ADVERTISEMENT

Top Boys basketball

With the addition of the 2 outstanding players from Burlington to go with the other stars from Reidsville I don't see them losing to anyone in 2a
Reidsville also has a 6-6 transfer from McMichael (Kristian Scales)

A jr, he did play for a little while but left the team. It maybe because he wasn't playing
Hadn't played football before, plus he doesn't carry a lot of weight on the 6-6 frame. I've heard he's a good baseball player as well.

Reactions: thekidd12
What looks to be a good game on December 15 at 8:30 , Central Cabarrus will take on The Burlington School (11-3) I never heard of them. But looking at their roster they have several players with good height. 2 6’8” and 1 6’7”. Does anyone know anything about The Burlington School. Then next day on Dec 16 Central Cabarrus will take on undefeated Hickory Ride at 8:30.

Reidsville opened with 80-41 win over High Point Andrews (0-5). Rams scored 31 points in opening quarter and only 4 in fourth quarter (I assume running clock). Sharpe with 21 and Neal with 20 led the scoring ... Harrison posted 10 points, 11 rebounds and 5 blocks.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
running clock??? what the hell?? in basketball? what's the threshold and can a team get back under the number and play like normal.....geez.......................

running clock??? what the hell?? in basketball? what's the threshold and can a team get back under the number and play like normal.....geez.......................
Need to put the bench in earlier to keep it under 40 …. Maybe they did and the bench is really good.😄

• Haha
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
hey I saw where Reidsville and dudley are gonna play against each other in basketball this year?? on other threads they say the reason they dont play football is for security reasons.....wouldnt basketball be worse than football??

hey I saw where Reidsville and dudley are gonna play against each other in basketball this year?? on other threads they say the reason they dont play football is for security reasons.....wouldnt basketball be worse than football??
That’s not the reason. Harder to work out a 10 game football schedule than 20+ game basketball schedule.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
What looks to be a good game on December 15 at 8:30 , Central Cabarrus will take on The Burlington School (11-3) I never heard of them. But looking at their roster they have several players with good height. 2 6’8” and 1 6’7”. Does anyone know anything about The Burlington School. Then next day on Dec 16 Central Cabarrus will take on undefeated Hickory Ride at 8:30.
The Burlington School is a private school. They're usually pretty good. They are defending NCISSA 2A Champs. They're 11-3 this year so far with losses to Moravian Prep, WS Christian National Team and a prep school from AZ

TBS started becoming a real player back in the mid 2010's. They're usually a very fun team to watch.

Where are these games at

People said the same in football. If you’re beating a HS team by 40 in basketball the clock NEEDS to run. Especially on the girls side. Do you know how many jump ball calls are avoided by such?
😂

Reactions: kingbluedevil
guess i'm an old chauvinist but i prefer to watch jv boys and then varsity boys......girls need to play on a different night

Article here:

Reactions: thekidd12
when did this nonsense go into effect? this year??
Been around for the past 5-6 years. When the talent/skill level is that disparate, it is a blessing. Seen a few with the Whirlies, especially girls, where HS all-star teams seem to be more prevalent. At least in Guilford County.

Been around for the past 5-6 years. When the talent/skill level is that disparate, it is a blessing. Seen a few with the Whirlies, especially girls, where HS all-star teams seem to be more prevalent. At least in Guilford County.
10 years ago and this comes into effect on the girls games mostly. Some of the players first time playing and teams like Forbush and Bishop McGuiness comes to town it gets ugly fast.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
guess i'm an old chauvinist but i prefer to watch jv boys and then varsity boys......girls need to play on a different night
Several good reasons not to play on different night:

Increased cost in paying officials travel. Also doubles the nights good officials must work. I suppose you could send a crew that comprised inexperienced officials with more seasoned officials. Is that what you want for a top level intense varsity game. JV games are learning experiences for players and officials.

Many schools only have 1 gym . On nights when one of the teams is playing it is difficult for the other to practice.

With the 5 quarter rule often times some of the varsity bench is comprised of JV players, especially at small schools. Tough to play back to back.

Increased cost for fans. They would have to pay admission on separate nights and also have to travel on separate nights.

I think keep the system the same.

You obviously haven’t seen really good girls’ basketball Historically, especially at the college level, girls teams have better shooting percentages from the field, the three point line and the free throw line. Girls aren’t spending all their energy trying to tomahawk dunk over somebody😂

You obviously haven’t seen really good girls’ basketball Historically, especially at the college level, girls teams have better shooting percentages from the field, the three point line and the free throw line. Girls aren’t spending all their energy trying to tomahawk dunk over somebody😂
Good girls basketball is hard to come by but when it’s good it is pretty good I do admit

Northwest Guilford, Bishop McGuiness, East Burk, Forbush, North Surry consistently have good teams

Reidsville took its show on the road tonight and defeated North Forsyth 88-51 to go to 2-0 on the season. Big challenge coming up Tuesday against Northern Guilford (6-0).

Central Cabarrus with a win over The Burlington School 84-55. Tomorrow night Central Cabarrus takes on undefeated Hickory Ridge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT