ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball HS Baseball State Playoff Championship games

It was a really good game until the 6th. The starting pitcher for East Burke was really good last night. A wild pitch and an error gave Burns their 5 run 6th inning to break it open. I'll admit I was getting nervous last night.
When Burns loaded the bases with no outs, I thought they would go ahead. But I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't scored on the wild pitch soon after that. The next play was a fly ball to right field that the outfielder made a good throw on, and it might have been close at the plate (the runner didn't try it, but the go ahead run had already scored, so he might have tried). Either way it could have been an exciting play and could have changed the game.

Last edited:
NW Cabarrus at Davie today for 1st rd action @ 7pm. Hopefully they can get the game in with storms coming. Depending on the timing of the rain.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yes, I know they pitched 2-100+/- and I think 2 more 60+. I may be off a little.

Rockingham Cty. Scored 3 runs in the 1st and 1 in the 15th.

We definitely set our Tuscola up well for Friday’s game other than they now have a long bus ride. Win isn’t guaranteed but a lot of arms used a lot
Anyone know what time Pisgah made it back to Canton? It couldn’t have been before 4am.

When Burns loaded the bases with no outs, I thought they would go ahead. But I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't scored on the wild pitch soon after that. The next play was a fly ball to right field that the outfielder made a good throw on, and it might have been close at the plate (the runner didn't try it, but the go ahead run had already scored, so he might have tried). Either way it could have been an exciting play and could have changed the game.
Honestly that game should have been a wake up call for Burns. Hopefully it was. They hadn't played a really close game in a while.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
I rarely attend a high school baseball game and what I’m about to say may seem ludicrous to some posters who pull for perennial powerhouses.
Thomasville has had very little success historically. Two conference championships (1968 and 1988) in the last 56 years. But tonight they won a playoff game against Robbinsville 1-0. Pitched a no hitter and advance to play Leadership Academy at home on Friday.
For Thomasville to play in and win a playoff game is rare. To finish with no worse than a .500 record is as well. Frankly, I’m just as proud of the Bulldog baseball team as when the football team makes it to the third or fourth round.
Go ‘Dogs!

I rarely attend a high school baseball game and what I’m about to say may seem ludicrous to some posters who pull for perennial powerhouses.
Thomasville has had very little success historically. Two conference championships (1968 and 1988) in the last 56 years. But tonight they won a playoff game against Robbinsville 1-0. Pitched a no hitter and advance to play Leadership Academy at home on Friday.
For Thomasville to play in and win a playoff game is rare. To finish with no worse than a .500 record is as well. Frankly, I’m just as proud of the Bulldog baseball team as when the football team makes it to the third or fourth round.
Go ‘Dogs!
Sounded like a good one, anytime you play a 1-0 ballgame that means both teams pitched and fielded great.

Good luck Friday night. I bet Suire is out there right now getting field ready for you and will be there Friday night recruiting players.

Go ‘Dogs!
Congrats who is the coach?

Anyone know what time Pisgah made it back to Canton? It couldn’t have been before 4am.
According to the Mountaineer newspaper they rolled in just before 5 am. Coaches hit the bed at 5:20 and were at work to teach at 7:30. I guarantee their were some dog tired boys and coaches today.

Old school, minor league type travel day. 😃

Last edited:
Sounded like a good one, anytime you play a 1-0 ballgame that means both teams pitched and fielded great.

Good luck Friday night. I bet Suire is out there right now getting field ready for you and will be there Friday night recruiting players.
Finch Field was flooded so this game was played at Rockers Stadium in High Point.
But the rest of your post is right on it😊

Eastern Randolph travels to Christ the King on Friday…
Don’t know anything about em except that is quite the name for a school…
I saw CTK play twice this year in the Gaston Co. Easter Tourney. They have (3) to (4) kids who stand out. They are well-coached and play a smart brand of baseball. They beat a very solid Stuart Cramer team in that tourney.

Small SS, #1 I believe, can play. He's about 5'6"; if he were 5 - 6" taller he'd get D1 looks; kid can rake.

Two larger guys, #3 and can't recall the other number but he plays 1B are solid. #3 is a lefty and hit (2) oppo ground rule doubles at Sims Legion Park. Just a well rounded approach.

Not much to offer but from what I saw in both games unless they are facing a shutdown arm they will be in a game given their fundamentals and coaching.

I saw CTK play twice this year in the Gaston Co. Easter Tourney. They have (3) to (4) kids who stand out. They are well-coached and play a smart brand of baseball. They beat a very solid Stuart Cramer team in that tourney.

Small SS, #1 I believe, can play. He's about 5'6"; if he were 5 - 6" taller he'd get D1 looks; kid can rake.

Two larger guys, #3 and can't recall the other number but he plays 1B are solid. #3 is a lefty and hit (2) oppo ground rule doubles at Sims Legion Park. Just a well rounded approach.

Not much to offer but from what I saw in both games unless they are facing a shutdown arm they will be in a game given their fundamentals and coaching.
Solid baseball analyzing. I love that. ER is extremely young, only one senior. Have freshmen playing entire left side of infield. They pitch pretty well but struggle some at plate. Might be pitching freshman Friday too. We shall see and thank you again for the info

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
According to the Mountaineer newspaper they rolled in just before 5 am. Coaches hit the bed at 5:20 and were at work to teach at 7:30. I guarantee their were some dog tired boys and coaches today.

Old school, minor league type travel day. 😃
Wow! Kudos to Pisgah - that’s a grind!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Solid baseball analyzing. I love that. ER is extremely young, only one senior. Have freshmen playing entire left side of infield. They pitch pretty well but struggle some at plate. Might be pitching freshman Friday too. We shall see and thank you again for the info
Man, it's how I stay motivated as I age. I try to ump/coach/take in as many games as I can while I still can. Baseball has been a lifeline for me.....

Man, it's how I stay motivated as I age. I try to ump/coach/take in as many games as I can while I still can. Baseball has been a lifeline for me.....
I completely understand…
That dang SP still bothers me and it’s been 43 years 😂😂😂

Didn’t south point beat northeast guilford in a state championship I believe in 2011?

5/9 Final North Davidson 5 NW Cabarrus 1

5/10 Teams I will be following

4A Cox Mill vs Davie

3A East Rowan vs St Stephens
Lake Norman Charter vs Crest
Carson vs Central Davidson
North Davidson vs Kings Mountain

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
CVAC Conference

Bandys takes a short trip over to Lincoln Charter for what should be a very good game between two outstanding conference champions. It’s a hop, skip and a jump from Catawba Valley to Catawba Shores. 😂
Go! Trojans.

Conversely…Maiden with yet another lengthy road trip (2 hours one way) to Eden, NC to play Morehead. Do what? I googled it, since I’ve never been there, and boys….that’s as close to Virginia as you can get.😵‍💫 Tough, tough game for my Blue Devils. Morehead has been at the top or near the top all season long and I’m betting they want another crack at Burns due to last season. We’ll see…honestly…I was surprised that Maiden got the win over North Surry, over at their place, to even have the opportunity. Maiden’s strength is pitching which gives them a chance…don’t it? Can’t help but chuckle…Maiden started 0-3 in conference play…then reeled off 10 straight conference wins before laying an egg against Newton Conover to end the conference season. I say all that to say this….it ain’t over yet!😂

Sooo…let’s go! Boom Devils! Surprise me again!

CVAC Conference

Bandys takes a short trip over to Lincoln Charter for what should be a very good game between two outstanding conference champions. It’s a hop, skip and a jump from Catawba Valley to Catawba Shores. 😂
Go! Trojans.

Conversely…Maiden with yet another lengthy road trip (2 hours one way) to Eden, NC to play Morehead. Do what? I googled it, since I’ve never been there, and boys….that’s as close to Virginia as you can get.😵‍💫 Tough, tough game for my Blue Devils. Morehead has been at the top or near the top all season long and I’m betting they want another crack at Burns due to last season. We’ll see…honestly…I was surprised that Maiden got the win over North Surry, over at their place, to even have the opportunity. Maiden’s strength is pitching which gives them a chance…don’t it? Can’t help but chuckle…Maiden started 0-3 in conference play…then reeled off 10 straight conference wins before laying an egg against Newton Conover to end the conference season. I say all that to say this….it ain’t over yet!😂

Sooo…let’s go! Boom Devils! Surprise me again!
Good news for Maiden, Nance (NC State commit) pitched round 1. Good luck.

Morehead has Seth Sharpe (Catawba College signee) and Lucas Brooks (Limestone signee) as well as Carson Moore (Barton College) and freshman Zach Grogan

Sharpe and Brooks are your upper 80's guys and Moore has the ability to run it up there as well. Deep pitching staff for Morehead and not just Anderson Nance

Is one of those freshman the guy yal picked up halfway through the year that got kicked off of Southwest Randolph?

Is one of those freshman the guy yal picked up halfway through the year that got kicked off of Southwest Randolph?
On left side yes. But the pitcher I was referring to is from my hometown . I coached his big brother who is same age as my baby boy.

Final Central Davidson 3 Carson 2 Went into 8 innings
East Rowan 9 St Stephens 3 Final
Lake Norman Charter 4 Crest 3
West Henderson 8 North Lincoln 2
Cox Mill 11 Davie 9

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT