ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

This should be a dandy. Hard nosed 1a mountain football. Definitely Andrews best opponent to date, and maybe Mitchell's. Will the Mountaineers avenge last year's upset? Will Andrews carry the SMC whipping Mitchell torch again?
Looking forward to the trip to Mitchell County. Nothing but respect for the Mountaineers. Hoping for a good competitive game. I dred the drive though. Lol

I might just do that. I plan on coming early hopefully to get a little bit closer in the parking lot. I dred walking up that hill to the stadium lol
I know you have good concessions also.
Had a different parking setup last night. Not sure if that is how it will be moving forward but I got there around 6:15 and they were directing everyone to park up on the practice field behind the press box.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Had a different parking setup last night. Not sure if that is how it will be moving forward but I got there around 6:15 and they were directing everyone to park up on the practice field behind the press box.
That sure would help this old man. I usually always get to games about that time.

Sounds like Andrews has a really good team. Let’s see what they have to offer against Mitchell.
Win or lose our team is very consistent in play. I have followed this team from youth league till now and I have never seen a off night with execution or hustle. This is a huge game even though it’s non conference against one of the best teams in the State.

Reading all the threads, eliminating the fluff from substance, and an impartial observer comes to one conclusion:
Mitchell is the real deal!
Look forward to seeing you in the playoffs.

Mitchell is the western favorite for sure.
I'm think Mitchell will drop of after this year for at least three years. Probably still be a top western team but not the favorite.

That sure would help this old man. I usually always get to games about that time.
I've parked in handicap on the practice field for the last 6 years weather permitting a few times wasn't allowed because of heavy rain. Last night there did seem to be more up there used to be only for athletic boosters club members one year people paid to park up there and tailgate but handicap is right at the gate. My issue last night the first year they poured a concrete pad on each side of the press box I took my camper chair the next game I was not alone lol but the band for some reason moved from the bottom to the top taking old man camper chair space.
But if you're visiting it wouldn't be where you'd want to park the best place would be the field behind the school beside the ticket booth that's the closest a visitor can get to the visitor side I assume that's visitor handicap parking.

Last edited:
Mitchell is the western favorite for sure.
I'm think Mitchell will drop of after this year for at least three years. Probably still be a top western team but not the favorite
You can't go by JV's. Mitchell never has a good jv program. They should be strong again the next 2 years, with the linemen moving up, Cook at qb, and Marley McCourry at rb. He is a junior, so is having to take a back seat to the seniors, but he is as hard a runner as what we have now. The receiving/corner core will be a little down, but the Mountaineers will still be in the hunt.

Reactions: Purple1995
I've parked in handicap on the practice field for the last 6 years weather permitting a few times wasn't allowed because of heavy rain. Last night there did seem to be more up there used to be only for athletic boosters club members one year people paid to park up there and tailgate but handicap is right at the gate. My issue last night the first year they poured a concrete pad on each side of the press box I took my camper chair the next game I was not alone lol but the band for some reason moved from the bottom to the top taking old man camper chair space.
But if you're visiting it wouldn't be where you'd want to park the best place would be the field behind the school beside the ticket booth that's the closest a visitor can get to the visitor side I assume that's visitor handicap parking.
I’m not handicapped. I’m just a 60 year old overweight fat man with arthritis pain due to injuries sustained from T Ball Lol !!! Thanks for the info and once I make it to the top I will try the BBQ
I was there in 2015 or 16 and the food was good

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Well from what I understand Ty won't be playing RB/S Duncan will be out for a while with broken foot or leg but WR/DB Phillips suppose to be back. Until last night with the injuries I wouldn't give Mitchell a chance not to say I'd wouldn't feel better with a healthy Ty in there in this game but last night they showed they can still compete they were a couple plays here and there from winning against a good 4A schools. I hope that QB Cook has a good week of practice and they show a little more confidence in him.

I’m not handicapped. I’m just a 60 year old overweight fat man with arthritis pain due to injuries sustained from T Ball Lol !!! Thanks for the info and once I make it to the top I will try the BBQ
Well I'm 57 but to many back issues, surgeries and other health problems to meation since 2016 been on disability I turned 51 and feel all to pieces lol and yeah I get the arthritis thing it covers my spine and it's in my blood.
I believe if you get there earlier enough you still might be able to park behind the school at least that way you don't have to walk up that hill.

They ran a shuttle to the top last time I was up there...(from lower lot)

Well from what I understand Ty won't be playing RB/S Duncan will be out for a while with broken foot or leg but WR/DB Phillips suppose to be back. Until last night with the injuries I wouldn't give Mitchell a chance not to say I'd wouldn't feel better with a healthy Ty in there in this game but last night they showed they can still compete they were a couple plays here and there from winning against a good 4A schools. I hope that QB Cook has a good week of practice and they show a little more confidence in him.
Mitchell seemed to have won that game in every aspect of the game but the score. It was like Swain vs Smoky Mtn. I seen the highlights on AC-T and Watuga did not cross the goal and the official had a clear look at the play. Mitchell is the top 1A team in the west at this time.

Mitchell seemed to have won that game in every aspect of the game but the score. It was like Swain vs Smoky Mtn. I seen the highlights on AC-T and Watuga did not cross the goal and the official had a clear look at the play. Mitchell is the top 1A team in the west at this time.
Go to the Mitchell Mountaineer Football Facebook page and you can see the video plus a photo of it from the end zone that shows just how far away from being a TD it was I'd post here but as least from my phone I haven't figured out a way to post a photo on here without it showing personal information.

Last edited:
If you want to hook up, I’ve got a parking pass that’s real close. We can meet away from all the traffic and I can take you up.
Man I really appreciate that but i’m not as bad off as I make it sound. I just like to get to the game early to watch the teams warm up. Thanks anyway

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Well I'm 57 but to many back issues, surgeries and other health problems to meation since 2016 been on disability I turned 51 and feel all to pieces lol and yeah I get the arthritis thing it covers my spine and it's in my blood.
I believe if you get there earlier enough you still might be able to park behind the school at least that way you don't have to walk up that hill.
Understand you completely. Neck fusion c4 5 and 6. Didn't help.

• Sad
Go to the Mitchell Mountaineer Football Facebook page and you can see the video plus a photo of it from the end zone that shows just how far away from being a TD it was I'd post here but as least from my phone I haven't figured out a way to post a photo on here without it showing personal information.
To say you got shafted is an understatement.

Understand you completely. Neck fusion c4 5 and 6. Didn't help.
My disability lawyer said they should have fused my L4-5 after it broke he said he never seen that small piece of a disc left in. Two surgeries was because of MRSA which left scar tissue wrapped around my sciatic nerve constantly compressing it and pulls on it when I move like a bungee cord.
Sorry about yours I'm trying to avoid neck surgery with PT so far so good the DDD has now reached the neck affecting 4 c disc and collapsed the vertebrae also other disc from lower back to the neck ,I hear a hissing sound sometimes in my head which my neurologist said is me hearing bone rubbing bone where the vertebrae is touching each other.
But at least nothing yet that's killing me one man that was on our high school team a couple years ago died of cancer and couple more is having serious heart issues.

• Sad
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
My disability lawyer said they should have fused my L4-5 after it broke he said he never seen that small piece of a disc left in. Two surgeries was because of MRSA which left scar tissue wrapped around my sciatic nerve constantly compressing it and pulls on it when I move like a bungee cord.
Sorry about yours I'm trying to avoid neck surgery with PT so far so good the DDD has now reached the neck affecting 4 c disc and collapsed the vertebrae also other disc from lower back to the neck ,I hear a hissing sound sometimes in my head which my neurologist said is me hearing bone rubbing bone where the vertebrae is touching each other.
But at least nothing yet that's killing me one man that was on our high school team a couple years ago died of cancer and couple more is having serious heart issues.
It’s always good to count our blessings. It could ALWAYS be worse!

Thise disc surgeries are always fun. Had my lower back operated on 30 some years ago. Disc pressing on my static nerve. Worse pain ever. Glad they fixed it.

I’m headed in that direction as I set CocaCola off the truck all day long. Lots of lifting and twisting
Mine was just hereditary I guess started in my 20's. Rheumatologist asked me if I had been in a car accident or something and say no why? He said I've never seen a back as messed up as yours without some kinda accident. But there is, a young woman in her 20's in a Facebook group of people with these issues has already had something like 14 +surgeries.

Last edited:
Mine was just hereditary I guess started in my 20's. Rheumatologist asked me if I had been in a car accident or something and say no why? He said I've never seen a back as messed up as yours without some kinda accident. But there is, a young woman in her 20's in a Facebook group of people with these issues has already had something like 14 surgeries.
Whew. That’s crazy

I don’t expect this game to be much different than last night. It will come down to mistakes and turnovers as most games do with 2 teams that are really really close in terms of talent. While a lot of folks are focused, for good reason, on Watauga‘s last td last night, Mitchell could have made a couple plays prior to avoided that situation. Having said that I am extremely proud of the way Mitchell came out and played last night.
Mitchell has to limit the Andrew’s running game which is no easy task. I totally expect a very physical game and will not be surprised if Mitchell goes 0-2 on the new turf.
Safe travels to all that head this way.

Go Mountaineers

early prediction Mitchell 24 Andrews 22

I don’t expect this game to be much different than last night. It will come down to mistakes and turnovers as most games do with 2 teams that are really really close in terms of talent. While a lot of folks are focused, for good reason, on Watauga‘s last td last night, Mitchell could have made a couple plays prior to avoided that situation. Having said that I am extremely proud of the way Mitchell came out and played last night.
Mitchell has to limit the Andrew’s running game which is no easy task. I totally expect a very physical game and will not be surprised if Mitchell goes 0-2 on the new turf.
Safe travels to all that head this way.

Go Mountaineers

early prediction Mitchell 24 Andrews 22
Thanks for getting us back on track🙃
But right I believe who ever makes the less mistakes.

Well it’s not that bad. My daughter and son graduated from Mars Hill so I made that trip a lot and this year I’ve traveled to NCSD to play Hickory and to North Buncombe this past Friday so this old man has a lot of miles lately. I look forward to the game though. All odds are against us

Off Topic South Pittsburg hyping their game Friday already.

Fb1IIChXkAAzgOw.jpg

Gonna take a jab at sizing this game up, but to me it's always a risk to do so in high school football and especially when two good teams meet like this game. Anyways, here goes nothing.
To cut to the chase I have Andrews winning in this one 21-17 in a barn-burner of a game.
Mitchell has home field advantage but sounds like they have several key players on the bench. To me, this cancels the home field advantage. Mitchell has had the tougher schedule so far and may have impact on the game but I am guessing though the tougher schedule has contributed to their injury list as well. So again, a positive is cancelled out for Mitchell. Not hearing much about Andrews' injury report so I am assuming they are in good shape as far as injuries and that they will field their best 11 Friday against 1A state runner up Mitchell. All things considered, these two teams are both forces to be reckoned with in 1a football this year and you can never count either out but just looking at the facts (all we have right now), signs point to Andrews by 4.
SMC vs. WHC meet once again, game of the week in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT