ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

I'm not a Mitchell fan but I think this win is going to your head. Hopefully it doesn't do the same to the team.
From what I experienced at the girls basketball game there last year and what was allowed to be said by administrators this is par for the course…I and others will be setting on the home side this year right by the student section this year. When kids are allowed to threaten to rape kids after the game and nothing is done well that’s setting the standard from the top down. That being said I have nothing for that administration at all.

Well do I think the team that went toe to toe with Watauga without their QB is 35 points not as good as Draughn no in the Watauga game I thought they finally woke up and came together but tonight looked like a different team they were disembulated out of position on both sides of the ball stupid penalties you shouldn't see the time of year they seemed more together the first game of the year when you supposed to make those type of mistakes. I know they lost some good players from last year especially on D but I've seen them lose more and still play good the next year, I don't know what's going on.
That said I disagree with some on here if Draughn & Andrews meet in a playoff game I'll pick Draughn they're just a good team like I said talent wise 35 points better Mitchell no shouldn't be but I believe they'll do well in the playoffs.

One other thing some seem to think they have come into these games cocky and they might have been a little in the first half of McDowell game and they got chewed out about it at halftime but since then except for some reason the Watauga game they actually at like they lack confidence.
Another thing since I've been on here I've seen the like sign or wow emoji on the scores threads for when a there's an upset or something but never seen laugh emoji on scores before to me that's just low class I guess maybe they're mad about Mitchell beating their team last year or something or hate Mitchell over stupid fight with a Mitchell fan over stupid stuff but we don't play kids do and maybe I'm wrong but that just seems like you're laughing at them.

A friend told me today that I should get a cane with a sword but I said a retired HP friend of mine told me that's illegal it's a concealed weapon. But there's a 1 million volt taser cane you can get on Amazon but that I shouldn't get one because the thing is in Mitchell county it's not liking I would ever need it and the thing is just out of meanness I'd want to try it on someone case in point like tonight and the man in front of me sitting on our side pulling for , yelling and cheering for Draughn 🙃 😅

Last edited:
Old I guess you haven’t seen the laugh emoji from some of your posters then. They do it all the time

Reactions: Jmappfan5
As usual the line gets no credit but I’m sure this is where the game was won. I knew Draughn had talent but I knew the line of Draughn would be a problem for Mitchell. As far the the rest of the WHC Mitchell has the advantage there, so they won’t lose another game in the WHC

I had decided once y’all lost to Draughn I was gonna get on here and laugh and dawg y’all etc but I know how it feels and it just isn’t cool. I’m sorry you guys had such high hopes for your team which you should have. You have so many guys back but these are kids and we as adults put too much emphasis on these guys. It’s hard to live up to the hype every year. Y’all have had a great run of late. Nothing to hang your head about. Some of you could be a little more humble and respectful but some of you guys seem like good people. Anyway you will win the rest of the WHC and finish second and start the playoff season on a roll so who knows

From what I experienced at the girls basketball game there last year and what was allowed to be said by administrators this is par for the course…I and others will be setting on the home side this year right by the student section this year. When kids are allowed to threaten to rape kids after the game and nothing is done well that’s setting the standard from the top down. That being said I have nothing for that administration at all.
That junk should never be allowed Glad we live where we do

Reactions: 97Cougar
Worst part about Mitchell losing is no western sizzlin for me this playoff season since they will be on the road most likely lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Heritage beat em reminds me of 06 most over hyped bunch since then
Love my Cougs and still admire the Mitchell program. MH might give Mitchell a fight but me think Mitchell will be ready to knock us down. Mitchell always play MH hard and I think that game will stir up that Mitchell pride.

Mitchell will finish the regular season 7-3 with their losses to 3 really good teams.

The Morning After: My thoughts on last nights game after watching the film. Mitchell had a really good game plan coming into the game by playing zone and limiting Draughns QB's throwing lanes. Coming into the game he was leading the conference in TDS (Passing 16, rushing 6) so it was wise to take his throwing away and force them to run. The only problem with that is our line does a really good job blocking and we have 2 really good RBS so playing zone opened the door for a ground and pound night. Mitchells offense and line did a really good job throughout the night but there was simply too much fire power on the other side and a shootout high scoring game really favors Draughn in any matchup. Looking ahead Mitchell and Draughn should run the table the rest of the way.

I maybe wrong but I believe the Mitchell drive were they scored but got a illegal procedure penalty then would have scored again but got a illegal motion then probably would have scored again but got an unsportsman like conduct that put it out of reach and for some reason didn't kick the field goal was the turning point. If they had scored a TD it would have been 14-14 and at that point it was a back and forth , I'm not saying Mitchell would have or anything but I believe it would have been a much closer game but not scoring was a 14 point swing and a big momentum shift that Draughn just feed on you could see their conference just go up and Mitchell's go down and they just really started playing sloppy.
But penalties like that especially the unsportsman which really bothers me is undisciplined you might not have some of the talent you had the year before but you can still have discipline ball infact then you need it more that's been an issue this year that bugs me and something you usually don't see from a Pittman team.

I'm not a Mitchell fan but I think this win is going to your head. Hopefully it doesn't do the same to the team.
I'm not a Mitchell fan either. I can't believe draughn won like that. Mitchell has to be down because drawn can't be that much better. I'd say you let them bring their smack talking into the playoffs. Against the robbinsville or an Andrews or a Mount airy. Who is probably the king of smack talking. They'll be going home 62 to 7:00 like they did last year. Take it on a Mitchell team that is down That's good. And I'd probably say I guess Mitchell is not as athletic as they were last year. Anyway drone good win.

I maybe wrong but I believe the Mitchell drive were they scored but got a illegal procedure penalty then would have scored again but got a illegal motion then probably would have scored again but got an unsportsman like conduct that put it out of reach and for some reason didn't kick the field goal was the turning point. If they had scored a TD it would have been 14-14 and at that point it was a back and forth , I'm not saying Mitchell would have or anything but I believe it would have been a much closer game but not scoring was a 14 point swing and a big momentum shift that Draughn just feed on you could see their conference just go up and Mitchell's go down and they just really started playing sloppy.
But penalties like that especially the unsportsman which really bothers me is undisciplined you might not have some of the talent you had the year before but you can still have discipline ball infact then you need it more that's been an issue this year that bugs me and something you usually don't see from a Pittman team.
I can’t put my finger on it. I still think Mitchell is a big threat down the road. They have the size and strength, speed, passing game and experience. Best of luck the rest of the way

Draughn sent message to everyone in 1A they are real deal.
I don't think they send a message to anybody. Doesn't sound like Mitchell did a whole lot of blitzing. It does not sound like those Lyman got ran over like they did last year. All you got to do against that kid is play man and get to him. He'll go down. Sorry that Mitchell didn't do it. With all the smack that kid talks it would have been nice.

Those kids from Draughn were sophomores last year in critical roles and are now Juniors. I believe they just took a big leap in the off season and they will undoubtedly be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs. Keep dreaming pal

Reactions: Sammci
He hasn’t been sacked by anyone this year. Nobody! Mitchell has a good team. It’s not a physical thing with them. It’s a mental/leadership issue. I’m a little surprised. Maybe they thought things would come easier than they have. They need to go back to the drawing board

I can’t put my finger on it. I still think Mitchell is a big threat down the road. They have the size and strength, speed, passing game and experience. Best of luck the rest of the way
I can't put my finger on it ether. It has been an issue with the QB getting hurt and a game against a good passing team he probably played even some on D if not injured plus a starting DB out with a broken leg didn't help. But it's more then the injuries and who graduated ,I believe maybe if they haven't already the players without coaches or anyone there need to get together and sort it out because I really don't think it's from a lack of talent.

First, congratulations to Draughn. Heck of a game you all played.
Second, Sometimes things just don’t work the way they are planned. For whatever reason Mitchell has just not jelled. I know what purple says about no leadership. I am sure that has something to do with it. Those seniors from last year obviously brought more than most folks realize. However, for the past several years Mitchell has been able to replace and go forward. Just hasn’t happened yet.
Third, no doubt people are going to start blaming coaches and want changes. But come on things happen.
Fourth, defense is a HUGE concern moving forward. Mitchell must figure this out if they want to see round 2 or 3 of the playoffs. I still feel pretty good about the offense but when you have to score every possession it gets tough.
Fifth, I will continue to show up and wear purple and support this team the same as all the others over the years. Regardless if 1-9 or 10-0 they are still MOUNTAINEERS.
Last, call me an idiot I don’t care but that Draughn offense could be Really Really special next year. Heck they are there this year but next year I can see them making a DEEP run.

Go Mountaineers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT