ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

Titus Tucker is still qb for west idk what cpark171 watched but west played freedom well freedom scored 2 times and west drove all the way to the 5 yard line on freedom and had a few penilties to back them up and not to mention west only played their starters a few snaps against freedom. In freedom 1st scrimmage they looked ok but i didnt understand all the direct snaps they had. defense looked pretty bad just like they did in the 1st round last year.

Bout 21 hrs to them Golden Lions rolling into Freedom. ...
Buckle up them chin straps....the boys are comming to play..
Cans Freedoms D hang with a poweful Shelby offense...Can Shelbys D slow BJ Freedoms rb....getting closer to time

Coach struggles to stay with one offense. As soon as we have a few bad plays
in one set, we change formations. As long as Emmons is here to hand to,
pitch to, or throw to, we'll be ok.

This years Shelby team looks to be more explosive then last...Lost lost on D line but look very fast on both sides..cant wait to see how they respond to Emmons...

This years Shelby team looks to be more explosive then last...Lost lost on D line but look very fast on both sides..cant wait to see how they respond to Emmons...
I agree, Shelbyfan. Good first test of the season right out of the gate. Emmons is a workhorse, but I'd be careful to not get sucked into the run game too much. The transfer from Hickory and Freedom's preexisting backfield could be a deadly combo for some defenses this year.

Icard...the scrimmage I watched was the same as you. I've coached football. I know the difference in a scrimmage and how some teams take it a little more seriously than others. Freedom didn't even seem to rush the QB. West is improved. I already stated that. I think they will surprise a lot of people but let's not argue that they are a team that would compete for 4 quarters with Freedom.

Predictions for tonights games

South Caldwell over Bandys by 30
Shelby over by Freedom by 15
Alexander over Watauga by 5
Maiden over Foard by 35
Hibriten over EB by 21
Tuscola over Patton by 25
Statesville over Hky by 20
St. Stephens over W. Iredell by 11

Icard...the scrimmage I watched was the same as you. I've coached football. I know the difference in a scrimmage and how some teams take it a little more seriously than others. Freedom didn't even seem to rush the QB. West is improved. I already stated that. I think they will surprise a lot of people but let's not argue that they are a team that would compete for 4 quarters with Freedom.

Predictions for tonights games

South Caldwell over Bandys by 30
Shelby over by Freedom by 15
Alexander over Watauga by 5
Maiden over Foard by 35
Hibriten over EB by 21
Tuscola over Patton by 25
Statesville over Hky by 20
St. Stephens over W. Iredell by 11
Cpark - I haven't looked at Bandy's this year,,, are they that bad??
I see in South the same thing I see every year... big, strong, slowwwww
South Caldwell is simply to slow to compete with quick, athletic teams.

Bands got torched in the scrimmage with south Iredell snd South Point but those are 2 good 3A teams.

Burkeforreal - I was about to send a bounty hunter after you. Glad you're back.

Yup, the Burke is back an ready to rumble some smack talk. Glad to see my fellow Burke rednecks are on the scene as usual. Look for me man I'll have a black Carolina Panther hat on an blue tshirt sitting on right side of press box toward the highway if u wanna swing by for a fist bump an a welcome. How's the parking an seating??

Looks like cpark wiffed hard on the AC over Watauga score. Look out for the pioneers, their offense is fiesty. Defense has some speed.

I did whiff on that one but I didn't do all that bad. The EB and Hibriten score surprised me. I saw South and Bandys..Bandys is not a good football team this year. All I can tell you. Maybe Watauga is better than I thought. It honestly was more of me thinking AC was a pretty good team. I'll take that one

I did whiff on that one but I didn't do all that bad. The EB and Hibriten score surprised me. I saw South and Bandys..Bandys is not a good football team this year. All I can tell you. Maybe Watauga is better than I thought. It honestly was more of me thinking AC was a pretty good team. I'll take that one

Yeah I thought EB would take that one. From reading the newstopic it sounds like this is a huge rebuilding year for Hibriten an not to expect many wins. Who knows maybe their better than the coach gave em' credit for/ EB just isn't that spectacular no matter who is coaching. Brown is the man but he can run pass or make the tackles for them

It's an uphill battle for the Cavs from here on out. Maybe they'll get something going an beat a few teams.

I attended the Freedom showdown last night. I gotta say, the I-formation just ain't doing em' justice. But the competition they'll face from here til playoffs it'll work fine. Shelby just too fast for the I to work an only other team that can possibly limit it is South. That game will be a rumble in Motown but other than that find ya a better game if ur an area game hopper like myself.

It's an uphill battle for the Cavs from here on out. Maybe they'll get something going an beat a few teams.

I attended the Freedom showdown last night. I gotta say, the I-formation just ain't doing em' justice. But the competition they'll face from here til playoffs it'll work fine. Shelby just too fast for the I to work an only other team that can possibly limit it is South. That game will be a rumble in Motown but other than that find ya a better game if ur an area game hopper like myself.
That's a pretty bold statement after only the first game of the year.

Spread option and Freedom is an excellent offense. Gotta make use of the backfield with less defenders. Speed kills.

I listened to some of Hib Eb game. Hib had 5 turnovers EB had a bunch as well. EB didn't have a kicker and Hibriten is essentially playing all Jr's and Soph's.

I'd say conference is Freedoms to lose with Watauga and maybe South in the mix.

That's a pretty bold statement after only the first game of the year.

Well after Wataugas game last night an considering Alexander has their years they are never a pushover or a team to sleep on by no means but the Mtn boys made me alittle bit of a believer.

Perhaps South won't be the only competitive game Freedom has. Good to be commenting with ya again Doss. Been a while. Keep this camp meeting in your prayers that I'm going to tonight. U are a good fball commenter but also I do remember best of all that u are a man of faith.

I listened to some of Hib Eb game. Hib had 5 turnovers EB had a bunch as well. EB didn't have a kicker and Hibriten is essentially playing all Jr's and Soph's.

I'd say conference is Freedoms to lose with Watauga and maybe South in the mix.

That number 15 from East Burke is a heck of a player.

Spread option and Freedom is an excellent offense. Gotta make use of the backfield with less defenders. Speed kills.
We preached this all last year. It is very hard to watch BJ treated like a fullback.
All the speed this team has and we bunch em up like mighty-mites! I think after
last night, the folks that matter were finally scratching their heads and.......

Well after Wataugas game last night an considering Alexander has their years they are never a pushover or a team to sleep on by no means but the Mtn boys made me alittle bit of a believer.

Perhaps South won't be the only competitive game Freedom has. Good to be commenting with ya again Doss. Been a while. Keep this camp meeting in your prayers that I'm going to tonight. U are a good fball commenter but also I do remember best of all that u are a man of faith.
I'll definitely keep your camp in my prayers. Keep up God's work and you'll never be disappointed. Kinda miss the older conference days with EB and McDowell.

Freedom definitely is the front runner, even this early in the season. Scoring 28 points on Shelby is no easy feat, I don't care how much of a down season they're having.

I watched the football friday night highlights, are those all red and white Freedom uniforms new? I really like those. Watauga has some new get ups this season as well.

We preached this all last year. It is very hard to watch BJ treated like a fullback.
All the speed this team has and we bunch em up like mighty-mites! I think after
last night, the folks that matter were finally scratching their heads and.......

Questionable offensive strategy for sure.I know there may not be enough footballs to share in that backfield, but with the talent the Patriots have they need to spread it around.If not, there will be some bad decisions made with the ball.

I'll definitely keep your camp in my prayers. Keep up God's work and you'll never be disappointed. Kinda miss the older conference days with EB and McDowell.

Freedom definitely is the front runner, even this early in the season. Scoring 28 points on Shelby is no easy feat, I don't care how much of a down season they're having.

I watched the football friday night highlights, are those all red and white Freedom uniforms new? I really like those. Watauga has some new get ups this season as well.

They looked new that's for sure

Anything other than spread, option, or combo is completely wrong for this personnel. Mountain power football will win a number of games but the playoff season will end sooner than you wish. Their are high expectations for this team which means more than a conference title and good coaching record.

Reactions: patsfball
This program really needs an offensive coordinator that has experience
with this level of speed/skill position talent. Defense was expected to
be down some this year but offense should be as good. Mountain ball
with this kind of talent will beat the majority on our schedule, but
will be exposed when playing real teams.

What's the status for game day for South Caldwell's top NC recruit defensive and offensive lineman this week. Is he sitting a game or two?

He was disqualified for the game and will be playing this Friday vs. West. No Bandys player was ejected from the game. Dickerson has to keep his cool. I know he is extremely talented but I don't think Carter will put up with much nonsense like Hickory would have.

He was disqualified for the game and will be playing this Friday vs. West. No Bandys player was ejected from the game. Dickerson has to keep his cool. I know he is extremely talented but I don't think Carter will put up with much nonsense like Hickory would have.
Sounds like it's the officials who aren't going to put up with it. I guess
disqualified and ejection is the difference in playing the next week.

South Caldwell needs everyone healthy and eligible to compete with
better than avg teams. Heard they got rocked in pre season game by AC
Reynolds.... 40-0. Haven't verified this but did hear it.

Yeah disqualified is simply just that game but if he was ejected then he would have been done this week for sure and maybe the following game. I know for sure it would have been the next one so he and SC need to thank their lucky stars cause South does need everyone healthy and playing. I went to the Reynolds scrimmage and it was a one sided scrimmage for sure. I'll say that AC Reynolds is a force to be reckoned with this year. That QB they have is a really talented kid. South just couldn't match up with them.Now saying that, they won't play anyone as talented as Reynolds throughout the year until the playoffs if then. Freedom is the only team close but I don't think they use their playmakers like Reynolds so they don't make it as hard on you. But in this conference, you just have to be a pretty good team right now and you'll win games.

You said South won't play anyone as talented as ACR, but Freedom isn't as talented because they don't use their personnel appropriately?

So are you saying that Freedom's team is less talented because they don't use their personnel like you think they should? I don't see how that makes a team any less talented. That's more of a reflection on the coaching staff in my opinion, but I have been wrong before.

Reactions: sparta1
Doss, you seem to have some way to try to spin something each time I say something. Maybe it's just a Watauga thing for me. Freedom is not as talented as ACR. I can say that for sure. Emmons is the best player for sure out of the two teams but top to bottom I would put my money on ACR everyday. Rico Dowdle (ACR QB) is not far behind Emmons in my opinion. I think anyone who knows WNC football knows how good he is. But about what you are trying to say about talent and how they use it Doss...I say ACR has more on both ends of that. And in no way am I talking bad about Freedom. I think they are a good team who wins this conference without a lot of competition. But I'm saying as a South fan, I'm thankful we stopped playing Reynolds in the regular season.

Doss, you seem to have some way to try to spin something each time I say something. Maybe it's just a Watauga thing for me. Freedom is not as talented as ACR. I can say that for sure. Emmons is the best player for sure out of the two teams but top to bottom I would put my money on ACR everyday. Rico Dowdle (ACR QB) is not far behind Emmons in my opinion. I think anyone who knows WNC football knows how good he is. But about what you are trying to say about talent and how they use it Doss...I say ACR has more on both ends of that. And in no way am I talking bad about Freedom. I think they are a good team who wins this conference without a lot of competition. But I'm saying as a South fan, I'm thankful we stopped playing Reynolds in the regular season.
No, I was just trying to clarify so that I have a solid understanding of what you're trying to say. What do you mean, "Maybe it's a Watauga thing"? Are you being derogatory towards me because I'm from Boone?

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I think ACR is one of the more talented teams in the State, but I don't believe how a team uses it's personnel makes them any more or less talented.

No derogatory comments about Boone. I love Boone. I was just giving more of a ribbing because I'm a South fan and being the only 4A schools I feel Watauga is our rival. Nothing more than message board antics.

No derogatory comments about Boone. I love Boone. I was just giving more of a ribbing because I'm a South fan and being the only 4A schools I feel Watauga is our rival. Nothing more than message board antics.
Gotcha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT