ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

This is not the first time a coach has decided not to take the offered position. It has happened in Richmond County with the football program before also.

Regardless of what the administration does people will complain. Too fast, did not move quick enough, they used the wrong criteria, they were not aggressive enough going after coaches, they were too aggressive to offer the job right away, et al. Same everywhere, just more attention where the main focus is the high school and its football program.

This is not the first time a coach has decided not to take the offered position. It has happened in Richmond County with the football program before also.

Regardless of what the administration does people will complain. Too fast, did not move quick enough, they used the wrong criteria, they were not aggressive enough going after coaches, they were too aggressive to offer the job right away, et al. Same everywhere, just more attention where the main focus is the high school and its football program.

Btango, you are absolutely correct. Doesn't matter what they do, someone will say they did it wrong and most often it is someone who has no clue what they did to make the decision or why they had to do it that way.

Reactions: TarheelRaider
Btango, you are absolutely correct. Doesn't matter what they do, someone will say they did it wrong and most often it is someone who has no clue what they did to make the decision or why they had to do it that way.
I agree 100% Twister. Usually it is the same people who caused the issue to begin with. Often the people start stuff for political reasons.

Reactions: araiderfan
We live in such an instant gratification society that wants to only see the baby, but not listen to the labor pains. The Richmond fans are among the best, but the weak sisters are the ones that gives the fan base it's unfair stereotype as a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats.

These folks on the selection committee have many other important things to do. When they wake up each morning, their first priority isn't exactly to find the savior for the program.

Try scheduling a meeting with 8 people. Availability is next to impossible unless the people on the committee do nothing at all during the day.

Patience...it is a virtue.

c60e033bf72930c34ab362ba7f0fb1de.jpg

87469-magic.gif

It already has been, another candidate pulled out.
Now if you found out you were not going to get the job , wouldn;t you go back and say you pulled out....Listen guys , I had the job , but decided to stay here ...Great way to stay close to your team you are going back to.....Maybe work on getting certified...nuff said....

I can tell you that he decided that last night and did not go out and make it public. He may have not been number one but there are a few reasons he no longer felt comfortable with the situation. To those that think the only reason Beam pulled out was due to his wife, you are missing some of the story. Is it now one on the staff and one from outside or is there more going on?

Call up DB and ask him what he was told.

I can tell you that he decided that last night and did not go out and make it public. He may have not been number one but there are a few reasons he no longer felt comfortable with the situation. To those that think the only reason Beam pulled out was due to his wife, you are missing some of the story. Is it now one on the staff and one from outside or is there more going on?

Call up DB and ask him what he was told.

It already has been, another candidate pulled out.
HA , HA, HA, CAN ANYONE ELABORATE AS TOO WHY NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB. OLE CT KNOWS WHY BUT I AIN,T SAYING. GO GO AND HIS BAND OF KILTERS ARE HAVING THE TIMES OF THIER LIFE. BET YOU MISS PAULIE NOW

Last edited:
My understanding is they don't want the job because the superintendent is making unreasonable demands when she offers the job.

My understanding is they don't want the job because the superintendent is making unreasonable demands when she offers the job.
Thats a lot of what I'm hearing.....I really did like the coach we had , BUT he should not have moved out at such a LATE DATE....I really think the best thing at this date is to go in house...Coach Hoggard left a very good staff in my opinion...He put that staff together, and helped mold them...I still go back to 8 is to many......The old way worked great before and should not have been changed..You will never make them all happy even if Barnes , Knotts , or Knute comes in...Somebody will disagree...When you win all is good , when you loose all is the coaches fault...I'm so tired of hearing this passing game bullsh--- , ...The Raiders averaged over 40 a game ......I mean come on....When you pass, 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.....I was happy with what we had.....Unreasonable Demands!!!!!!!!!!!!.......That coach can bring enough income on Friday nights to fund all of the athletic programs at RSH.....Pay the man and give him NO CLASSES....Treat the kids right and win on Friday nights...Yes , I'm in agreement with having a coach the kids like, that goes a long way...But winning is the big gap filler....You win and the kids will luv you .....You loose and things start unraveling....Ok .., I'm through....Just wanted to get some things out...I said be PATIENT, but really time is getting short.....Good luck to my Raiders , They will Prevail in 2015.....We have a great group of Seniors and they will lead us in the right direction....nuff said...

He was told there were NO Mike Thomas, Flip Ellerbe, Oscar Sturgis, Eric Thomas, Michael Waddell, Marcus Ellerbe, Brian Norwood type kids on this team and he said forget that crap. I'm staying retired.

Reactions: araiderfan
Everyone can rest well knowing the Supt has exhausted all means to hire a coach. She should know coaches talk to other coaches and those coaches talk to their families who then talk to their friends and word gets out. Have heard Hales from Butler and Byus from East Lincoln who didn't interview have been contacted. 1 said No & 1 called a buddy to inquire. We still wait.

HA , HA, HA, CAN ANYONE ELABORATE AS TOO WHY NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB. OLE CT KNOWS WHY BUT I AIN,T SAYING. GO GO AND HIS BAND OF KILTERS ARE HAVING THE TIMES OF THIER LIFE. BET YOU MISS PAULIE NOW
CT
The magnificent diversity of the Richmond landscapes is equally matched by the breathtaking scenery and rich farming crop facilities. From the gentle rolling hills of Exit 311 to the South Prong Falling Creek, there are trails, routes, hill climbs and water adventures to suit any new and old citizen of all levels. Richmond can be overlooked by hill walkers because they fall short of the magic 100 ft mark, but many offer stunning views and can be very challenging to climb, often a moment never forgotten.

The Richmond hills and creeks will stir your imagination. So if you are a dedicated farmer or someone who prefers the routes amongst the hills, then come and discover the unspoiled wilderness of Richmond's beautiful landscape. But if you prefer the night life, reach out to no other than Richmond High School for a time over the hill, into the trench and without a doubt it is currently a time of waiting for the king of kings to step our on to the podium and into a new direction.

No way, no how that one in there right collective mind could reject, regret the effect of the distress and not even confess or express the event(s) of success.

Enjoy your vacation!

Last edited:

I might replace the word "demands" with "restrictions", but this comment is pretty much on par. Right now there's a total lack of leadership in the hiring process. When you have one committee member playing the good cop and another committee member playing the bad cop you will end up not earning the coach's trust. A certain level of talking out of both side's of one's mouth can be used collectively with this committee.

No one is tending the ship and the ship is sailing away.

I might replace the word "demands" with "restrictions", but this comment is pretty much on par. Right now there's a total lack of leadership in the hiring process. When you have one committee member playing the good cop and another committee member playing the bad cop you will end up not earning the coach's trust. A certain level of talking out of both side's of one's mouth can be used collectively with this committee.

No one is tending the ship and the ship is sailing away.
I think we can solve this whole Coaching problem by hiring Heel Yes, Earnhart Forever, and Disc. 33 to coach the team. I don't know where the leaks are at at the central office but it is obvious that at least one person on the committee does not like the people who are being offered the job. If the Supt. has a good cop bad cop situation maybe she should just remove the person who is the bad cop. We can not pay the young lady enough to do the job of finding a new football coach. Remember this is Richmond County, We are like a very close large family. We fight constantly among ourselves but you better not jump on one of the Richmond County family members.

When you interview several coaches bits and pieces will get out and people then form their own views. Real or not, true or not, it is often a person's take on the situation and not the way it really is.

On a related note, sources say Monroe Ave. Elementary has a substitute finishing the year teaching a certain grade, just in time for EOG's.

I can understand not focusing on finding a football coach, but leaving students without a teacher is unacceptable.

I think we can solve this whole Coaching problem by hiring Heel Yes, Earnhart Forever, and Disc. 33 to coach the team. I don't know where the leaks are at at the central office but it is obvious that at least one person on the committee does not like the people who are being offered the job. If the Supt. has a good cop bad cop situation maybe she should just remove the person who is the bad cop. We can not pay the young lady enough to do the job of finding a new football coach. Remember this is Richmond County, We are like a very close large family. We fight constantly among ourselves but you better not jump on one of the Richmond County family members.

Why don't we hire you on the staff? You would match well with the other prima donnas you mentioned.

On a related note, sources say Monroe Ave. Elementary has a substitute finishing the year teaching a certain grade, just in time for EOG's.

I can understand not focusing on finding a football coach, but leaving students without a teacher is unacceptable.

"Dangerboytwelve that would not surprise me a bit. It is almost impossible to get teachers with what the State is paying them. Those that have enough time in are retiring just as early as they can.Not enough pay, too many politicians involved, the kids are over tested,and it is the teacher's fault. The politicians are saying to fire the teachers if students don't do well on test ect. Thats funny when you consider we are having a hard time finding teachers as it is. On the other hand RCS are in good shape teacher wise compared to some other systems around the state that can pay a lot more money. I don't know the details, or how long the teacher has been out of the classroom but it could be because she( if it is a she) is expecting or the teacher may have reached retirement with out having to finish the year. The teacher also could have taken another job or their spouse was transferred. A lot of reasons to lose a teacher. In either case it would be hard to find a certified teacher this late in the year. Some times they can get a retired teacher to do what is called an interim to finish the year but not always.

Reactions: Steelers71
Why don't we hire you on the staff? You would match well with the other prima donnas you mentioned.

Earnhardt Forever, If you will read my earlier post you will see that I said I know nothing about Coaching and could not possibly know how to average winning over 10 games a year. I just thought that some of you that know so much could win 15 games almost every year.

I never said I wanted to coach a team but I will defend myself, @AREGOOD you are you related to the head woman in charge! Also have you ever strapped on the cleats and practice during the hot heated summer and go to County Fair during 2 a days! Richmond has 3 goals but every team has the same goal every august and that is to win the state title not to win 10 or 11 games. I think you need to look at it from a players point of view buddy, if I bust my A$$ for months as well as my team we just don't want to make it to the second and say well boys at least we won 10 games. But back to the Raiders 3 goals, goal #1 go undefeated in the noncoference, #2win the conference, and #3 win the state championship! Point blank and simple , realistically do I see Richmond winning the title every year heck no! Mallard Creek, Independence, and Butler has had and will continue to have some juggernaut teams, but we should be in the mix every year and not losing to schools like NW Guilford, Raleigh schools, Jack Britt, and etc. Oh this reminds me you are the individual that thought Hal Shuler was an excellent coach! He was wonderful person to be around but head coach No! ? Coach Kessler was he ever offered the job I would love to see him the the head coach, what about Todd Haggler!

Both were offered the job and declined.....Hal Shuler was a VERY GOOD COACH AND EVEN BETTER PERSON......I take it U played when he was the coach and maybe didnt make it as a starter.......Heck. I'll take winning 11 games a year and be Happy...and Hopefully slip a Championship every 8-10 years....With Close to 100 4A-AA schools competing for the same prize, those are pretty good numbers...One mistake can cost a team a playoff win...Remember it's still 16-18 year old kids playing a very PHYSICAL , DEMANDING GAME.....Kids in some counties move around to what they think is the best place to WIN.....In RC they dont have that option.......We play with what we have..........We are in the hunt EVERY YEAR AND HAVE BEEN FOR QUIET A WHILE.....Our Seniors will carry us again this year .........The Raiders will be ready when the lights come on...Coming to Raiderville will not be a fun night........Good luck to our next head coach, whoever it may be......99% of the people of RC will be behind you........nuff said..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT