ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

I have just learned that Richmond AD and Baseball Coach Young's son was in a bad 4wheeler accident some time over the last 2 weeks. I don't know anything about his injuries or how serious they are. He is also involved in Coaching the baseball team in the conference tournament and the playoffs. I hope all of you will pray for coach young's son and his family to get thru this.

Last edited:
I never said I wanted to coach a team but I will defend myself, @AREGOOD you are you related to the head woman in charge! Also have you ever strapped on the cleats and practice during the hot heated summer and go to County Fair during 2 a days! Richmond has 3 goals but every team has the same goal every august and that is to win the state title not to win 10 or 11 games. I think you need to look at it from a players point of view buddy, if I bust my A$$ for months as well as my team we just don't want to make it to the second and say well boys at least we won 10 games. But back to the Raiders 3 goals, goal #1 go undefeated in the non coference, #2win the conference, and #3 win the state championship! Point blank and simple , realistically do I see Richmond winning the title every year heck no! Mallard Creek, Independence, and Butler has had and will continue to have some juggernaut teams, but we should be in the mix every year and not losing to schools like NW Guilford, Raleigh schools, Jack Britt, and etc. Oh this reminds me you are the individual that thought Hal Shuler was an excellent coach! He was wonderful person to be around but head coach No! ? Coach Kessler was he ever offered the job I would love to see him the the head coach, what about Todd Haggler!

dcov 33, She is married to my cousin, I really do not know her very well. I think I have met her twice and have talked to her less than less than 5 min. total. I have learned more about her person from this discussion than I have in the few years she has been married to my cousin. Professionally I have learned about her from teacher friends of mine who worked with her at the school she was at in Laurel Hill. They all tell me she is a people person. She sets high standards and will do her best to help the students and teachers meet them. They also tell me that she is not a control freak and will let her teachers do their job. While at Laurel Hill her school won national honors for academics.
As for me yes I have strapped on the cleats. I played very little due to my size. I was so little that in this day and time I would not even be allowed to try out. When I played we went to a two week football camp and did three a day practices (two with full gear and one light). It was a very special day when we were allowed to have water at practice. The afternoon practice was three hours. First practice was 6am mid morning was 10 am both lasted for 2 hours. We also had a meeting at night to watch film. My name is on two Co-State championship footballs in the old trophy case which is located at Rockingham Middle School. We were not allowed to play for the state and could only be co- champions. This always has left an unfulfilled goal in my life. I was on the only undefeated football team Bill Eutsler ever had. Coach Eutsler is in the NC sports hall of fame. He was an innovator in high school sports. I played for the man (Eutsler) that set up the athletic program at Richmond. He is the man who set the goals you mention above and also the standards for making sure the teams had the best equipment available. All coaches and Players have the same goals every year in every sport. The only difference here is that if the goal is not met most people are not obsessed with it.

Last edited:
A couple of the former candidates have said the superintendent was professional and outgoing.

I have heard that they have been extremely thorough and cautious. I believe a few people on the committee understand a bad hire here could set the program back many years. A couple of bad seasons and lose a lot of kids and community buying in would be very tough. A bad season is three or more regular season losses, including a bad one to Scotland, and a first or second round playoff exit. That could be very realistic this year regardless who the coach is. The key is not to let it happen more than one season.

@AREGOOD you have my respect, and thank you guys for setting the BAR for my Era and the future Raiders!
Come on D relax...I know U man....#33, RSH running back....I didnt carry the water but I did drink a lot of it.....I would have carried it if the coach said carry it.....Keep pulling for those Raiders and wish them well....I know you are a TRUE RAIDER AT HEART...nuff said....

CT
The magnificent diversity of the Richmond landscapes is equally matched by the breathtaking scenery and rich farming crop facilities. From the gentle rolling hills of Exit 311 to the South Prong Falling Creek, there are trails, routes, hill climbs and water adventures to suit any new and old citizen of all levels. Richmond can be overlooked by hill walkers because they fall short of the magic 100 ft mark, but many offer stunning views and can be very challenging to climb, often a moment never forgotten.

The Richmond hills and creeks will stir your imagination. So if you are a dedicated farmer or someone who prefers the routes amongst the hills, then come and discover the unspoiled wilderness of Richmond's beautiful landscape. But if you prefer the night life, reach out to no other than Richmond High School for a time over the hill, into the trench and without a doubt it is currently a time of waiting for the king of kings to step our on to the podium and into a new direction.

No way, no how that one in there right collective mind could reject, regret the effect of the distress and not even confess or express the event(s) of success.

Enjoy your vacation!

A legit dude told me that legit comment about 1 day or maybe 2 days, actually 1-1/2 days ago. No one knows until now

my name is THE HONORABLE ONE, THE DEAN,AND THE EXALTED LEADER OF ALL NBIANS. NOT DANIEL BOONE. RICHMOND COUNTY WILL AND ALWAYS BE THE LAND THAT ONLY ONLY GOD LOVES. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN EXPLORING THE 1800,S. WALKING DOWN DIRT ROADS OR USING KEROSENE LAMPS, GOING TO THE SILENT MOVIES OR LISTENING TO THE OLD RADIO AND THE LONE RANGER I HAVE no INTEREST IN GOING THRU THE TIME TUNNEL. I AM NOT A WILDERNESS TYPE FELLOW. THANK YOU S2V FOR YOUR INSIGHT ON RICHMOND COUNTY ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE WORKING ON THESIDE IN THE LOCAL RC VISITORS ASSOCIATION, PLEASE POST INFO ON THAT OTHER WILDERNESS LAND. SINCE I AM IN THE EDUCATION FIELD I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SECURE A FIELD TRIP FOR MY KIDS AND EXPLORE THE THE 19TH CENTURY. YOU CAN ONLY LEARN SO MUCH FROM A BOOK. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT FIRST HAND.

Last edited:
I can GUARANTEE YOU RC WILL have a Head Coach IN POSITION BY FRIDAY....Hopefully Thursday......Get the bucket and head to the woods........I really believe things are looking better...., I HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THE COMMITTEE.........RC is full of SURPRISES.......???????.....nuff said....

Who was the three candidate's that they ran off. Beam, King, ?. What happened to D. Barnes, Btango please shed more light about this situation because I heard he wanted the job or at least called about the job........

Yea ran them off by having them move into the county if they dont want to live here then they shouldnt have too!!!! I see this so called search going on for another 3 weeks or so!!

Yea ran them off by having them move into the county if they dont want to live here then they shouldnt have too!!!! I see this so called search going on for another 3 weeks or so!!

If they aren't committed enough to move to Richmond County, why would you think they would stay around very long? We'd just be going through this again in a year or two. I think we'd rather have someone who wants to coach Richmond County Football not just use it for a stepping stone.

That Dillon coach was just a rumor not happining!!!!

I saw this and talked to Coach B today. He said as good an opportunity as the RC football job is, he felt that Coach Boyd had the best shot at the job and he didn't want to apply for it anyway because they are close friends.

Requesting a coach be willing to live in the county is not unreasonable. The coach needs to be vested in the community. Good way to weed out coaches who are unwilling to commit and leave if things get heated. You have a wise superintendent and committee.

yes but it is so cryptic I can't get the "clues!" :(
.Could be a big change.......Suprise......Just pull the string and get it done.......Got my bucket, just not completely headed to the woods just yet....nuff said...

Last edited:
Coach in Havelock let it be known that he was committed to Havelock for this coming season. Do not expect him to leave Havelock for an NC high school job. Get twenty years and go to a "football state" or college assistant job would be his most likely trajectory.

Why has there been so much hesitation in hiring Boyd? Has had a good run as the HC at Dillon.

I meant at Marlboro. Dillon assistant and Coach Boyd got this old man confused a bit.

Last edited:
My bad fellas, I meant Dean Boyd at Marlboro. Had the talk about the Dillon assistant and Boyd going back and forth. If Jackie Hayes (Dillon HC) called up, they would hire him that day.

I'm starting to think maybe even Williams and/or Denson have turned the job down.

Because honestly, why would you drag the process out this long?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT