ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Playoff Scores

Watauga 76 South Iredell 34
Lake Norman 81 Cuthbertson 36
Hickory Ridge 55 West Cabarrus 39

Last edited:
West Rowan 74 Central Cabarrus 27
West Rowan advances to play NW Cabarrus in the 2nd rd

Regarding the Freedom win last night, this is the eighteenth year-18-that the Lady Patriots have won at least one playoff game! In other words, by next season none of the girls on the team would have been born the last time the Lady Pats failed to advance past the first round.
I was at the boy's home game last night and I will probably follow the boys to Monroe on Friday (they have the opportunity to secure a winning season, while the girls already have) but I have to say that they have maintained a great tradition, even if they might not be completely satisfied with their record.
Tradition never graduates and every player who passes through a program helps to maintain it-even if they don't win championships.

I expected Freedom to win that game. Even though their record isn’t as impressive as some other teams, they’ve played a tough schedule and always have a traditionally strong team.
N Davidson was also down compared to the last few years.
Good luck to Freedom in the next round.

The Northwestern 3A/4A and Foothills 2A Conferences showed up as expected with 5 teams each moving to the 2nd round.

I looked at the 2A NW and they have some tough games coming up it seems like.
  • 16 West Wilkes @ 1 North Wilkes - They've played twice and NW won by 24 & 10
  • 13 East Surry @ 4 CSD - They've both played and beat Wilkes Central with similar results. They also both played North Iredell, while both lost the CSD vs NI game was a lot closer than ES & NI.
  • 11 North Surry @ 6 Salisbury - Salisbury seems to be a decent team with a win over North Rowan but then also lost to them 3 other times. NS split with North Wilkes, beat Ashe County twice (2nd place in 3A/4A Northwestern), but also lost a couple tough games in their conference.
  • 15 Forbush @ 2 East Rutherford - Forbush split with North Surry and North Wilkes (but lost to East Surry twice so finished 4th in that conference). East Rutherford seems pretty stout though.

2nd Round games to watch:
1A Albemarle/Union Academy- 4 times against any team can be a challenge
2A Salisbury/N Surry- Salisbury is a traditionally tough program but a little “down” this year. N Surry has played a challenging schedule
2A Forbush/ERutherford
2A E Surry/CSD
3A Hibriten/Cramer. Hibriten has played a tough schedule as well and wouldn’t be surprised to see an upset
4A Watauga/N Meck. Pretty touch matchup for the 2nd round

Watauga/Independence boys should be good game also. Might be best doubleheader of the night the 2 watauga games... Anyone else hosting 2 games... I know bishop mcguinness is hosting 2 easy wins again... Anyone else?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
2nd Round games to watch:
1A Albemarle/Union Academy- 4 times against any team can be a challenge
2A Salisbury/N Surry- Salisbury is a traditionally tough program but a little “down” this year. N Surry has played a challenging schedule
2A Forbush/ERutherford
2A E Surry/CSD
3A Hibriten/Cramer. Hibriten has played a tough schedule as well and wouldn’t be surprised to see an upset
4A Watauga/N Meck. Pretty touch matchup for the 2nd round
If Holland and Womack are hitting from the perimeter Stuart Cramer is hard to beat. If they are cold they become very mediocre with very few scoring threats aside from those (2). Nonetheless, if they have hot hands they can beat anyone.

Any word on North Rowan game? 4:43 left and this one is over….Bishop up big

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT