ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

Gonna take a jab at sizing this game up, but to me it's always a risk to do so in high school football and especially when two good teams meet like this game. Anyways, here goes nothing.
To cut to the chase I have Andrews winning in this one 21-17 in a barn-burner of a game.
Mitchell has home field advantage but sounds like they have several key players on the bench. To me, this cancels the home field advantage. Mitchell has had the tougher schedule so far and may have impact on the game but I am guessing though the tougher schedule has contributed to their injury list as well. So again, a positive is cancelled out for Mitchell. Not hearing much about Andrews' injury report so I am assuming they are in good shape as far as injuries and that they will field their best 11 Friday against 1A state runner up Mitchell. All things considered, these two teams are both forces to be reckoned with in 1a football this year and you can never count either out but just looking at the facts (all we have right now), signs point to Andrews by 4.
SMC vs. WHC meet once again, game of the week in my opinion.
I’m not even going to try to give my opinion on this game. Both teams I’m sure will be focused on executing their game plan and i’m sure both coaches will have them prepared, but no one can predict the things they can’t control. The long road trip, the sky high emotions and the weather. I’m hoping for a competitive game and no injuries. Go Cats !

Watauga broke a 27 home game winning streak last week, and shouldn't have won, a couple of costly mistakes and a bad call beat us, Watauga is ranked 22nd overall, Andrews is 144th overall, Mitchell 62 I think? I dont see Pittman overlooking Andrew's this year, we know they'll hit you and are SMC TOUGH, but I honestly dont think they have played the level of competition we have I say 35-21 Mitchell it's a long bus ride and will play a huge factor in this game

Reactions: The Deerhunter
Andrews has plenty of miles under them so far and that won’t be a problem for a senior

Andrews has plenty of miles under them so far and that won’t be a problem for a senior laden team.
The 3 teams you played are all ranked in the 300s the best was the Hawks ranked 322 in the state, I know this is all paper and dont matter and you blew all 3 out but back to reality now Mitchell is gonna be like playing a conference game, itll be rock grinding to say the least I dont think Pittman drops two on a row, Fri night will be a game for sure, I loved your guys field, and culture small town USA at its finest and I have said you're probably gonna win your conference I just dont see you winning this Fri, with the utmost respect Mitchell rolls 35-21

Will this game be broadcasted like it was last year?

Will this game be broadcasted like it was last year?
Wish they would on YouTube they had the ability too but apparently they're afraid of it taking away from ticket sales, maybe it would for some games but not one like this it's going to be packed no matter what.
But there are some people who can't come to the games wether for physical reasons or I'm sure there's some alumni who doesn't live here anymore who would like to be able to watch home games because I saw them post on Facebook that they were enjoying watching home games on YouTube during covid.

Andrew's may stream it but we dont
No the streaming service that covered the SMC, North Georgia & Tennessee HS games have only carried Murphy this year. I guess our School of 216 wouldn’t let them because we need every dime we can get at the gate. I sure did enjoy FYNTV.com during Covid

Reactions: BK13T-$
I look at strength of schedule from a different point of view. With the size of our school being only 216 give or take and 28 players give or take, to me it would be taking a chance to play a powerhouse 3A or 4A team and risk injuries when every player counts. Our Scrimmage game was with Franklin and I truly believe both teams were playing starters at full force. We scored 4 td’s and kept Franklin scoreless. Our 1st game was like a scrimmage and I feel we needed that to work out the kinks. Our next 2 games were against 3A schools which both have 1000 students and rosters of 35 to 45 players. You would think schools of that size would be more competitive especially against one of the smallest 1A football teams in the State. I was surprised we put up the numbers we did against these teams with our backups playing a quarter and a half. Yes for larger 1A teams scheduling powerhouse teams to gage their squad and preparing for tougher competition come conference and playoffs. I get it but not for Andrews !! What good would it do if we came out of non conference beat and broken and could not compete in conference play. As my dad use to say “More power to you “. I think we will do it our way

I look at strength of schedule from a different point of view. With the size of our school being only 216 give or take and 28 players give or take, to me it would be taking a chance to play a powerhouse 3A or 4A team and risk injuries when every player counts. Our Scrimmage game was with Franklin and I truly believe both teams were playing starters at full force. We scored 4 td’s and kept Franklin scoreless. Our 1st game was like a scrimmage and I feel we needed that to work out the kinks. Our next 2 games were against 3A schools which both have 1000 students and rosters of 35 to 45 players. You would think schools of that size would be more competitive especially against one of the smallest 1A football teams in the State. I was surprised we put up the numbers we did against these teams with our backups playing a quarter and a half. Yes for larger 1A teams scheduling powerhouse teams to gage their squad and preparing for tougher competition come conference and playoffs. I get it but not for Andrews !! What good would it do if we came out of non conference beat and broken and could not compete in conference play. As my dad use to say “More power to you “. I think we will do it our way
The numbers dont lie 3 straight 322 and worse ranked teams fri will tell the tale

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Heck even poor ole Rosman is ranked 402 not far off from the three you have played be ready

You possibly have your best team to date, I think ours was last year, we had a bad night it happens but with our coaching staff it wont happen two in a row Mitchell rolls

Hey Wildcat you have a kid playing?

You possibly have your best team to date, I think ours was last year, we had a bad night it happens but with our coaching staff it wont happen two in a row Mitchell rolls
Jury still out on that last year's team so far seemed more dependant on Turbyfill than this years not sure if last year's team would have done as well Friday night without him. But with Giarrusso & G Young takes pressure off him and leaves the defense not being able to target just one person.
Plus I'm hoping when he's back in that they'll have him pass more than last year I believe he has good receivers if given the chance.

Last year's team was not the best to date. 86, 10, 11, 15, 17, 19... 2015 would be tough to beat, but 2019 had it going as well. Toss up IMO. 2010-11 had the heart of a lion, and the grit of an old coonhound. 2015 had an o line that some college teams would be jealous of. 17 had a 2 headed beast of a rushing attack, and 2019 all the right pieces. Last year's team had a great defense, but were a one trick pony on offense. I know of course, that team meant a lot to you, but I'm just being realistic.

The numbers dont lie 3 straight 322 and worse ranked teams fri will tell the tale

Normally strength of schedule could be a factor, but I am not sure it is this case. As mentioned Andrews is a senior laden team. They returned several starters and many are 3 year starters. A few are starting for the 4th year. They have been in the SMC wars and have seen a lot of football. Should be a good game.

Last year's team was not the best to date. 86, 10, 11, 15, 17, 19... 2015 would be tough to beat, but 2019 had it going as well. Toss up IMO. 2010-11 had the heart of a lion, and the grit of an old coonhound. 2015 had an o line that some college teams would be jealous of. 17 had a 2 headed beast of a rushing attack, and 2019 all the right pieces. Last year's team had a great defense, but were a one trick pony on offense. I know of course, that team meant a lot to you, but I'm just being realistic.
You are dead wrong, you said last ye
Well how has Turbyfield fared running the ball without mine and the other 4 starters that graduated I'd say not too good, no blocking for him mine, Willis, Buchanan, Brandt, were selfless I'm trying to get into this Years team, they seem like a bunch of me's so far hope I'm wrong Travise is a good coach and will fix it, if it wasn't for Girusso we'd be 1 -2 I dont care what you think last years team was the best we had ever had should have won it all bad play calling at State didn't mix it up at all, 1 dimensional, Travis learned his lesson I can tell by the way he is calling the offense, but to say some of these other teams were better is a kick in the nuts considering most of em went nowhere get your head out of your butt my kid spanked Yancey in Middle Schhool both games in Yancey Nuff Said

Well the best or maybe most talented team is kinda in the eyes of the beholder and hard to compare.
One team might have been more talented than another who won more games but how was the other competition in comparison?
I had one retired Mitchell assistant coach tell me a few years back not sure if he would still say it today but in his opinion at the time even though teams since had won more games he thought that the '82-'83 team who was the first to play on the Mitchell field and first Mitchell team with a winning record was the most talented but we were 3A then and he felt that team played stiffer competition, can't say for sure but I believe there were more players on that team that went on and played college including 3 D1.

Reactions: Purple1995
Well how has Turbyfield fared running the ball without mine and the other 4 starters that graduated I'd say not too good, no blocking for him mine, Willis, Buchanan, Brandt, were selfless I'm trying to get into this Years team, they seem like a bunch of me's so far hope I'm wrong Travise is a good coach and will fix it, if it wasn't for Girusso we'd be 1 -2 I dont care what you think last years team was the best we had ever had should have won it all bad play calling at State didn't mix it up at all, 1 dimensional, Travis learned his lesson I can tell by the way he is calling the offense, but to say some of these other teams were better is a kick in the nuts considering most of em went nowhere get your head out of your butt my kid spanked Yancey in Middle Schhool both games in Yancey Nuff Sai
Normally strength of schedule could be a factor, but I am not sure it is this case. As mentioned Andrews is a senior laden team. They returned several starters and many are 3 year starters. A few are starting for the 4th year. They have been in the SMC wars and are seen a lot of football. Should be a good game.
We have as many seniors as you do players so go figure lol

Well how has Turbyfield fared running the ball without mine and the other 4 starters that graduated I'd say not too good, no blocking for him mine, Willis, Buchanan, Brandt, were selfless I'm trying to get into this Years team, they seem like a bunch of me's so far hope I'm wrong Travise is a good coach and will fix it, if it wasn't for Girusso we'd be 1 -2 I dont care what you think last years team was the best we had ever had should have won it all bad play calling at State didn't mix it up at all, 1 dimensional, Travis learned his lesson I can tell by the way he is calling the offense, but to say some of these other teams were better is a kick in the nuts considering most of em went nowhere get your head out of your butt my kid spanked Yancey in Middle Schhool both games in Yancey Nuff Said
I knew you'd take it bad, but it's the way I see it, and I stand by my assessment.

Well how has Turbyfield fared running the ball without mine and the other 4 starters that graduated I'd say not too good, no blocking for him mine, Willis, Buchanan, Brandt, were selfless I'm trying to get into this Years team, they seem like a bunch of me's so far hope I'm wrong Travise is a good coach and will fix it, if it wasn't for Girusso we'd be 1 -2 I dont care what you think last years team was the best we had ever had should have won it all bad play calling at State didn't mix it up at all, 1 dimensional, Travis learned his lesson I can tell by the way he is calling the offense, but to say some of these other teams were better is a kick in the nuts considering most of em went nowhere get your head out of your butt my kid spanked Yancey in Middle Schhool both games in Yancey Nuff Sai

We have as many seniors as you do players so go figure lol

You missed my point. Since both teams have experienced seniors then SOS will not be as big a factor. As previously stated it may help the Cats as they should be relatively healthy. BTW I am not an Andrews guy.

We need CC at qb Turbyfield and Girusso in the backfield running triple option only way we beat the east is at there own game Get bnb on it!

I'm not sure in the first two games Turbyfill not running as many yards as last year has to do with poorer blocking maybe so but the two RB's are getting a lot of yards so seems they would need good blocking as well. Comparing rushing yardage in the first three games last year and this year it's 679 last year and 795 this year.
Looks like along with addition of Giarrusso and well as Young is running not that he wasn't a good runner last year but boys get even better and stronger from one season to another that Ty in two games he played didn't have to run as much plus he came in the Erwin game not 100% and still probably not the McDowell game playing with a hernia.
But that's not a slight on any of those who graduated last year they where great and missed and a big reason Mitchell went to state but that's not to say that these boys who are a year older and probably stronger then they were last year and now last years experience under their belt can't be good as well.

I honestly think Mitchell with a healthy Turbyfield wins out, looking back without any Bias the best Mitchell team ever was the 2a state runner up team, or the 2010 Juggy team, both were Awwsome it's a toss up, the last 2 seasons teams were just my favorites and ended up being better than any of us doomosses predicted lol

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I'm not sure in the first two games Turbyfill not running as many yards as last year has to do with poorer blocking maybe so but the two RB's are getting a lot of yards so seems they would need good blocking as well. Comparing rushing yardage in the first three games last year and this year it's 679 last year and 795 this year.
Looks like along with addition of Giarrusso and well as Young is running not that he wasn't a good runner last year but boys get even better and stronger from one season to another that Ty in two games he played didn't have to run as much plus he came in the Erwin game not 100% and still probably not the McDowell game playing with a hernia.
But that's not a slight on any of those who graduated last year they where great and missed and a big reason Mitchell went to state but that's not to say that these boys who are a year older and probably stronger then they were last year and now last years experience under their belt can't be good as well.
Girusso is a stud, the others have definitely gotten stronger from last year for sure, that line is not as good without Buchanan and Gardner but looking better every week, Travis sure has built a program and can get more with less than anybody who has every coached at Mitchell

ahem. Wildcat I believe you hit the nail squarely on the head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT