ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

It's being played at Walkertown
Hon ... Reidsville vs. Andrews conference tournament final is at Walkertown; Cummings plays at Seaforth in that conference tournament final. They are playing that tournament at the home court of the higher seeded team .. Seaforth won conference at 11-1 with Cummings at 10-2. Overall, Cummings is 16-8 and Seaforth 17-7.

Hon ... Reidsville vs. Andrews conference tournament final is at Walkertown; Cummings plays at Seaforth in that conference tournament final. They are playing that tournament at the home court of the higher seeded team .. Seaforth won conference at 11-1 with Cummings at 10-2. Overall, Cummings is 16-8 and Seaforth 17-7.
My Bad! Been a lllooonnnggg week or me!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Per usual, Reidsville was led by the freshman duo of Kendre Harrison with 33 points, and Dionte Neal with 18...Senior Landon Denny chipped in 12 and played like a man possessed in the 2nd half on the boards...............Reidsville now 21-0 at home Tuesday in first round of state playoffs likely hosting Lincolnton..............

Max Preps 2a teams in top 100 overall.

14. Farmville Central
31. Reidsville
32. Goldsboro
33. Hertford
34. North Surry
66. West Caldwell
70. East Gaston
75. Kinston
92. Greene Central
98. Hendersonville

Looks like Max Preps drew straws on that gaggle of 2a teams ranked in the 30’s…..and Reidsville came out on top. 😜

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
CVAC projected 1st round opponents.

3. West Caldwell vs 30. West Stanly
11. Maiden vs 22. East Surry
15. Trinity vs 18. Newton Conover
2. Reidsville vs 31. Lincolnton

1 1/2 to 2 hour road trips for the visitors.

Surprisingly…..to me at least…Newton traveling to Trinity is the closest for all 4 of these games. I thought Trinity was with those flat landers down near the zoo!

Morning!…Kidd😉

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
Per usual, Reidsville was led by the freshman duo of Kendre Harrison with 33 points, and Dionte Neal with 18...Senior Landon Denny chipped in 12 and played like a man possessed in the 2nd half on the boards...............Reidsville now 21-0 at home Tuesday in first round of state playoffs likely hosting Lincolnton..............
If any of you guys want to ask me my opinion on those two freshman I think they should concentrate on basketball. Congrats on a great regular season.

14. Farmville Central
31. Reidsville
32. Goldsboro
33. Hertford
34. North Surry
66. West Caldwell
70. East Gaston
75. Kinston
92. Greene Central
98. Hendersonville

Looks like Max Preps drew straws on that gaggle of 2a teams ranked in the 30’s…..and Reidsville came out on top. 😜
Reidsville hasn't played a team outside the conference since Rockingham County on 1-7-23 so it will be interesting to see how the Rams stack up against the rest of the 2A world.

Their non-conference ledger is not all that impressive with the best wins over Burlington Williams (14-11) and Burlington Christian Academy (17-7). Rockingham, Western Alamance and Northeast Guilford were a combined 13-59 and Northeast had 9 of those 13.

The conference has some solid teams with Andrews, West Stokes and Morehead (all with 13 or more wins) and Walkertown isn't an easy out either. Also will be interesting to watch how those teams fare in the first round of the states. That will measure how good the conference is compared to the rest of 2A.

This will be only the third time in its storied history Reidsville has entered the state playoffs with an undefeated record. And only one of the 21 wins was by less than an 11-point margin.

Last edited:
At any level of basketball if you have a good point guard you have a good chance and Reidsville has that. Harrison will be a tough matchup and they have good players surrounding those two. In a one and done tournament anything can happen so we will see how it plays out.

Reidsville weak schedule will hurt them some in the deep rounds of the playoffs.

I do think reidsville schedule isn’t the strongest. Not necessarily weak, cause the conference isn’t bad. Reidsville was just missing a smith or Dudley type game on the schedule. I’ll say this the basketball team is better than the football strong schedule or not.

I do think reidsville schedule isn’t the strongest. Not necessarily weak, cause the conference isn’t bad. Reidsville was just missing a smith or Dudley type game on the schedule. I’ll say this the basketball team is better than the football strong schedule or not.
With the good young talent Reidsville needs to play Greensboro day, Mt Tabor just to challenge the team. When West Stokes had a good team they played Greensboro Day. They got beat but help get the team better

With the good young talent Reidsville needs to play Greensboro day, Mt Tabor just to challenge the team. When West Stokes had a good team they played Greensboro Day. They got beat but help get the team better

Yeah, usually the rams play good teams like that. They’ve played Dudley and smith recently even piedmont classical. Not sure why they didn’t play at least one of them this season, when it was known this was going to be a really good team

Yeah, usually the rams play good teams like that. They’ve played Dudley and smith recently even piedmont classical. Not sure why they didn’t play at least one of them this season, when it was known this was going to be a really good team
Season got off to a late start because of football playoffs and the conference schedule obviously had priority. The holiday tournament field wasn't the best and that's where the Rams could have picked up some good competition. Plus the scheduled game with Cummings was canceled due to road condition worries.

Season got off to a late start because of football playoffs and the conference schedule obviously had priority. The holiday tournament field wasn't the best and that's where the Rams could have picked up some good competition. Plus the scheduled game with Cummings was canceled due to road condition worries.

Still could’ve scheduled at least one of those teams. I do understand the circumstances. Next year they gotta schedule one of them

14. Farmville Central
31. Reidsville
32. Goldsboro
33. Hertford
34. North Surry
66. West Caldwell
70. East Gaston
75. Kinston
92. Greene Central
98. Hendersonville

Maybe someone from Reidsville slipped them some Short Sugars BBQ when we weren't looking.

The head coach of a team called the Alabama Crimson Tide begs to differ. :rolleyes: :p;)o_O
From what everyone is saying the kids are the real deal, but it is not necessarily a no-brainer in 2023. Dollars and cents are the driving factor these days while we all still yearn for the colors and names on the uniform. I hope they play as many sports as humanly possible and not become mercenaries at places like IMG Academy or Bishop Gorman. Finally, that certain head coach will be 75 years old in four more years.

I gotta say…..that 2a west bracket looks like a humdinger from start to finish.
There are some fantastic 1st round games….in fact….I’d say just about all of them are…with the exception of a couple….North Surry and Reidsville.

Oh lord…..Apologies to all my Lincolnton brothers….but I think Reidsville is real good.

I’d love to see who y’all would pick for all 16 games😂

Pick ‘em anyone?…I dare you!😂

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I gotta say…..that 2a west bracket looks like a humdinger from start to finish.
There are some fantastic 1st round games….in fact….I’d say just about all of them are…with the exception of a couple….North Surry and Reidsville.

Oh lord…..Apologies to all my Lincolnton brothers….but I think Reidsville is real good.

I’d love to see who y’all would pick for all 16 games😂

Pick ‘em anyone?…I dare you!😂
Good Lincolnton loses by about 15. Bad Lincolnton has the ability to lose by 40.

My assessment is based on their scores this year. Good loses by about 12. Well we don’t want to talk about bad. I think Maiden and Lincolnton are the only CVAC teams to qualify for football and basketball?
How about that…good stuff…hadn’t dawned on me but you’re right.

Still could’ve scheduled at least one of those teams. I do understand the circumstances. Next year they gotta schedule one of them
Dudley and Smith are low 3A seeds this year in the playoffs, didnt even when their conference, whats your infactuation with them lol

Dudley and Smith are low 3A seeds this year in the playoffs, didnt even when their conference, whats your infactuation with them lol

We've played them in the past and its a good gate. We've also not been successful against either in basketball. Its better than anyone on our non conference, other possible games are Page, Grimsley and Gw Danville. Greensboro Day would be a good one, Mount tabor. Just need to get one of the above on the schedule.

I'm so old I remember when Reidsville and Dudley were in the same conference along with Greensboro Grimsley...Rams used to drill both of those teams on a regular basis...........basketball used to be THE sport in Reidsville more so that even football............................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT