ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

Hope to see the green team get on the board. It’s not the same without you guys
I think they will get going, and it will help them out next two years with so many sophomores playing this year. When they are seniors and this 8th bunch are sophomores I feel like they could be hell on wheels but I could be wrong. But I do think they will be a tough group.

I'm honestly trying to be humble the Andrew's folks were awesome to us last year, but honestly and truthfully I feel we are 28 points better, I may be wrong I have been before but honestly that's really the way I see it
I can agree with this. I watched the game from last year on YouTube about 10 times before the state championship and I still can’t figure out how y’all lost to them.

I can agree with this. I watched the game from last year on YouTube about 10 times before the state championship and I still can’t figure out how y’all lost to them.
It was a combination of things. First and foremost, they overlooked, and underestimated a solid Andrews team. Yeah 3 hour bus ride, unsteady schedule, coming off the high of the Watauga victory, and a big one was they hadn't figured out their line rotation yet. But mainly the boys underestimated how good Andrews was. It wasn't a fluke.

It was a combination of things. First and foremost, they overlooked, and underestimated a solid Andrews team. Yeah 3 hour bus ride, unsteady schedule, coming off the high of the Watauga victory, and a big one was they hadn't figured out their line rotation yet. But mainly the boys underestimated how good Andrews was. It wasn't a fluke.
And we had 3 starting linemen out and the whole rest of the team thought they were sick lol

I think this will be harder game then watauga for mitchell. Smokey mtn teams are very physical. I pick mitchell to win , but wouldn't be surprise if Andrews wins.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I think this will be harder game then watauga for mitchell. Smokey mtn teams are very physical. I pick mitchell to win , but wouldn't be surprise if Andrews wins.
I agree. Andrews now has film on Mitchell without Turbyfill. I don’t think the Mitchell defense is playing as well as last season at this point. I think it will be a one score game.

Go Mountaineers

I mean if they sit him for the Andrews game, why not sit him the entire conference slate and be a full go come playoff time? Mitchell will be at a minimum a 2 to 3 score favorite in each conference game.

I mean if they sit him for the Andrews game, why not sit him the entire conference slate and be a full go come playoff time? Mitchell will be at a minimum a 2 to 3 score favorite in each conference game.
Except maybe Draughn jury still out on them but even if he can play tomorrow night I definitely limit him in the others and make sure his healthy for the playoffs.
But if his ankle is really good to go he'll need to play even if limited which I believe would be a good idea to keep him healthy for the playoffs but if he doesn't play any that can limit his readiness for the playoffs.
And if he feels like he's ok to play good luck keeping him on the bench for a whole game just to keep him healthy in his senior year.

Reactions: Purple1995
I honestly think we will beat Andrew's by 3 scores with or without Turbyfield I might be wrong but that's how I see it, we should have beat em by 3 tds last year but choked this Mitchell coaching staff wont drop 2 in a row Andrew's better eat there wheaties they gonna need em Mitchell 35-14

Reactions: 97Cougar
If Trubyfill out that a big lost for Mitchell for this game he the I thought it would be a close game with him. I know Mitchell is really good but so is Andrews. Weaver is a really good football player already 9 touchdown and now they run a Murphy type offense there gonna be a team that could upset any team on any given night.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
If Trubyfill out that a big lost for Mitchell for this game he the I thought it would be a close game with him. I know Mitchell is really good but so is Andrews. Weaver is a really good football player already 9 touchdown and now they run a Murphy type offense there gonna be a team that could upset any team on any given night.
But yours playing a top 100 in the state team tomorrow the other 3 lingered from 320 to 400 so you have not been tested you will tomorrow win or lose we will be the best you have faced, safe travel's to the Andrew's folks we have a Western Sizzlin that is AWESOME with a huge buffet plus several others including no 3 grille, Anchors away, City drive in all located close to one another some of the best food you'll eat

You could say about that last year Andrews played the same schedule as last year and Mitchell had a tougher schedule last year before this game. I don’t think being battle tested is this early in the year is as important than later in the year Mitchell coming into the game not 100% Andrews is that’s why I think Andrews is more dangerous. If we was in the 3rd round of the playoffs then I would give the edge to Mitchell but not this early in the year. I’m picking Andrews 28-24 but if Mitchell win I wouldn’t be too surprised

You could say about that last year Andrews played the same schedule as last year and Mitchell had a tougher schedule last year before this game. I don’t think being battle tested is this early in the year is as important than later in the year Mitchell coming into the game not 100% Andrews is that’s why I think Andrews is more dangerous. If we was in the 3rd round of the playoffs then I would give the edge to Mitchell but not this early in the year. I’m picking Andrews 28-24 but if Mitchell win I wouldn’t be too surprised
Bus ride will be the difference our team last year didn't travel well, neither did yours you only won 1 away game last year, you surprised me though with 2 road blowouts this year though I still say we roll

Yo

You talking about Robbinsville or Andrews Robbinsville won 2 away games last year so did Andrews. Robbinsville should not have lost 2 of the away games but I do agree with you that bud ride is killer tough for any team to ride that long and play really lights out but it has happen before. I think what hurt Mitchell last year at Andrews beside the bus ride was injures with there linemen. Me and my ole man was at that game and there line was not as dominant that game as they was against Robbinsville I think that had a couple of guys out that game. I might be wrong
We had 3 out and honestly I think the entire team either had A stomach bug or covid noone will ever know know lol, my kid was sick as a dog whole game still managed to make a few tackles and catch the td pass, I'm telling you they weren't right these little shi$@ wouldn't let you know they felt bad cause they wanted to play we were picked to beat you by 33 last year I thought it was insane when I saw it but that is how the times pu led it the bus ride sucks even if you had a charter

Bus ride will be the difference our team last year didn't travel well, neither did yours you only won 1 away game last year, you surprised me though with 2 road blowouts this year though I still say we roll
You talking about Robbinsville or Andrews Robbinsville won 2 away games last year so did Andrews. Robbinsville should not have lost 2 of the away games but I do agree with you that bud ride is killer tough for any team to ride that long and play really lights out but it has happen before. I think what hurt Mitchell last year at Andrews beside the bus ride was injures with there linemen. Me and my ole man was at that game and there line was not as dominant that game as they was against Robbinsville I think that had a couple of guys out that game. I might be wrong. Did not mean to delete last one

Reactions: Purple1995
You talking about Robbinsville or Andrews Robbinsville won 2 away games last year so did Andrews. Robbinsville should not have lost 2 of the away games but I do agree with you that bud ride is killer tough for any team to ride that long and play really lights out but it has happen before. I think what hurt Mitchell last year at Andrews beside the bus ride was injures with there linemen. Me and my ole man was at that game and there line was not as dominant that game as they was against Robbinsville I think that had a couple of guys out that game. I might be wrong. Did not mean to delete last one
We overlooked Andrew's last year, this coaching staff wont do it twice

We had 3 out and honestly I think the entire team either had A stomach bug or covid noone will ever know know lol, my kid was sick as a dog whole game still managed to make a few tackles and catch the td pass, I'm telling you they weren't right these little shi$@ wouldn't let you know they felt bad cause they wanted to play we were picked to beat you by 33 last year I thought it was insane when I saw it but that is how the times pu led it the bus ride sucks even if you had a charter
Ya man why can’t Mitchell be closer to us y’all fit in are conference smash mouth football imagine Mitchell Robbinsville Murphy Andrews Swain and heck I would even take mount heritage in are conference now that would be an insaine and fun to watch conference they could call it the all western Carolina conference

Ya man why can’t Mitchell be closer to us y’all fit in are conference smash mouth football imagine Mitchell Robbinsville Murphy Andrews Swain and heck I would even take mount heritage in are conference now that would be an insaine and fun to watch conference they could call it the all western Carolina conference
That would be friggin awesome too good to be true, whc is a joke last few years only too good teams last 10 yrs

Smokey mountain been lucky so far you will always have the big 3 in the smc but hayesville had a good team in 2013 didn’t win conference but made it competitive even when Rosman was in are conference the 2015 team was really good almost beat Robbinsville and Murphy that year. Cherokee in 2017 won state and hayesville last year beat Cherokee and Cherokee beat Robbinsville last year and now Andrews the past 2 years

Smokey mountain been lucky so far you will always have the big 3 in the smc but hayesville had a good team in 2013 didn’t win conference but made it competitive even when Rosman was in are conference the 2015 team was really good almost beat Robbinsville and Murphy that year. Cherokee in 2017 won state and hayesville last year beat Cherokee and Cherokee beat Robbinsville last year and now Andrews the past 2 years
Good stuff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT