddies from Cleveland. Hope things play out that way.

Crest91 Jeeze dude il be laughing when Shelby blisters the cleavland all stars with the passing attack

Good game with Watauga. They hung in there the best they could. #3 Ebaugh brings
a full game. Dobbins doesn't seem to be the passing threat that I remember from 2
years ago. Minus the rain and a knee injury to Russell (RB), it was a good night.
The coaching staff has handcuffed Dobbins. They don't let him make many decisions anymore. It's make your initial read, then follow through. No improv, which is a big part of the offense they run.

Pats, looking forward to the game this week. Obviously the conference runs through Freedom but South is their last challenge I think. Hoping to see a good game like last year. I know the score wasn't too close but it was a good game. Heard the QB got nicked up a little bit for you guys. Hope it's nothing serious.

The coaching staff has handcuffed Dobbins. They don't let him make many decisions anymore. It's make your initial read, then follow through. No improv, which is a big part of the offense they run.
I can see this. He was harder to defend as a sophomore. Nine times out of ten
when you see that big of a change, it's due to the coaching and not the kid. I did
see where QB Dobbins made a verbal to Campbell and Ebaugh got a LR offer.

Pats, looking forward to the game this week. Obviously the conference runs through Freedom but South is their last challenge I think. Hoping to see a good game like last year. I know the score wasn't too close but it was a good game. Heard the QB got nicked up a little bit for you guys. Hope it's nothing serious.
Likewise cpark171....looking forward to it. As much as I despise the offense SC runs,
they do it better than anyone. You can never take South lightly. If we play Freedom football
we should be ok.... but... if we play Butch Carter ball it could be interesting. Good luck to
you guys!

Forgot to mention..... looking forward to the matchup between Landon Dickerson and
Marcus Hawkins. IMO Dickerson is the best OL in the state!

This is one game that MUST have some FFN coverage. I know everybody an their brother is picking Freedom to win this an odds are they will. ESPACIALLY seeing how South allowed Hickory to put as many points on them as they did an only beat West Caldwell 14-0. Not to mention kept a struggling Alexander Central team in the game. West is improved so I couldn't gage all on that game.

South defenders will have to stay in their lanes an catch some lucky breaks here an there like holding calls etc to stand a chance against Emmons an rest of the Freedom offense.

Will be an interesting game an worth watching but Freedom may just be too much. It will be the Pats toughest game since Shelby.

South may matchup well against Freedom since their better at defending the run. The key for South offense is stay on the blocks an eat clock an most of all NOT get behind.- not a proven team when behind against a strong opponent. Caught lucky breaks against a fast Hibriten team

South may matchup well against Freedom since their better at defending the run. The key for South offense is stay on the blocks an eat clock an most of all NOT get behind.- not a proven team when behind against a strong opponent. Caught lucky breaks against a fast Hibriten team
Very accurate BFR. You hit the nail on the head. South doesn't use/have a second
play clock at their home field, but will be kept honest by Freedom's. This by no means
is a freebie for us if South shows up.

Last edited:
The Freedom/South game should be for the conference title.
Hopefully the gate will reap the $$benefits Friday night. Any
final thoughts/comments on this one??

Get there early for sure, if arriving past 645 prepare to stand near the road an look at a line like a carowinds ride on a Saturday

Reactions: patsfball
Sloppy game from both teams so far. Penalties are killing both teams so far and Freedom had a turnover inside the 5 yard line, on their second drive of the game, which South exhausted 22 plays and a boat load of penalties on both teams to settle for 3 points at the end of the drive.

Watauga 36 Hibriten 22

Watauga never punted threw the ball at will wataugas d played good enough to get enough stops.

I can see this. He was harder to defend as a sophomore. Nine times out of ten
when you see that big of a change, it's due to the coaching and not the kid. I did
see where QB Dobbins made a verbal to Campbell and Ebaugh got a LR offer.
I'm wondering if the coaching staff read my post or not because they definitely let Dobbins play his game against Hibriten. If HHS had of watched any game film from this season, their defense would of been expecting swing passes and counters all day long. Dobbins finally got to air it out and he shined. That's his game though. Hibriten played a great game, I like the new helmet logos, I wasn't sure if they had them last year or not but they were slick.

There new. Hibriten has never done well throwing or defending the pass. Watauga exploited it. Watauga south game should be a good one.

I thought South did good for a qtr and a half. The punts by Dickerson
really hurt South, and lack of overall speed . I really thought Cam Wright
was a little faster than he showed last night. He wasn't a factor at all, on either
side of the ball. QB Weaver shows a lot of spunk! On our end, QB Crawford
really did well and the defense really impressed. Hawkins, Beck, O'neil all
looked great....

Last edited:
So Pats, you got to see both Watauga and South play Freedom. What are your thoughts about who wins that game to get the #1 4A seed out of the conference? I know from scores that Watauga is per usual probably the better offensive team with South being the better defensive team.

So Pats, you got to see both Watauga and South play Freedom. What are your thoughts about who wins that game to get the #1 4A seed out of the conference? I know from scores that Watauga is per usual probably the better offensive team with South being the better defensive team.
I see it going either way. Watauga resurrected a passing game against
Hibriten that looks strong. They haven't used it much this year, but it
is a game changer. I'm not sure if Watauga can stop the running game
of South. I think the OL will have their way with Watauga front. Coaching
strategies will be big in this one. Good Luck to both!

Hibriten couldn't pressure Dobbins if SC can I see them winning pretty easy if not close high scoring game.

Should be an interesting matchup. I think pats got the assessment right, it all encompasses game plans. If Habich allows Dobbins to play his game, it'll be a good game. South has a strong running game and DLine, the misdirection will allow holes in the defense that Dobbins can exploit.

Cheerduck, you must have had the inside scoop on this one. 34-10, you hit it as close as anyone.

Just an old man that follows the games and comes close occasionally. I am curious as to what prompted the double unsportsmanlike penalties on Freedom during the long SC drive in the 2nd quarter. Would you know?

From what ive heard from a kid on the team the defensive thought they had forced a 4th down and raised their hands up to the crowd to get up and the ref viewed it as taunting.

Just an old man that follows the games and comes close occasionally. I am curious as to what prompted the double unsportsmanlike penalties on Freedom during the long SC drive in the 2nd quarter. Would you know?
I know one was for taunting after a big play (sack) from Hawkins. I believe in discipline,
and cannot stand taunting, but disagree with this call. I have seen a lot more than this
get by without even a warning. I think the official was from Hudson! Lol

Last edited:
Being at the game and seeing it before this year I don't like it. Taunting is different from getting the crowd excited. Now it helped the team I was cheering for but I don't like the call. You can't treat waving your hands for the crowd to get up the same as screaming in a kids face that you just sacked him. They could not be farther from each other. Refs...are just refs though. Some may let it slip and others want to take control of the game to let you know who is in charge. But I was laughing more at Freedom getting the sideline warning but South getting the 15 yarder for being too close. I didn't think the refs were good that night at all. Either way.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Area officials sometimes have trouble in big games..... they are more nervous
than the players :)

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Freedom/Hibriten game? With the exception of last season
these two normally match up well.

Hopefully we can keep it respectable unlike last year. Last year we had around 30 yds of offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT