ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

There it is. This has become U-G-L-Y. Other committee members with more experience should have taken more of a lead in this. They're REALLY reaching now. Desparation rarely breeds anything good.

It's looking like we may have to "settle" for the local guy, which might not be a bad thing at all. I just hope the fans understand.

I really hate to see the Raider faithful go through this gut wrenching process. I never would have thought their search would turn out like this. Deja vu?

Beam turned it down due his wife not wanting to move!!!

This is only part of the equation for why Coach Beam didn't take the job. However, any man with any common sense will consult with his wife before leaping into a potential powder keg. I won't blame Coach Beam's wife for him not accepting the job. Ask any coach who sacrifices the most while they are coaching, and almost every married coach will state that the person would be his wife.

There were some other factors for Coach Beam not taking the position. Even if his wife was on board with the move, I think his chances of accepting the position was 50/50 at best.

Makes you think that maybe there should be an interim coach this season and just start the process over in the winter when there's more time. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: TarheelRaider
I really hate to see the Raider faithful go through this gut wrenching process. I never would have thought their search would turn out like this. Deja vu?
go scots go wash out your mouth with soap. you know you lying. LIAR LIAR SKIRTS OF FIRE

Bad idea. Get on with it. There are some quality coaches ready to say yes.

Compare the number of years they have coaching varsity and coaching football.

I agree there are a couple of coaches that would be great for the job (King or Flowers) and I would love to see either one put their name on the dotted line.

Leadership qualities are as important as years coaching. Just my thought

I agree there are a couple of coaches that would be great for the job (King or Flowers) and I would love to see either one put their name on the dotted line.

Leadership qualities are as important as years coaching. Just my thought

Seems like the committee doesn't want either of them for some reason????

Seems like the committee doesn't want either of them for some reason????

I am certainly not in the know as to whether there are candidates that they don't want but can see where something in a person's background check might not come back the way they want it to. Even if it is just accusations. Not suggesting that is the case with any of the current applicants, just saying, there are reasons we won't be privy to, beyond a coach's ability to coach a team, that might not make him a candidate they would want to hire.

But I sure wish they'd hurry up!!

not a bad idea but.......
How do you pick between Williams and Denson?

That would be an easy decision for me. Williams has been with the program through 12-13 years with 150+ wins and a State Championship. He's been a Coordinator at a couple of different schools and am told he turned a Head job down some years back b/c of his loyalty to the Raider program. I know my son loved playing for him years ago. Truth be told, he probably has more wins under his hat than any they interviewed. Denson may be a fine one coach one day, but he's just getting started.

Williams is a very impressive coach! Teams that coach against him know it. Richmond had an opponent with a player whose father was a Carolina Panther coach. He went on the field and found Williams after the game and said, "your receivers block better than any I have seen and I coach in the NFL."

Heel Yes one of your two favorites are in the mix.

Coach Williams is a no BS type of guy. He won't put up with the prima donnas that are a loud but very small minority of the fan base. In fact, he'd make sure that these prima donnas had no voice whatsoever in the program. He doesn't like whiners and I respect him for that.

Luckily for some of you, you won't have to worry about Coach Williams being the HC right now. The next guy in line has been selected and it's up to him whether he wants to take this job. This guy will add some excitement to the program if he agrees to the conditions of the offer. You should hear an announcement at the end of the week.

Wow! I've heard good things about Williams myself, but that is pretty impressive. The Raiders did / do have a good coaching staff even though they seldom get credit.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Why not King or Flowers; Can someone please tell me why? I have my own assumption but lets see how this cookie will crumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not King or Flowers; Can someone please tell me why? I have my own assumption but lets see how this cookie will crumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both would be great hires. I'm just saying if they can't find a candidate for hire. Just an idea. But it seems to me that there may be one that has accepted the job. Stay tuned.

The flowers deal is the problems that he had in the past, but I'm a believer in 2nd chances!

My sources are saying that they have contacted a successful South Georgia coach that has been catching a lot of heat and looking to move out of the area. He has numerous state championships which is what Richmond County Wants!!!!!!!!!

I saw on CarolinaPreps that 1Twister asked Chris Hughes if he knew anything about this, trust me all the information in the world doesn't pass through him. You guys in Richmond County are about to get shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. topspindaddy66,
Richmond is already in heat and now they are adding / accepting more? Go_Scots did say this is some sort of wrenching process..

Can you please tip the Campbell Soup Beans over and spoon whatever is left Mr. topspindaddy66....

Doutbful Rance Gillespie is taking a $30k paycut to move from Georgia and leaving the GA retirement system but who knows. I am sure his wife and daughter would be a consideration. He may be wanting out of Valdosta but leaving Georgia would be the more difficult part.

He won a couple of state titles at Peach County before coming to Valdosta. Been a little tougher at Valdosta which plays with low numbers in the biggest classification.

I agree but that's the biggest So. GA name I could think of that could want out of his current situation.

The Supt. overstepped her bounds. She is clueless and the Imps that are her Yes-Men are no better. Goodman has made a joke of the whole process.

Time for the School Board to start looking for a New Supt.

The football coaching hasn't been the problem of Richmond County it's the School administration.

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT