ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

I hope so too….the way these seedings look….Maiden is doing a football tour if they keep winning.
East Surry, then Salisbury, I don’t want to play West Caldwell again….y’all need to drop down to 3….so we can play y’all! 😂

I’ll enjoy seeing Boaz at Maiden if it happens. He might whip us again! Salisbury will probably thrash us anyway.

I would love to see Reidsviile play….good luck to those Rams.
Boaz is a non-factor on the basketball court, compared to football. East Surry does have a very good guard and a very good wing though. They go as those two go.

2A EAST REVISED
2/12/23 1:20PM

1. Farmville Central vs 32.Roanoke Rapids
2. Goldsboro vs 31.North Pitt
3. Hertford County vs 30.Fairmont
4. Kinston vs 29.Midway
5. Trask vs 28.Holmes
6. South Granville vs 27.North Lenoir
7. West Bladen vs 26.Wallace-Rose Hill
8. Seaforth vs 25.Granville Central
9. East Carteret vs 24.Eastern Wayne
10.Franklin Academy vs 23.Washington
11.JF Webb vs 22.SW Onslow
=======================================
12.Princeton vs 21.Red Springs
13.Manteo vs 20.Cummings
14.Greene Central vs 19.Camden County
15.Northeastern vs 18.St Pauls
16.North Johnston vs 17.East Bladen
17.East Bladen vs
18.St Pauls vs
19.Camden County
20.Cummings
21.Red Springs
22.SW Onslow
23.Washington
24.Eastern Wayne
25.Granville Central
26.Wallace-Rose Hill
27.North Lenoir
28.Holmes
29.Midway
30.Fairmont
31.North Pitt
32.Roanoke Rapids
==================
Brackets
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Is the tournament being played in Reidsville?
Walkertown is the host school for conference tournament ... Reidsville will return home next Tuesday for first-round playoff game - probably/maybe against Lincolnton. Currently Reidsville is No. 2 seed in West Regional behind one of the Surry schools. But both Surry and Reidsville must win their conference tournaments to protect the lofty RPI marks as there are several schools with outstanding records in West waiting to pounce.

From what I have seen, the first four rounds of regional playoffs are at home of the higher seed. NCHSAA still hasn't announced the venue of the regional finals.

Updated
2A West
2/15/23

1. North Surry vs 32.Owen
2. Reidsville vs 31.Lincolnton
3. West Caldwell vs 30.West Wilkes
4. Hendersonville vs 29.West Stanly
5. East Gaston vs 28.Mount Pleasant
6. Salisbury vs 27.Pine Lake Prep
7. Robinson vs 26.Patton
8. Lincoln Charter vs 25.Brevard
9. SW Randolph vs 24.Burns
10.Monroe vs 23.Walkertown
========================
11.Maiden vs 22.Morehead
12.Shelby vs 21.East Surry
13.TW Andrews vs 20.Newton-Conover
14.West Stokes vs 19.Randleman
15.R-S Central vs 18.Comm School of Davidson
16.Surry Central vs 17.Trinity
17.Trinity
18.Comm School of Davidson
19.Randleman
20.Newton-Conover
21.East Surry
22.Morehead
23.Walkertown
24.Burns
25.Brevard
26.Patton
27.Pine Lake Prep
28.Mount Pleasant
29.West Stanly
30.West Wilkes
31.Lincolnton
32.Owen
==============
Brackets
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

I could see Burns upsetting someone in the first round if they get the right draw. They've lost to Shelby twice (by 2 points each), East Gaston by 2 points, R-S by 4. I know they didn't win those games, but they were right there with those teams. They've also beat Kings Mountain this year.
Burns vs East Gaston tonight….ought to be a thriller

Good win for TW Andrews last night over West Stokes considering they lost both games to them in conference play.

Next up….Reidsville!
Andrews is now 17-8 and ranked No. 10 in RPI West 2A. Raiders have won five of last six, the only loss to Reidsville. That was a 72-69 game on Feb. 6, by far Reidsville's closest game on the 20-0 ledger.

Andrews is now 17-8 and ranked No. 10 in RPI West 2A. Raiders have won five of last six, the only loss to Reidsville. That was a 72-69 game on Feb. 6, by far Reidsville's closest game on the 20-0 l

Do you guys actually go and watch any of these games or just look at stats on nc preps and maxpreps?
To answer your question:
I also look at stats on NCHSAA website.
I haven't been to a game this year, but plan to attend the playoffs.
For Reidsville games this year, Yogi said it best: "Nobody goes because it's too crowded" !

To answer your question:
I also look at stats on NCHSAA website.
I haven't been to a game this year, but plan to attend the playoffs.
For Reidsville games this year, Yogi said it best: "Nobody goes because it's too crowded" !
And they play in the wee hours….like 9 pm…. that’s tough for us old ones!😂

Thnx for the response guys. Guess I should have said something about reidsville in order to get an answer. Well, back to another year or so before I come back to this biased site.
Reidsville suxs😂😂😂

Cummings plays that new school…Seaforth..,tonight for the conference tourney championship.

Go to the thread down below this one…”2023 Mens Basketball RPI’s” and select 2a East….Cummings is currently ranked 17th….just click on Cummings and see who they have played and will play next. All the info is right here at the click of a finger.

Hope you let us know how it goes….nobody ever talks about Cummings except about what they did in the past during those great football years.

I hope you or someone changes that…. Ride on over there (I don’t know where they’re playing) and tell us who wins that game tonight. I assure you… there are people on here who would like to know what Cummings looks like on the court. 😉

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Maiden suxs too….got their arses handed to them by Newton Conover last night!….girls too. UGH!!

Newton Conover vs West Caldwell tonight..,,for the CVAC tourney championship.

I’ll take the underdog…go Red Devils!😜

Thnx for the response guys. Guess I should have said something about reidsville in order to get an answer. Well, back to another year or so before I come back to this biased site.
I know you're all upset about your heels but it will be ok. Us folks in the west don't always keep up with the East teams

If Reidsville could have played and beat a dudley or smith then I think we could've gotten a 1 seed over North Surry
The scheduled game with Cummings was called off because of road condition worries. Not sure if that game would have been an impact though.

Robinson is the defending 2A state champs, defeated farmville in the championship game and brought back the majority of their squad

They are and should be the favorites in the west and the entire 2A bracket

No I still think Farmville is the favorite

Robinson is the defending 2A state champs, defeated farmville in the championship game and brought back the majority of their squad

They are and should be the favorites in the west and the entire 2A bracket
If they still have #22, I think, 6'5 kid that is a stud, yes, they should be the favorites. They, like Lincoln Charter, have played the toughest 2A schedule in the state and because they lost to some high-level teams, their record, and ultimately their RPI, has suffered (stupid). But if they brought back the majority of that team, they should be the favorite in the West. I saw FC this summer, and they are loaded again. The west should be fun from the start. Good luck to all teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT