ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Girls Basketball Thread

I see Bishop McGuinness as the favorite. They return all their starters and Jernigan was a fresh last year and has multiple D1 offers this year. They’ve already beaten Albemarle by 30, who will probably be competitive in 1A.
I agree they will be the favorites until someone knocks them off.

Reactions: Hon Dines
I think you will see in the west the same teams back in the 3rd round may see one or two different ones depending on draws but a lot of those teams were very young last year. Albemarle still has 10 freshmen and sophomores. They still have north Rowan tonight Salisbury Tuesday and hopewell next Friday. They didn’t lose any from last years team and have brown back so are healthy now. Still growing to do but they aren’t going to get any worse. But I would fully expect those or pretty much the same teams in the third round, of course matchups can vary that.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Does anyone have insight on Murphy? I know that Gutierrez left for GA but who is the new coach and can anyone give thoughts on them? I haven't been up to date with that as I hoped to be.

Fyn preseason picks
Boys Poy RVille Brock Adams
Girls Poy RVille Trammell

Boys
Robbinsville
Girls
Robbinsville

Falls Lake might be the contender from the east. They have a strong guard in Emerson Thompson. Emerson had a strong summer playing aau alongside Sarah Strong- One of the top 2024 recruits in the nation.

Ahhh ok. Well we know Bishop should be too in the West. We’ll know quite a bit come January.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Interesting matchup tonight, Cherokee at Bishop. Cherokee looked pretty good routing Franklin the other night. Franklin returns most of their team and won their 3A conference last year.

Oh so it sounds like it may be a good one!! I’ll be there.

Franklin didn't look too good the other night, from the beginning of the game they couldn't keep up

I hearing Franklin girls are down this year. They are 0-2
Hard to tell about Franklin. They have their conference POY back and a couple of other starters. They are 0-2, but have lost in back to back nights to a good Cherokee team and Rabun Co Ga (last year's 2A state runner up) Rabun has 2 very good guards returning and I don't know what else.

Fyntv picked Cherokee girls as preseason 4th place team in SMC.
I know Robbinsville has Tremeall (probably spelled wrong) back did they return most of their key players from last season? I was hoping we would get to play them this summer but we didn’t get to see them. Played Cherokee couple times once without 3 starters but were both good games.

We lost one . I can't even attempt to spell her name. Lol.

Trammell is how it's spelled.

We lost one . I can't even attempt to spell her name. Lol.

Trammell is how it's spelled.
Lol thanks, y’all are definitely contenders out of the smc for the west along with Cherokee. She’s a hell of a player and a good kid from what I’ve seen. She was very supportive and encouraging to my daughter who’s a year behind her at several workouts they both attended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT