ADVERTISEMENT

Game Updates

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Will be running through the evening.,

Elkin and North Moore are tied at 7. Took North Moore all of 3 plays to score to start; they about ran the kickoff back then scored in 2. Elkin drove down to tie it. They are having a hard time figuring NM's offense out.

I'm enjoying it though the razzle dazzle from NM is quite fun to watch.

21-7 North Moore with 9 Minutes left in the 2nd.. NM's wing back just drove for a TD from 10 yards out with 3 or 4 of Elkin's kids wrapped around him 🤣

NM just recovered a pooch kick on the kickoff and Elkin didn't even try to dive for it. Ouch.

NM up now 28-7 6 minutes until halftime.

Elkin needs some kind of points soon or else they will have a tough road ahead.

Would north Moore be an east team in the playoffs? MaxPreps has them as an east team and they are right around the line between East and West.

Is North Moore that much improved, or is Elkin that down this year?

Both. North Moore runs that offense like a thing of beauty. D wise they ain't great but they are very physical and love to play.

Elkin has 3 main problems: 1. Super low depth (only 18-20 kids,) 2. Lost their best athlete to a transfer, 3. Defense is terrible. They will have a rough year from the way it looks. Offense wise they rely on their QB too much which isn't good. Without the kid they lost they have no dimension to their offense.

Cherokee 13-0
Five minutes remain 1st Q.

Last edited:
East Wilkes holds strong at the goal line with a huge stop and ES goes on to miss the easy kick. Took 6 minutes off the clock.

I did too; Spectrum's guide had it and then upped popped East's press box and I was like "nice!" They have an excellent view of the field as well.
I will say this, I have been all over this state for football games and in my mind, there is not a more beautiful view from that visitors sideline at East Wilkes. Looking right at the Blue Ridge mountains.

I will say this, I have been all over this state for football games and in my mind, there is not a more beautiful view from that visitors sideline at East Wilkes. Looking right at the Blue Ridge mountains.

We were gonna play them week 2 or 3 on our first non conference schedule back when we were in the NW before they put us in the Foothills. I hate we lost them because I agree it's gorgeous there. We had a 7 on 7 there in 2017 and was amazed by it.

The N Stokes/Chatham Central game has announcers to it.. wow. Didn't know NFHS could do that lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT