ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I expected it to be announced by now. There may have been a change on this. Nothing to do with BOE.

I heard something today. I can't tell you what I heard but I have no doubt it is true. If what I heard is indeed true it will shift the entire conversation. This is bigger than big. There is so much hanging in the balance for so many people it is so hard to believe. But life is about to change big time.

Don't tell me you have joined up with btango and nipit Foot. Now we have 3 posters dangling information in front of us. Next we'll be playing show and tell. Think I'll go watch a war movie. By the way today is the 70th anniversity of VE day in WW2.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Think someone told me that he wouldn't take it for just one more year not knowing if Albemarle will be open next year. Can't say as I blame him. I think this is another casualty you can lay on the school board.

Thats the big news? hc resigned? big deal i thought they were closing the school

As far as football goes they might as well close the school, KW. No one left on staff to take the job. At this late date who would want it. This could be the end of Albemarle Football. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good.

I have a coach that has been a HC in a state title game, won a non football state title, and an assistant for a recent state title. He will be interested if it is open.

jabr is it official?

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you Doug for what I consider an outstanding job with last years team. First year as a head coach, taking over at a late date and had the team primed for a good playoff run, but that was not to be. Wish you well in your future endeavors and thanks again. Go Dogs.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Seriously nation how do you think the hiring process will go. I know of no one else on staff that works at the school do you? You know we have hired from within since Jack was here. What you think?

That wasn't what I had heard. The rumor I heard was more groundbreaking. It had more to do with Elvis and Area 51.

Gee folks the goings on in Albemarle are better than "as the word turns", "the guiding light", or any soap opera ever. Stay Tuned. lol

I'm not sure how the hiring process will go. I personally believe there will be some good applicants. I don't think it will be somebody without head coaching experience. It will be interesting but I think it will fill quickly.

Albemarle will be fine. Look at Richmond Senior, but I believe they "Fire" coaches instead of them resigning. True Tango?

Who ever it is, I'm sure they will get the job done.

With the excitement coming from nip, btango and foot , I don't think this will be bad news for Albemarle or SS Fans. I hate to see that Doug may have resigned

I was just goofing around Buddy, I hadn't heard any rumors about Albemarle. I hate to hear that about your coach. I really do. With Nipit retiring, Johnson and Jackson leaving, and now this, I think that makes the county 4 for 4 on FB coaches? Sounds like the guy in Rawleigh needs to get involved and start making some laws about they can't leave or something else "to help".

Like Richmond Senior, Albemarle has those Athletes coming out every year. We just don't have as many because We are a 1a School.
I agree follower. These boys need consistency in that program if they get that and somebody that knows how to handle those guys along with skill development and instituting some discipline our football program will once again be great again.

I'm not sure of the details with DT but coming in when he did, under the circumstances he did would be tough for any coach make no mistake about it. He did the best he could with the time and resources he had. Good luck to DT in whatever he decides to do.

First off these coaches in SC need to be paid more. Cutting the supplement was not a good thing and we can all see some of the results of it. Something just run through my head. Think Danny Akins might be interested in coming back. Think he still lives close by and has been commuting to ER. Just a thought. I believe this is still an attractive job and I look for some really good canidates to apply.

Would also give a tip of the hat to the athletes at the school for the last 4 years. 4 different HC's and yet we still made the western finals 3 of those 4 years and could have made it last year except for the forfeit thing. The system that Jack Gaster put in place many years ago is still in place although it has gone through some tough times. One area we have really fallen off in is strength and conditioning. The next coach needs to make this a top priority. The talent is there year after year, but the kids just need some stability in the program.

Albemarle will be fine. Look at Richmond Senior, but I believe they "Fire" coaches instead of them resigning. True Tango?

Who ever it is, I'm sure they will get the job done.

I do not think they have fired a coach, at least not in the 28 or so years. Richmond County is a tough place to be the HFC. One high school in the county and the expectations are huge based on the success they had in the lat 1980's, late 1990's, and the consistency. The last HC went to his home area after about eight years as the HC. He was tired of the BS from outside the school and off the field. A lot of people in Richmond do not understand why they are not winning a state title every year or so. Coach before him retired and passed it onto the last HC which was his protege to some degree. Prior coach was on his second stint and took a big payday at the beach then went to administration. It was his second stint and he had five titles but he got a lot of heat after Indy rolled them in the second round of the playoffs Chris Leak's sophomore season in 2000.

Would also give a tip of the hat to the athletes at the school for the last 4 years. 4 different HC's and yet we still made the western finals 3 of those 4 years and could have made it last year except for the forfeit thing. The system that Jack Gaster put in place many years ago is still in place although it has gone through some tough times. One area we have really fallen off in is strength and conditioning. The next coach needs to make this a top priority. The talent is there year after year, but the kids just need some stability in the program.

They have the best S&C coach they have ever had in the school now if he stays in Herlocker. Kids have to buy in, S&C is the toughest part. No glory but that is where the game is won today and the biggest difference in the game now as compared to 20 and more years ago.

First off these coaches in SC need to be paid more. Cutting the supplement was not a good thing and we can all see some of the results of it. Something just run through my head. Think Danny Akins might be interested in coming back. Think he still lives close by and has been commuting to ER. Just a thought. I believe this is still an attractive job and I look for some really good canidates to apply.

Agree on the supplement! Ridiculous. I thought Danny Akins took the SW Randolph job because he did move there when he got remarried. I may be wrong but thought that was the main reason for the move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT