ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh welcome to 2A

lets just say that WRH wont be able to rest a lot of their starters in the 2A playoffs like they did in 1A. furthermore they will never play a team in the 2A playoffs with more losses than wins like they did in 1A. they will actually have to show up and play far more often in 2A, unlike 1A. for the record though, i do think WRH has a very good chance of winning 2A East. does that answer your question?
96 Panther, you must realize WRH ill be playing in 2A playoffs alonf with probably East Bladen and South Columbus.Clintyon and ED will most likely be playing in the 2AA playoffs with likely Bunn, etc.

The way our playoff schedule is looking like, we get:
Round 1 cupcake
Round 2 East Bladen
Round 3 Northeasten
Round 4 WRH.
I'd say EB 2rd in no cupcake for any team in 2A regardless

Reactions: 96panther
SCHS 96, you guys might be very good this year. I dont know. But I do know we beat South Columbus last year 40-3 or something like that and then y'all went to the Eastern Finals of this supposedly supper tough meat grinder 2A playoffs.lol Don't add up too me. I'm saying all this because some guys keep talking about how much more competitive the 2A playoffs are than 1A. The way I see it if your a top team the first few rounds are snooze fest in either classification.
I didn't say last year was the meat grinder, I said this year will be the meat grinder. yes you beat us last year, but we return basically the same team and have a GREAT senior QB who has been a three year starter and started abut half the games his Freshman year. He is also one of the best defenisive players in 2A this year at LB. I'm just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch my friend. We are dominant against the run, great DL and LB's. So it would be a great smashmouth game, but we have the added option of being able to throw it around as well.

96 Panther, you must realize WRH ill be playing in 2A playoffs alonf with probably East Bladen and South Columbus.Clintyon and ED will most likely be playing in the 2AA playoffs with likely Bunn, etc.
yes i realize that. ED and WRH both have a very good chance of going very deep in the playoffs, but wont have to face each other.

I remember that 1997 East Duplin team well. East Duplin defeated the DarkHorses regular season in the Horses' homecoming game but on December 5, 1997 the DarkHorse's avenged that loss in Beaulaville in the eastern championship game defeating the Panthers 35-0. I can see Willie Parker running now as well the Horse's big fullback Ralph Smith (current fullback Jaylan Smith's Father) running wild on the field. Twenty years ago! Funny how some things might back around again:)
with all due respect to my boy EDPanther99, i actually think from what ive seen so far that "this" is our best team ever. at least if for nothing else, purely for the number of great athletes on this team. that 97 team was very good, but that team didnt have as much speed and athleticism across the board as this team in my opinion. just my opinion. im sure some will disagree.

96. A little friendly wager on Havelock /Jacksonville
LMAO...are you mad man? Havelock knows that this year is not a for sure conference title for them. They know that they must beat the Cards. Card's know in order for them to earn the respect that they deserve that they must get the Havelock monkey off their back. I so wish that WRH was on the Cards schedule this year. Some of your fans need to be taught a lesson with running that gator. I can promise you Cards would gash you for 300 plus yards rushing. Just like the ED fans said they would rather see you again then face the Cards.

LMAO...are you mad man? Havelock knows that this year is not a for sure conference title for them. They know that they must beat the Cards. Card's know in order for them to earn the respect that they deserve that they must get the Havelock monkey off their back. I so wish that WRH was on the Cards schedule this year. Some of your fans need to be taught a lesson with running that gator. I can promise you Cards would gash you for 300 plus yards rushing. Just like the ED fans said they would rather see you again then face the Cards.
i dont know who will win the Jville/Havelock game, but i think it will be your Cards. Havelock is good as usual, but i see noone outclassing you guys this year.

Reactions: dogs79
I've seen all the ED teams since the mid 1980's. In my opinion, the 1997 team was ED's best team. It's much too early to evaluate the 2017 team in that mixture at this early date

i dont know who will win the Jville/Havelock game, but i think it will be your Cards. Havelock is good as usual, but i see noone outclassing you guys this year.
I will go ahead a say it right now. As long as your coaches and the kids stay hungry in Beaulaville...there is a very strong possibility and I do mean very strong possibility that there will be a parade downtown Beaulaville in December sometime. Barring any injuries down the stretch. Panthers again are the real deal. Can play with and beat anyone. Defense is definitely one of the best in the state. Regardless of classification.

I will go ahead a say it right now. As long as your coaches and the kids stay hungry in Beaulaville...there is a very strong possibility and I do mean very strong possibility that there will be a parade downtown Beaulaville in December sometime. Barring any injuries down the stretch. Panthers again are the real deal. Can play with and beat anyone. Defense is definitely one of the best in the state. Regardless of classification.
There is this team named Reidsville that you might want to check out before you start making those parade plans.

Biggest thing for you ED folks is hoping those boys dont start to get complacent....speaking from a similar situation with us last year beating some good teams bigger schools blowing everyone out beat the crap out of Wallace in the dogpound went undefeated won Conference after that its like we lost steam and sadly enough i felt it started in the last 5 mins of the Wallace game last year up 35-7 and instead of having a killer instinct guys kinda just slowed up after that didnt see the same team and we all know how that story ended in the 3rd round.......stay humble stay hungrey finish the job....its going to be hard i mean putting my fanhood to the side and being realistic yall won the conference title last night and will run the table to the playoffs just being honest.....just dont get complacent thats the biggest thing

I hope East Duplin goes on to win the 2AA State Championship. I really do. Your team is certainly capable. But there is a lot of gamse left to play. Good luck the rest of the way.

DarkHorse34, hasn't no one won anything yet! Last night was just the 1st conference game. Your point is well made though about complacency. Sometime teams peak out too soon. Maintaining momentum while playing some teams that's, not as competitive is very important.

DarkHorse34, hasn't no one won anything yet! Last night was just the 1st conference game. Your point is well made though about complacency. Sometime teams peak out too soon. Maintaining momentum while playing some teams that's, not as competitive is very important.
i have seen no ED posters mentioning anything about "we are going to win State". you guys are the only ones talking about that at this point. we are well aware there is a whole lot of the season left to play.

Biggest thing for you ED folks is hoping those boys dont start to get complacent....speaking from a similar situation with us last year beating some good teams bigger schools blowing everyone out beat the crap out of Wallace in the dogpound went undefeated won Conference after that its like we lost steam and sadly enough i felt it started in the last 5 mins of the Wallace game last year up 35-7 and instead of having a killer instinct guys kinda just slowed up after that didnt see the same team and we all know how that story ended in the 3rd round.......stay humble stay hungrey finish the job....its going to be hard i mean putting my fanhood to the side and being realistic yall won the conference title last night and will run the table to the playoffs just being honest.....just dont get complacent thats the biggest thing
one game at a time. thats all it is. noone on our end is looking ahead. we have suffered way too much playoff heart break than to take anything for granted. one bad game, or even one bad play against another good team, and you will be putting up your pads and putting on your B-Ball uniforms.

one game at a time. same for everybody. we havent accomplished anything yet. good luck to your Cards the rest of the season.

I've seen all the ED teams since the mid 1980's. In my opinion, the 1997 team was ED's best team. It's much too early to evaluate the 2017 team in that mixture at this early date
i agree its much to early for that, but judging by what ive seen "so far", i give this team a slight edge as far pure athletic ability goes. i would expect you to be a little partial to that 97 team anyway being you guys blew us out in the playoffs.

Only competition in the 2AA east will be if North Davidson goes East besides that dont really see anyone beating the Panthers

Ok ok, Havelock and Jacksonville, who really cares? We beat Jacksonville and Wallace beat Havelock and all that says is that Wallace and ED can hold their own with the likes of about anyone. Havelock nor Jacksonville want to tangle with the Panthers or the Dogs again this year. These 2 teams can obviously get the job done. I'm proud of the Panthers but anyone who might overlook Wallace is in for a long night. Duplin County has at least 2 teams loaded for bear this year.

Our '97 was the best team we've ever had. If we win State then we'll revisit that debate.

And I'm not downgrading EDs win at all. Saying the step up in competition could have a cumulative effect doesn't take away from the bulldog team. (Wallace has a good team). It simply means that playing bigger, faster, tougher opponents every week and then having to run through the meat grinder that is the playoffs every single year can take a toll.

Congrats to Wallace for taking full advantage of the little a playoffs, but often times they played maybe two competitive games (including the state final) during those playoff runs. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. The truth often does.

2A has been good to WRH. The Dogs get a Welcome to 2A at beginning of the season and then handed the championship trophy at the end of the season. The Dogs made it though the playoff " meat grinder" with two competitive games just like 99Panthers said.

Our '97 was the best team we've ever had. If we win State then we'll revisit that debate.

And I'm not downgrading EDs win at all. Saying the step up in competition could have a cumulative effect doesn't take away from the bulldog team. (Wallace has a good team). It simply means that playing bigger, faster, tougher opponents every week and then having to run through the meat grinder that is the playoffs every single year can take a toll.

Congrats to Wallace for taking full advantage of the little a playoffs, but often times they played maybe two competitive games (including the state final) during those playoff runs. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. The truth often does.
Booooya!

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
2A has been good to WRH. The Dogs get a Welcome to 2A at beginning of the season and then handed the championship trophy at the end of the season. The Dogs made it though the playoff " meat grinder" with two competitive games just like 99Panthers said.
yeah ill admit WRH is the real deal. but you have to admit other than Northeastern 2A east was pretty weak this year.

Well well well... where is the welcoming committee now? Yes ED beat WRH but who got the ring? And as for the east being down this year, we played who was put in front of us on the road for 4 rounds. I will say this ED had a great year but when they beat WRH they thought they had won State then. They celebrated more then than they did after the ND game. Again congrats on your conference championship and eastern championship. Come March i will post a pic of our New RING. Thanks again for the 2a welcoming.

Well well well... where is the welcoming committee now? Yes ED beat WRH but who got the ring? And as for the east being down this year, we played who was put in front of us on the road for 4 rounds. I will say this ED had a great year but when they beat WRH they thought they had won State then. They celebrated more then than they did after the ND game. Again congrats on your conference championship and eastern championship. Come March i will post a pic of our New RING. Thanks again for the 2a welcoming.
so you dont agree that 2A was weaker than 2AA?

Not after seeing Hibriten. They scored on 2 lucky pass plays. WRH would have beaten them. ED should have!

Not after seeing Hibriten. They scored on 2 lucky pass plays. WRH would have beaten them. ED should have!
im just talking on the whole. and i give WRH credit. they very well might have won it in 2AA if they were in it. you beat a very good Reidsville team. i just think 2AA overall was a little tougher. just my opinion. and believe me. i would love for ED to win any title at this point. even a 0.5A!!!

Well when the smoke settled and it was all said and done it was wrh who held the trophy for the 4peat and yall still talking about beating wrh, ED you were runner up in a state championship game you guys were that good this year, for you to keep revisit ing a game is pointless really !!! You beat wallace so u rather have that than a ring. Dogs 79 now i see what u been saying they rather beat wrh and they felt like they accomplished something.. I dont get it.you still talking about a win that means absolutely nothing but bragging rights in the county but look what wrh can say they won another title i know the guys sure isnt thinking about that one loss at all ,we lost thats it end of story but in the end the result is the new king of 2a football for atleast a year they can say we run. All of 2a football and Duplin County!!! Congrats to The state runner up ED Panthers!!!

Reactions: Battle22 and dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT