ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

I saw where y’all was talking about Mitchell best team but I think they was one team that I don’t think y’all mention was the 2019 Mitchell team they took East surry down to wire that year and I thought that East surry team was the arguably the best 1A team I’ve seen in a long time
My son was the only sophomore on the field that night carried the ball 9 times had several tackles probably our best chance of winning state if we hadn't have been cheated

That’s awesome that east surry team was something else I thought that would be one of the best Mitchell team
It was we just looked forward a season or two and forgot it might be the best Mitchell team ever thanks for reminding us safe travel's if you head this way good luck to the knights

Reactions: 97Cougar
I’m surprised no one is talking about there game the last 3 times Robbinsville and Smokey played the total of points that decided the game is 7 points they played back in 2015 Robbinsville won by 1 the next year they played Smokey won by 1 then they played again in 2019 Robbinsville won by 5 with a 21 point comeback. Crossing my finger the last 2 times Robbinsville played at Smokey and won they made it to state

My son was the only sophomore on the field that night carried the ball 9 times had several tackles probably our best chance of winning state if we hadn't have been cheated

Best chance of winning state for mitchell was 2017 the year cherokee won it all...in my opinion. No Murphy or Tarboro to worry about that year.

Reactions: Junglejimk
I realize that Mitchell got a very bad call on the TD in the ES game that ref was about as blind as the side judge last Friday who called Watauga's last TD which wasn't but it probably didn't matter anyway Mitchell couldn't have won state that year without Pitman then anymore than they can win it without Turbyfill now. Pitman's mother told me that on the first drive that he said in the huddle that he wasn't sure if he could play the whole game with that high ankle sprain plus by the last drive she said he had a cracked rib, no way he could have played another game it's amazing he finished that one.

Reactions: Purple1995
Whoever does the hype videos could do it for a living it's a story that has gone on a couple of years now I wish they could put more wtoe in em like last year, top notch for sure
Where. An a person see the ‘hype videos’ and what are they? I haven’t been on my Facebook since 2016 and lost all my log in info. Are the on YouTube? What would I type in search bar?

Where. An a person see the ‘hype videos’ and what are they? I haven’t been on my Facebook since 2016 and lost all my log in info. Are the on YouTube? What would I type in search bar?
I believe you can go to this link and while it'll ask for you to create or login to a Facebook account you can still see the page and the videos without doing that....

Last edited:
Well looks like the rain that was being called for during this game a few days ago isn't going to happen only like a 4% chance at the beginning and 15% at the end of the game.
Yeah I’ve been keeping a eye on it. I’ll probably hit it going home. My night vision isn’t to good especially in the rain. If the DOT would paint the lines and put those reflectors in the center I would be ok. DOT contracts painting the lines to lowest bidder and they use cheap paint that doesn’t last very long

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Yeah I’ve been keeping a eye on it. I’ll probably hit it going home. My night vision isn’t to good especially in the rain. If the DOT would paint the lines and put those reflectors in the center I would be ok. DOT contracts painting the lines to lowest bidder and they use cheap paint that doesn’t last very long
Maybe it won't be to bad. Looks like it'll be around 30%-35% on your way home. It would help when the state paints the road to put down reflectors. At least most of the drive is four lane.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I believe you can go to this link and while it'll ask for you to create or login to a Facebook account you can still see the page and the videos without doing that....
Thanks for the link brother!! WOW I sure enjoyed that!!! I loved the video playing country roads in the background while I assume that was your coach speaking? What a beautiful facility and that mountain background has got to make that one of the most beautiful places to play football in all of NC!?!? I am coming down to watch a game this year if at all possible!! Truly one of the most beautiful school facilities I ever saw!!!

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Thanks for the link brother!! WOW I sure enjoyed that!!! I loved the video playing country roads in the background while I assume that was your coach speaking? What a beautiful facility and that mountain background has got to make that one of the most beautiful places to play football in all of NC!?!? I am coming down to watch a game this year if at all possible!! Truly one of the most beautiful school facilities I ever saw!!!
If it's the video with bald man speaking that's Russell Barnett the coach before Pitman. But appreciate the compliments I believe it's a beautiful facility as well and the turf ( like turf or not) really made it more so. I was a senior on the first team in the fall '82-'83 season when we were still 3A and the first time we saw it was at summer camp our coach made a big thing out of it we walked up there in the dark watching not to trip over the construction still going on and he had us seat on the home side and then had someone turn on the lights to see our new field then took us on a tour of the field house.

Reactions: RealStihl
I think this will be harder game then watauga for mitchell. Smokey mtn teams are very physical. I pick mitchell to win , but wouldn't be surprise if Andrews wins.
Watauga is second best team in wnc behind Reynolds. Maiden is the real deal and lost to Watauga

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Some don't count Watauga as WNC.
Asheville wlos don't cover them
I don't know why they wouldn't be counted as being in WNC. WNC represents the Appalachian mountains of NC and seeing that Watauga's football stadium at around 3,300 ft is probably the highest in elevation high school football stadium in NC I would definitely call them part of WNC.

I look at WNC three different ways.
Middle of state to Murphy.
The 18 western counties.
Or the far west. Smoky, Franklin, and the SMc.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Kinda officially speaking there are 28 counties that are considered part of WNC.
But this started with people not concerning Watauga high school a part of it and while there are some countries in the 28 I would kinda question but I would definitely count Watauga also known as the highlands where Daniel Boone brought some of the first setters in the North Carolina Appalachian mountains as one.

Reactions: BK13T-$
What time do the gates open at Mitchell
I don't know the official exact time but I know they sell tickets by 6 so maybe even by 5:30.
Thing is on the visitor side you usually don't have much to worry about get a seat unlike the home side as far as getting there early because I've hardly ever see that side full it's a pretty big visitor side but it might help to get there early to get good parking on the field behind the school for a shorter walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT