ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

ahem. Wildcat I believe you hit the nail squarely on the head.
Oh it’s just my opinion and everyone has a different take on it. But I’ve never seen a Championship given to a team just because they had the toughest Strength of Schedule ! Maybe if they don’t win the Championship they can say “But we had the toughest schedule in 1 A “. Maybe they will be a trophy for that. Lol
It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish and I’ve seen a lot of championship caliber teams lose out because of season ending injuries to key players in non conference games early on

I believe Pitman and others believes a tuff non-conference strengthens a team for the tuff opponents you'll see in the playoffs ( I tend to agree) while I guess it might increase chance of getting a starter hurt but then again I've seen starters get hurt in easy games as well there's just no guarantee of a players not getting hurt in any game.
Thing is especially for mountain team sometimes it's hard to get non-conference games because of travel distance and some small schools who have had success in 1A some bigger schools refuse to play them but for whatever the reason sometimes you have to take what you can get and you just play the team you've got.
Mitchell was harped on quite a bit in 2017-19 for having what was considered an easy non-conference schedule especially an academy school but ether other schools schedule was full or just wouldn't play them. Is that why they didn't make it to the championship? I doubt it.
So yes Andrews may have had an easier schedule but I really don't think that's what's going to decide the outcome of this game the only thing to me it says is it makes it harder to know how good they really are. Is North Buncombe that bad or Andrews that good? One thing about they beat them a lot worse than Swain did.

Last edited:
I believe Pitman and others believes a tuff no-conference strengthens a team for the tuff opponents you'll see in the playoffs while I guess it might increase chance of getting a starter hurt but then again I've seen starters get hurt in easy games as well there's just no guarantee of a players not getting hurt in any game.
Thing is especially for mountain team sometimes it's hard to get non-conference games because of travel distance and some small schools who have had success in 1A some bigger schools refuse to play them but for whatever the reason sometimes you have to take what you can get and you just play the team you've got.
Mitchell was harped on quite a bit in 2017-19 for having what was considered an easy non-conference schedule especially an academy school but ether other schools schedule was full or just wouldn't play them. Is that why they didn't make it to the championship? I doubt it.
So yes Andrews may have had an easier schedule but I really don't think that's what's going to decide the outcome of this game the only thing to me it says is it makes it harder to know how good they really are. Is North Buncombe that bad or Andrews that good? One thing about they beat them a lot worse than Swain did.
I agree !!! I’m just passing time and having a little fun. Actually i’m going to stop making comments on this thread till after the game. People going to think i’m crazy and trust me we have some dilly’s on here.

You are dead wrong period I stand by my statement Turbyfield wont have 45 yds a carry this year cause his studs are gone, Travise is a great coach and will figure it out but the show is over
I agree they will definitely miss that group. Like some have said hopefully some of the others will step up and help fill those holes being a year older and stronger. But that’s a tough bunch to replace.

This game is tough to analyze on one side you have Mitchell seeking revenge from last year game and yes they have a tougher schedule than Andrews but Idk if that helps them or hurts them in this game. While having a tough schedule has a lot of upsides and downside in a season for one reason is your boys when they get in a close fought game after another they get more comfortable with the pressure and usually are in better shape cause they are force to go all 4 quarters on the other hand it does get a lot of your players banged up during the process. You may not here about the injuries or see them but they are there playing a tough games back to back takes a toll on the kids. I would say Mitchell is more battle tested than Andrews but I would say Andrews is more health. I see that helping Andrews more earlier in the season than helping Mitchell. If we was in the playoffs where everyone not 100% health. Then the team like Mitchell will have the edge. If Andrews keeps it a 1 or a 2 score game at Mitchell and lose I would still consider that somewhat of an Andrews win. A lot of good teams has never won at Mitchell before tough place to play

This game is tough to analyze on one side you have Mitchell seeking revenge from last year game and yes they have a tougher schedule than Andrews but Idk if that helps them or hurts them in this game. While having a tough schedule has a lot of upsides and downside in a season for one reason is your boys when they get in a close fought game after another they get more comfortable with the pressure and usually are in better shape cause they are force to go all 4 quarters on the other hand it does get a lot of your players banged up during the process. You may not here about the injuries or see them but they are there playing a tough games back to back takes a toll on the kids. I would say Mitchell is more battle tested than Andrews but I would say Andrews is more health. I see that helping Andrews more earlier in the season than helping Mitchell. If we was in the playoffs where everyone not 100% health. Then the team like Mitchell will have the edge. If Andrews keeps it a 1 or a 2 score game at Mitchell and lose I would still consider that somewhat of an Andrews win. A lot of good teams has never won at Mitchell before tough place to play
It’s a lot like playing at Big Oaks Stadium

Are they good Cell Service at Mitchell Stadium ?
I like to keep a check on other games and also like to send score updates to friends and family

Reactions: Purple1995
I would agree the only difference is Mitchell dang grass they have up there if it’s a rainy day get ready for mud and a lot of sliding.
They just got turf this year and they are calling for rain Friday. We played on turf last Friday at N Buncombe and it didn’t rain but the slippery turf conditions on a humid night cost us 2 TDs when backs made their cuts. I guess it’s a good thing that both teams are run heavy

Mitchell's field hadn't even been resurfaced since it was first played on in 1982 it's amazing they kept it in the shape they did but it would have puddles in the field house side of the end zone in heavy rain just a terrible draining system plus not the new field is actually level with the track.
I don't how the players feel about playing on it some will hate it and some will love it but I'm sure they like getting to actually practice on the field they play on outside of scrimmage practice.
I will say as far as aesthetically it's a beautiful field. But while you can live with the old score board until the new one is up I just hope for the players that they at least new the play clocks up for this game.

I dont know if Andrew's ever seen em come out of the woods, when the death sirens sounds and they come out brings chills everytime, thanks TP and other coaching staff for the show, best in western NC

Mitchell's field hadn't even been resurfaced since it was first played on in 1982 it's amazing they kept it in the shape they did but it would have puddles in the field house side of the end zone in heavy rain just a terrible draining system plus not the new field is actually level with the track.
I don't how the players feel about playing on it some will hate it and some will love it but I'm sure they like getting to actually practice on the field they play on outside of scrimmage practice.
I will say as far as aesthetically it's a beautiful field. But while you can live with the old score board until the new one is up I just hope for the players that they at least new the play clocks up for this game.
Well as a graduate of 2014. I wIsh we had turf haha.

I dont know if Andrew's ever seen em come out of the woods, when the death sirens sounds and they come out brings chills everytime, thanks TP and other coaching staff for the show, best in western NC
The hype videos they do every week are first class. Whoever does them has a talent. If you’ve never seen one go to Mitchell Mountaineer Football on Facebook and check them out.

I believe Avery got theirs your senior year and my girls were in the band and after the geme they asked why how Avery was able to get turf they're the same size we are, and I said tax base they have Grandfather mountain, Ski resorts , rich people with summer homes etc.

Strength of schedule matters to some extent but in my opinion it is overrated by some people. If you’re good - you’re good. It doesn’t matter who you play.
I do agree with your assessment, but I do think it's good for a team to be battle tested.

I sure enjoyed watching you fellas play, I never missed a game including you guys middle school games, from about 08 to present part of the reason for my kids and the others that just graduated success they pretended to be some of you guys at practice and sometimes just out in the yard lol, I hauled a few of em with me enjoyed every minute of it too

The hype videos they do every week are first class. Whoever does them has a talent. If you’ve never seen one go to Mitchell Mountaineer Football on Facebook and check them out.
Whoever does the hype videos could do it for a living it's a story that has gone on a couple of years now I wish they could put more wtoe in em like last year, top notch for sure

I'm honestly trying to be humble the Andrew's folks were awesome to us last year, but honestly and truthfully I feel we are 28 points better, I may be wrong I have been before but honestly that's really the way I see it

Reactions: 97Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT