ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Reidsville gotta be close....they got two football studs (Neal and Harrison) and everyone says they are better at basketball

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville and Morehead will be good. Reidsville has 2 freshmen that are coming from football that are really good. Morehead has a great player in Smith. Everything has to go thru farmville central until proven otherwise!

I think they can beat Asheboro. I don't think they're necessarily better. ER would have some trouble with Stanbeck. That would be a fun, fun game. I hate they don't play each other anymore.
I might have to rethink this statement after what I just witnessed. ER ran Randleman completely out of the gym.

Reidsville beat some team in Graham 75-17 to start the season.
It was a charter school called River Mill, which had a 4-4 record. Neal had 13 points and 13 assists while Harrison posted 19 points and 12 rebounds. Seniors Baggett and Denny added 9 points each.
Rams shot 61 percent from field but didn't do very well on the unguarded 15-footers, making just 6 of 12 FTs.
Next up is conference opener vs. North Forsyth Friday (12-16) at home.

Max Preps 2a WEST Top 10 currently

1. North Surry
2. West Caldwell
3. Surry Central
4. East Gaston
5. Salisbury
6. Robinson
7. Maiden
8. Morehead
9. Trinity
10. Hendersonville

I know it’s early….but I also checked the RPI’s and there are 3 teams from Surry county in the top 4. Yep!…East Surry is in there as well.

Do what?… that’s crazy.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil

1. North Surry
2. West Caldwell
3. Surry Central
4. East Gaston
5. Salisbury
6. Robinson
7. Maiden
8. Morehead
9. Trinity
10. Hendersonville

I know it’s early….but I also checked the RPI’s and there are 3 teams from Surry county in the top 4. Yep!…East Surry is in there as well.

Do what?… that’s crazy.
Yea, but NS, SC and those teams play No one...that something to do with it. I'm not saying they aren't good, NS is always solid, but go play someone in nonconference to get a reality check. Same thing with Maiden and East Gaston. The toughest game Maiden has played is a very below average North Lincoln team that plays hard. At least West Caldwell has ventured out and played some tougher teams.

1. North Surry
2. West Caldwell
3. Surry Central
4. East Gaston
5. Salisbury
6. Robinson
7. Maiden
8. Morehead
9. Trinity
10. Hendersonville

Do what?… that’s crazy.
How is Reidsville not on this list

Reidsville isn’t listed in the Max Preps 2a rankings at all.
I guess it’s just too early to look at rankings.

Reidsville didnt start season until this week.
What are the records of these teams?
1. North Surry 6-0
2. West Caldwell 4-0
3. Surry Central 7-0
4. East Gaston 6-1
5. Salisbury 4-2
6. Robinson 5-2
7. Maiden 6-0
8. Morehead 5-0
9. Trinity 8-2
10. Hendersonville 6-1

Reidsville not listed at all.

Yea, but NS, SC and those teams play No one...that something to do with it. I'm not saying they aren't good, NS is always solid, but go play someone in nonconference to get a reality check. Same thing with Maiden and East Gaston. The toughest game Maiden has played is a very below average North Lincoln team that plays hard. At least West Caldwell has ventured out and played some tougher teams.
If I'm not mistaken, I think NS went to the Western finals and got beat by the team that won the state. Also according to Maxpreps they returned all the starters.

Reidsville and Morehead will be good. Reidsville has 2 freshmen that are coming from football that are really good. Morehead has a great player in Smith. Everything has to go thru farmville central until proven otherwise!

Concord Robinson won last season. But Farmville is still Farmville

kendre Harrison played about half of game due to early foul trouble, according two my sources. (I wasn't there). Last 3 minutes were running clock.
Yea he picked up 3 cheap ones including a bogus tech early in half. Overall team looked good and fast to the ball.

Next two games are against winless Rockingham County Monday and 1-6 Western Alamance Tuesday ... game against Cummings at home Thursday might be first test, but (surprisingly) Cummings is only 2-3 so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT