ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

On a serious note - what in the world is going on at N-Conover?
I really thought you guys would be competing for conference this
season.

season.
Including this year we have not beaten a single team with a winning record in three years. None. One playoff win in soon to be six years. Defense has given up 40 to 52 points in 4 of the last 5 games. No leadership on the field in many years.

All those intelligent kids who did the dirty work- block and tackle don't come out from middle school up. We will not win again until the smart kids come back to the program.

season.
Including this year we have not beaten a single team with a winning record in three years. None. One playoff win in soon to be six years. Defense has given up 40 to 52 points in 4 of the last 5 games. No leadership on the field in many years.

All those intelligent kids who did the dirty work- block and tackle don't come out from middle school up. We will not win again until the smart kids come back to the program.
A feeling that Coach is looking........

Freedom will need an epic performance after that South Caldwell win by Saint. Better get that team fired up. Who would have ever thought St. Stephens would be the pride of Catawba County. A 6-5 team. Gooooo Indians.

Lol. Very happy for St Stephen's success this year. It sure is a different
day in Catawba County. Must be a softer generation down there!

yep, all those rich spoiled kids from the 70's that spent their time
playing the Atari instead of ball'n. The fruits of their childhood
is now on the fields of Catawba County school districts. LOL

I can't even imagine what Freedom will do to St. Stephens. I watched them play Maiden. I saw one quality athlete on the field, Spencer Brown. That defense will get pummeled by the Patriots. On the ground, thru the air- nasty. Keep the ambulance warmed up. This could be painful.

Hibriten vs Patton is actually going to be an important and probably close game.
Yes. I think it is more important to Hibriten for playoff seeding but
also a must win for Patton. From what I've seen the panthers are
2 td's better.... that is the Hibriten Panthers.

If South Caldwell goes 4AA they most likely will get a team out of Charlotte in the first round.

Ouch! We balled them pretty easily, but 4A Charlotte might totally do away with
South completely.
Even a Charlotte 13 seed would be tough going for South. Next alignment might or should include Watauga, South, McDowell, and Alexander Central. Those are the only 4A teams west of Lake Norman. It would be a soft conference but at least they would be close in ADM.

Even a Charlotte 13 seed would be tough going for South. Next alignment might or should include Watauga, South, McDowell, and Alexander Central. Those are the only 4A teams west of Lake Norman. It would be a soft conference but at least they would be close in ADM.
I agree with both..... tough for South either way and these four belong in a conference
together. Not sure which other teams would fit. TC Roberson if they stay 4A. This would
be one soft conference. Not being cruel, but you could take an all star team from these 5
and still not compete with Charlotte area teams.

I agree with both..... tough for South either way and these four belong in a conference
together. Not sure which other teams would fit. TC Roberson if they stay 4A. This would
be one soft conference. Not being cruel, but you could take an all star team from these 5
and still not compete with Charlotte area teams.
I'm not so sure Watauga will be 4A next year. According to last year's ADMs, Watauga had the lowest of any 4A school so there's a good possibility they drop to 3AA.

I'm not so sure Watauga will be 4A next year. According to last year's ADMs, Watauga had the lowest of any 4A school so there's a good possibility they drop to 3AA.
The football numbers are low at Watauga considering they are a 4A school.
Any idea why no more kids are coming out there?

The football numbers are low at Watauga considering they are a 4A school.
Any idea why no more kids are coming out there?
Well, to be quite honest, a lot of kids that are great athletes and have the moxy to play football have responsibilities with family farms. I know when I went through, there were a lot of guys that just had to help their families. The numbers are down this year though,even for Watauga. Just don't be surprised when Watauga is a 3A school next fall.

TC Roberson will be 3a in 2017

TC Roberson, Watauga and Alexander will probably all be 3A, thanks to the 20-30-30-20 format. South Caldwell and McDowell will be on a 4A island and will probably be the only 2 4A teams in the NW3A/4A.

How about those three Fred T Foard kids who quit the team robbing the little lady at gun point? Sad stuff. On the news right now.

Seen that score. Big surprise.
Watauga 62- 19 over Hickory last I heard.
That was the final. Hickory has some good athletes just seemed like they couldn't get anything to click after the first quarter. We stayed til Watauga scored on their first drive of the 3rd quarter, then took the little one home. Watauga and South had similar scores, setting up the finale in style. Hickory could use some direction, but they're right on the edge of being an alright team. Sad to see the program have gone so far down the tube.

Patton 22 Hibriten 20 smh

Beamer24, did you go to this game? What is going on with Hibriten? They hurt themselves with turnovers vs South, Watagua aired the ball out on them, Freedom result was expected, but to lose to Patton, I know they are better this year, it still is a shock.

Well, to be quite honest, a lot of kids that are great athletes and have the moxy to play football have responsibilities with family farms. I know when I went through, there were a lot of guys that just had to help their families. The numbers are down this year though,even for Watauga. Just don't be surprised when Watauga is a 3A school next fall.
Much respect for young men helping on family farms. Glad we still have some country
to farm! Good look with South.....should be a good game.

Beamer24, did you go to this game? What is going on with Hibriten? They hurt themselves with turnovers vs South, Watagua aired the ball out on them, Freedom result was expected, but to lose to Patton, I know they are better this year, it still is a shock.

Yes I did. 2 1st half fumbles by hibriten gave Patton 22-6 halftime lead. Hibriten scored 2 2nd half tds missed 1 2 pt conversion. and held Patton scoreless. Threw an int in end zone to end game. Honestly the teams were pretty evenly matched and no offense to Patton but that doesn't say much for HHS.

Yes I did. 2 1st half fumbles by hibriten gave Patton 22-6 halftime lead. Hibriten scored 2 2nd half tds missed 1 2 pt conversion. and held Patton scoreless. Threw an int in end zone to end game. Honestly the teams were pretty evenly matched and no offense to Patton but that doesn't say much for HHS.
This really puts Hibriten in a tough spot come playoffs.

Anyone sitting in the 90s would see all this in a crystal ball back then an fall flat on their backs lol. Watauga whooping people, hickory bad losing record, Saint with a winning record, South Caldwell with a turnaround an on a winning streak against West!! Wow.

Couldn't foresee ever, Watauga stomping Hickory that bad. Most years it was an would have been in other way around.

I didn't see South losing to Saint like that espacially after taking Maiden to the woodshed who took St to the woodshead. Expect Carter an crew to be ready for the pioneers this Friday. South usually always plays Watauga pretty close no matter what the record. I'd watch this one if I didn't feel EB had a chance against Kings Mtn.

South will be back next year with around the same kinda record. East Burkes success this year, compared to past few years will be short lived unfortunately.

This is Burkeforreal signing off this morning with my 2 cents. Wishing everyone a wonderful day in the Lord. Stay dry fellas.

Yep Patton will get 2nd place 3A seed. Hibriten has to beat hickory and hope for WC spot. Then they'll get to play Freedom, West Rowan or the like.
3A West looks rather soft. We know from last year that on any given night
that means nothing. Freedom should be set up for a nice run... at least on
paper.

Anyone sitting in the 90s would see all this in a crystal ball back then an fall flat on their backs lol. Watauga whooping people, hickory bad losing record, Saint with a winning record, South Caldwell with a turnaround an on a winning streak against West!! Wow.

Couldn't foresee ever, Watauga stomping Hickory that bad. Most years it was an would have been in other way around.

I didn't see South losing to Saint like that espacially after taking Maiden to the woodshed who took St to the woodshead. Expect Carter an crew to be ready for the pioneers this Friday. South usually always plays Watauga pretty close no matter what the record. I'd watch this one if I didn't feel EB had a chance against Kings Mtn.

South will be back next year with around the same kinda record. East Burkes success this year, compared to past few years will be short lived unfortunately.

This is Burkeforreal signing off this morning with my 2 cents. Wishing everyone a wonderful day in the Lord. Stay dry fellas.
Expect a low scoring Watauga/SC score. Which ever team can own the time of possession wins the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT