ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Girls Basketball Thread

ER girls soundly defeat Wheatmore 71-44. I believe with SWR's loss tonight that they and ER are now tied for second. Those losses to Wheatmore and PG are going to haunt the Cougars.
I just saw Brecken Snotherly's stat line from last night. 43 points, 17 rebounds, and seven assists. That's insane. Wheatmore's not that bad of a team either.

1A East Girls #1's
as of 1/28/23

1A
Atlantic 5(Cape Hatteras)
Carolina(North Duplin)
Central Tar Heel(Chatham Charter)
Four Rivers(Perquimans)
Tar-Roanoke(Northampton County)
Triangle North(Voyager)
2A/1A
Coastal Plains(Southside)
Mid-Carolina(Chatham Central)
Super Six(Falls Lake Academy)
Waccamaw(Pender)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
1A West Girls #1's
1/28/23

Big Smoky(Cherokee)
Little Smoky(Highlands)
Metro 8(Piedmont Community Charter)
Northwest(East Wilkes)
Northwest Piedmont(Bishop McGuinness)

2A/1A West
Catawba Shores(Christ The King)
Central Carolina(North Rowan)
PAC-7(Eastern Randolph)
Southern Piedmont(Bessemer City)
Western Highlands(Mountain Heritage)
Yadkin Valley(Albemarle)

1A West Projection 1/29 RPI time 11:22AM

1. Mountain Heritage vs 32.Cornerstone Charter
2. Bishop McGuinness vs 31.Hayesville
3. Cherokee vs 30.Murphy
4. Albemarle vs 29.South Davidson
5. Bessemer City vs 28.Corvian Community
6. Eastern Randolph vs 27.Highland Tech
7. East Wilkes vs 26.Swain County
8. North Rowan vs 25.Mitchell
9. Highlands vs 24.South Stokes
10.Christ The King vs 23.Starmount
11.Piedmont Community Charter vs 22.Hiwassee Dam
12.Rosman vs 21.Avery County
13.Thomas Jefferson vs 20.Uwharrie Charter
14.Draughn vs 19.North Stokes
15.Leadership Acadmey vs 18.Union Academy
16.Robbinsville vs 17.Mount Airy
17.Mount Airy
18.Union Academy
19.North Stokes
20.Uwharrie Charter
21.Avery County
22.Hiwassee Dam
23.Starmount
24.South Stokes
25.Mitchell
26.Swain County
27.Highland Tech
28.Corvian Community
29.South Davidson
30.Murphy
31.Hayesville
32.Cornerstone Charter
======================
BRACKET
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

1A East Projection 1/29 RPI time 12:28 PM

1. Falls Lake vs 32.Oxford Prep
2. Chatham Charter vs 31.North Edgecombe
3. North Duplin vs 30.Bertie
4. Northhampton County vs 29.Neuse Charter
5. Perquimans vs 28.Columbia
6. Southside vs 27.Bear Grass Charter
7. Voyager vs 26.NW Halifax
8. Chatham Central vs 25.Union
9. Cape Hatteras vs 24.Eno River
10.Pender vs 23.Washington County
11.Vance Charter vs 22.East Wake Academy
12.Clover Garden School vs 21.Lakewood
13.Northside Pinetown vs 20.Weldon
14.East Columbus vs 19.Gates County
15.SE Haliax vs 18.Triangle Math & Science
16.Tarboro vs 17.Roxboro Community
17.Roxboro Community
18.Triangle Math & Science
19.Gates County
20.Weldon
21.Lakewood
22.East Wake Academy
23.Washington County
24.Eno River
25.Union
26.NW Halifax
27.Bear Grass Charter
28.Columbia
29.Neuse Charter
30.Bertie
31.North Edgecombe
32.Oxford Prep
=================================
Brackets
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

WInston-Salem Christian (regional) 49
Bishop 38

Bishop had the lead at halftime.
I believe Bishop plays WS Christian’s National Team at the end of the season. They’re probably the best team in the state based on all associations.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
There sure is constant moving with the RPI.

E Randolph has made huge strides from the beginning of the season. It will be interesting to see how they do come playoffs. Snotherly will get her points but will the others do enough to help them win….
The last projection I seen would have them as a 6 seed. With the matchups they would have a realistic shot at going to the 3rd round I think. In the 3rd you would probably see them against a Cherokee at Cherokee which would be a tough one.

Looks like now they would be a 5 seed even though that will probably change. Interesting enough last year they made the trek to Cherokee and only lost by 3 but obviously Cherokee is stronger this year.

What is crazy is the drop from 1 to 2 for bishop with the schedule they played. They still have a game with Winston salem christian national team coming up. Overall I think the 1-3 are pretty set. Albemarle plays Union Friday but I’m not sure if that will be big enough bump with a win to push them ahead of cherokee. The 4-6 teams I think are pretty set between Albemarle Bessemer city and ER just order needs to play out.

Looks like now they would be a 5 seed even though that will probably change. Interesting enough last year they made the trek to Cherokee and only lost by 3 but obviously Cherokee is stronger this year.

Cherokee is very much improved. They have a post player that is strong and can score the ball and lots of perimeter players that can score. They shoot the 3 at an above average rate. They have depth and are sound defensively. They are well coached and do not have just one player you can focus on. They can score in transition, off turnovers or in a half court game. I think this group has a good chance to win it all.

Cherokee is very much improved. They have a post player that is strong and can score the ball and lots of perimeter players that can score. They shoot the 3 at an above average rate. They have depth and are sound defensively. They are well coached and do not have just one player you can focus on. They can score in transition, off turnovers or in a half court game. I think this group has a good chance to win it all.
You forgot scrappy lol. They are definitely scrappy

Reactions: 97Cougar
There sure is constant moving with the RPI.

E Randolph has made huge strides from the beginning of the season. It will be interesting to see how they do come playoffs. Snotherly will get her points but will the others do enough to help them win….
I'm going to say "Yes" to that question. I don't think I would've given that answer at the beginning of the season.

Cherokee is a well balanced team we played them twice this summer. Once with two starters out. They are solid. A lot like our girls as far as balanced. Our top 8 scorers as of today 13….10.2…8.6…8.4..6.7…5.6…3.1..2.6.. have four girls avg over 2 assists a game and have had 5 different girls go for 18 plus this season. I love it when teams make it hard to focus on 1-2 players.

Cherokee is a well balanced team we played them twice this summer. Once with two starters out. They are solid. A lot like our girls as far as balanced. Our top 8 scorers as of today 13….10.2…8.6…8.4..6.7…5.6…3.1..2.6.. have four girls avg over 2 assists a game and have had 5 different girls go for 18 plus this season. I love it when teams make it hard to focus on 1-2 players.
I hope that when the brackets come out, they don't meet till the Western Finals.

Not that it matters now but how did y'all do vs Cherokee in the summer? I know y'all beat them in playoffs last year bc lady braves never adjusted defense and kept leaving y'all wide open from 3

Not that it matters now but how did y'all do vs Cherokee in the summer? I know y'all beat them in playoffs last year bc lady braves never adjusted defense and kept leaving y'all wide open from 3
We won with our whole team lost without our whole team. Both good games.

My projections of course unseen losses can play a major factor in this
1) Mtn heritage - I see them winning out through conf tournament
2) Bishop - their conf is weak but they play Winston salem christian national which is going to be a huge task)
3) cherokee - I believe is solidly at the 3
4) Albemarle - game against UA Friday and conf tourney where they will play UA or North again. I don’t think either will bump them ahead of cherokee
5) ER - playing really good ball right now I can see them and BC flip flopping on RPI until seedlings come out
6) Bessemer City - same as above I think they will play Shelby again which may give them the final bump ahead of ER on the RPI.

The rest of the field I think will have a bunch of movement due to the overall rpi. These last just over two weeks will be interesting to watch. Some teams that come to mind outside of the top 6 I would watch would be rosman North Rowan Union academy highlands I think these are sleepers that are fully capable of competing

Yes it is. I won’t change it. I always start and finish with my seniors but to say when they got up 16-6 and hitting like they were I wasn’t nervous would be a lie 😂
Luckily we didn’t get jumped out on but we did kinda get into a luff offense wise but it’s all good. I’m always gonna respect starting the seniors on senior night! We did do a good job of making sure our seniors got a lot of opportunities tonight. Proud of them for that.

Luckily we didn’t get jumped out on but we did kinda get into a luff offense wise but it’s all good. I’m always gonna respect starting the seniors on senior night! We did do a good job of making sure our seniors got a lot of opportunities tonight. Proud of them for that.
Absolutely that’s always the goal. Honestly we did about the same thing we missed a bunch of easy opportunities at the beginning made some bad fouls and UA started hitting like crazy. We weathered it well and got back into it and then did much better in the second half. But any good shooting team makes me nervous when they get hot like that. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT